TeachFirst Employee Review

Challenging and stimulating work environment
Secondary School Spanish Teacher (Current Employee) –  Leeds, ENG29 August 2014
On a typical day, I will get to work for 7.30 AM. Having checked my emails, I will print off resources for the first few classes of the morning which typically start at 8.30 AM. At break time I will often be on duty, and I will then teach more classes throughout the day, with the last one finishing at 3 o'clock. On a normal day, I will have meetings with other members of my team or senior management until 5 o'clock, after which I will plan lessons for the next day, mark books, phone parents etc.

Working an inner-city school, I have developed what I feel is an invaluable, and very difficult ability, to motivate students. Furthermore, I now possess excellent teamwork and organizational skills, being able to work with a variety of different stakeholders towards a common goal. I am capable at presenting information clearly and concisely, and have consistently demonstrated a tireless work ethic, with a determination to consistently work at a high standard.

I have excellent relationships with colleagues and support staff, and their help has been invaluable to me throughout what has been at times an extremely challenging year.

The hardest part of the job is undoubtedly motivating inner-city children- some of whom have never left Leeds- and generating within them an interest in Spanish and the culture of Spain. However, at the same time this is also the most enjoyable aspect of the job, as it is highly rewarding to secure progress for these types of pupils.

Other TeachFirst Employee Reviews

Summer teaching internship
Kimberly School Internship (Former Employee) –  Kimberley, Nottinghamshire18 July 2019
I enjoyed my time during this internship and found it a very rewarding experience.
Pros
Short term internship
Cons
Travel
Produtive and enjoyable experience
Internship Placement (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London24 June 2019
TeachFirst provided opportunites in which work can be completed among with other workers. Wrking as an IT service Desks assistant allowed the ability to support others from the desk and around the building as well which allows great communication amongst other workers and to avoid getting board when working at the same confined space everyday. The job can be difficult in being able to fully provide the correct support towards others immediately without making any mistakes, although it is the mot enjoybale experience once a task that may appear to large is completed within a day.
Pros
air conditioning, bevarages
Cons
Long Hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TeachFirst. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2