TeachFirst
TeachFirst Employee Review

15 May 2018
Great scheme to get a PGCE, challenging though as you are often placed in difficult schools. However, the management/organisation and opportunities with the company are very good.
21 July 2018
Same role
Teacher (Current Employee) - London, Greater London
Great place to work - fantastic ethos and shared alike with similarly-minded people. Great organisation to join if you are interested in a career progression within education (in your school) or positive social impact. Inspirational teachers in your school placement, strong and experienced mentors to guide you, and aspirational leaders in headquarters too. The most positive workplace culture I have experienced out of a myriad jobs and sectors that I have worked in. Some difficult work-life balance considering the bureaucracy of teaching (planning lessons, marking, extra CPD sessions) and other challenges that come with teaching. However, teaching is deemed as challenging but rewarding for a reason - you definitely get out what you put in to your experience.
Pros
positive social impact, personal and professional development, quick career progression, large networking opportunities
Cons
long hours, low starting rate
6 June 2020
Education Researcher (Former Employee) - North Greenwich
I was first driven to this position due to culture fit and found that they were true to expectation. There was a true work-life balance and the work itself was driven, meaningful, and well-structured.
27 April 2020
Student Partnership Administrator (Former Employee) - Nottingham, Nottinghamshire
I was lucky enough to get to work for Teach First and gain a brief insight into their ethos. I enjoyed my time here immensely and felt like I made a valued contribution which was appreciated.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at TeachFirst. Our community is ready to answer.
4.3