TeachFirst Employee Review

A challenging but important programme.
Teacher of Mathematics (Current Employee) –  Leeds, ENG22 November 2014
The Teach First graduate programme presents a huge challenge for anyone on it, but one that has proven very useful in mine and many other peoples' development.

The programme is structured so that work, study and training happen simultaneously which itself is a challenge, before the context of the workplace and community that you find yourself placed in is accounted for. Working in a school where so many pupils have such complex needs is both emotionally and physically draining.

The sense of personal development is palpable and this has been the most satisfying part of the job. I have learnt a lot about myself, as well as how to relate to people who are from a diverse and different background to anything I have encountered before.

There is ample support available and this is an important part of the programme in terms of sustainability and personal development.
Pros
Different problems and situations every day, and a sense of personal development and growth.
Cons
Challenging and new problems to overcome and an initially overwhelming workload.

Other TeachFirst Employee Reviews

Summer teaching internship
Kimberly School Internship (Former Employee) –  Kimberley, Nottinghamshire18 July 2019
I enjoyed my time during this internship and found it a very rewarding experience.
Pros
Short term internship
Cons
Travel
Produtive and enjoyable experience
Internship Placement (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London24 June 2019
TeachFirst provided opportunites in which work can be completed among with other workers. Wrking as an IT service Desks assistant allowed the ability to support others from the desk and around the building as well which allows great communication amongst other workers and to avoid getting board when working at the same confined space everyday. The job can be difficult in being able to fully provide the correct support towards others immediately without making any mistakes, although it is the mot enjoybale experience once a task that may appear to large is completed within a day.
Pros
air conditioning, bevarages
Cons
Long Hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TeachFirst. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2