TeachFirst Management reviews

Teacher (Former Employee) –  Haringey, Greater London15 May 2018
Great scheme to get a PGCE, challenging though as you are often placed in difficult schools. However, the management/organisation and opportunities with the company are very good.
Great Place To Work
Graduate Recruitment Officer (Former Employee) –  National6 October 2016
Very friendly and welcoming staff
Opp to travel
Good pay
Lots of opps to meet with CEO
Plenty of time to get together as a wider org
Friendly atmosphere
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  London25 May 2016
Super friendly environment to work and excel in.

It management changed hand many time while i was there, which made it difficult to get recognition.

Overall would recommend.
Pros
Focus on working well being
Cons
Multiple away days, non-role specific
Challenging but enjoyable working environment
Maths Teacher (Current Employee) –  Leicester16 June 2015
A typical day at work would include teaching from 8:30 AM to 3:00 PM with a number of responsibilities.My journey on the Teach First programme has provided me with opportunities for development and growth, both in my teaching practice and as a leader. I am committed to both of these aspects of the profession as I believe real change in classrooms can only come about through excellent classroom teaching, strong whole school leadership and community involvement.
The management at school has been incredible at providing advice and support. I am continuously working with other members of staff and co-planning a number of lessons. This is extremely beneficial as it provides a different perspective on educational needs.
The most challenging part of being a teacher working for Teach First is finding a work life balance trying to juggle a full time job as well as completing my PGCE and currently studying a masters degree at the University of Warwick. However, this has taught me great organisational and resilience skills, which are vital to be successful at any career.
The most enjoyable part of teaching at a poor inner-city school is experiencing children's lives being changed continuously. A student personally thanking you for a certain act or deed you have carried out for them is extremely satisfying. These students have been brought up under challenging circumstances and bridging the educational gap that evidently exists in the UK is what drives me on.
Pros
Amazing training and support
Cons
Challenging and stimulating work environment
Secondary School Spanish Teacher (Current Employee) –  Leeds, ENG29 August 2014
On a typical day, I will get to work for 7.30 AM. Having checked my emails, I will print off resources for the first few classes of the morning which typically start at 8.30 AM. At break time I will often be on duty, and I will then teach more classes throughout the day, with the last one finishing at 3 o'clock. On a normal day, I will have meetings with other members of my team or senior management until 5 o'clock, after which I will plan lessons for the next day, mark books, phone parents etc.

Working an inner-city school, I have developed what I feel is an invaluable, and very difficult ability, to motivate students. Furthermore, I now possess excellent teamwork and organizational skills, being able to work with a variety of different stakeholders towards a common goal. I am capable at presenting information clearly and concisely, and have consistently demonstrated a tireless work ethic, with a determination to consistently work at a high standard.

I have excellent relationships with colleagues and support staff, and their help has been invaluable to me throughout what has been at times an extremely challenging year.

The hardest part of the job is undoubtedly motivating inner-city children- some of whom have never left Leeds- and generating within them an interest in Spanish and the culture of Spain. However, at the same time this is also the most enjoyable aspect of the job, as it is highly rewarding to secure progress for these types of pupils.