TeachFirst
TeachFirst Employee Review

teacher

7 September 2017
overall a v good experience but the work life mbalance is not what i was looking for. However, i would higly recommend the programme to anypone interested.
1 September 2015
Same role
Secondary School Teacher of ICT (Former Employee) - Manchester
A prestigious and challenging graduate scheme. The programme places a strong emphasis on communication, team-work, leadership and creativity. Participants receive 6 weeks of intensive training before being placed as a teacher in a challenging urban secondary school. During the scheme they are expected to gain qualified teacher status, network with the scheme's sponsors and affect a marked change in their schools.
29 August 2014
Same role
Secondary School Spanish Teacher (Current Employee) - Leeds, ENG
On a typical day, I will get to work for 7.30 AM. Having checked my emails, I will print off resources for the first few classes of the morning which typically start at 8.30 AM. At break time I will often be on duty, and I will then teach more classes throughout the day, with the last one finishing at 3 o'clock. On a normal day, I will have meetings with other members of my team or senior management until 5 o'clock, after which I will plan lessons for the next day, mark books, phone parents etc.

Working an inner-city school, I have developed what I feel is an invaluable, and very difficult ability, to motivate students. Furthermore, I now possess excellent teamwork and organizational skills, being able to work with a variety of different stakeholders towards a common goal. I am capable at presenting information clearly and concisely, and have consistently demonstrated a tireless work ethic, with a determination to consistently work at a high standard.

I have excellent relationships with colleagues and support staff, and their help has been invaluable to me throughout what has been at times an extremely challenging year.

The hardest part of the job is undoubtedly motivating inner-city children- some of whom have never left Leeds- and generating within them an interest in Spanish and the culture of Spain. However, at the same time this is also the most enjoyable aspect of the job, as it is highly rewarding to secure progress for these types of pupils.
18 August 2020
Same location
Coordinator/Officer (Former Employee) - Bristol/London/home working
I loved working at Teach First, saw how they evolved as an organisation and how they continually wanted to learn and do better for their employees. I only left because of redundancy, but the whole process was managed in a really humane way that has still left me as an advocate for working there.