TeachFirst
TeachFirst Employee Review

N/a

21 July 2018
Great place to work - fantastic ethos and shared alike with similarly-minded people. Great organisation to join if you are interested in a career progression within education (in your school) or positive social impact. Inspirational teachers in your school placement, strong and experienced mentors to guide you, and aspirational leaders in headquarters too. The most positive workplace culture I have experienced out of a myriad jobs and sectors that I have worked in. Some difficult work-life balance considering the bureaucracy of teaching (planning lessons, marking, extra CPD sessions) and other challenges that come with teaching. However, teaching is deemed as challenging but rewarding for a reason - you definitely get out what you put in to your experience.
Pros
positive social impact, personal and professional development, quick career progression, large networking opportunities
Cons
long hours, low starting rate
15 May 2018
Same role
Teacher (Former Employee) - Haringey, Greater London
Great scheme to get a PGCE, challenging though as you are often placed in difficult schools. However, the management/organisation and opportunities with the company are very good.
18 August 2020
Same location
Coordinator/Officer (Former Employee) - Bristol/London/home working
I loved working at Teach First, saw how they evolved as an organisation and how they continually wanted to learn and do better for their employees. I only left because of redundancy, but the whole process was managed in a really humane way that has still left me as an advocate for working there.
17 March 2020
Same location
Talent Acquisition Manager (Former Employee) - London, Greater London
Great place to work. Flexible hours and working arrangements. Passionate colleagues who believe in what they do and the vision of the charity. Leadership has changed since I left.