TeacherActive Pay & Benefits reviews

Good place to work whe there is work avaliable
supply teaching assistant (Former Employee) –  various4 November 2019
not reliable unless you are on placement - no travel allowance granted for long distance jobs. Can end up hours away from home to ensure you have work. Usually the placements are great fun.
Office people are mannered and respectful but the shortage of work is the nightmare.
Cover Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Manchester16 September 2019
Weeks pass without work, BUT we still on the government's records as employed. They need to have a fare fixed wages so we do not have to bargain on it every single day.
Best company I have ever worked for.
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Essex21 February 2019
Deciding on a job in recruitment was a big career change for me and I wasn't 100% it would work out as it was completely different to what I was used to but i absolutely LOVE it.
My manager is extremely supportive and inspiring & the rewards and benefits make working hard/long hours fun and worth while.
Pros
TeacherActive Culture
Cons
Requires long hours to do well
Fantastic colleagues and financial benefits
Recruitment Consultant (Current Employee) –  UK21 February 2019
I have worked at TeacherActive for over 4 years now, I receive a fantastic salary and the people that I work with are second to none! I chose not to go to university, so being in a job where I earn 3-4k a month in commission on top of my salary is remarkable. There are lots of additional perks too including health insurance, free cinema tickets and getting your birthday off work, there are also a number of events each year that are fully paid for by the company.
Like any job in recruitment/sales, it's hard work and can be stressful. However, for somebody that's ambitious and can keep a cool head, the benefits are fantastic!
Pros
Colleagues, progression, salary, benefits
Cons
You will need to work your socks off!
Fantastic Training and Supportive Senior Management
Talent Acquisition Consultant (Current Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire21 February 2019
I have been working at TeacherActive on a full time basis for over 3 years. I started as a trainee with no previous recruitment experience. The support and training has been second to none. The support from senior management is great and they are always available to give advice and added support. We all receive regular 1-1's and constructive objectives to help aid our own professional development.

The office environments in all the branches I have visited have been amazing and everyone is so friendly and willing to help. Different teams always have competitions running, we have a company AGM in the summer. They have also recently introduced Private Health Insurance and a range of other benefits.

Yes the hours in recruitment are long but you have to be prepared to put the hours in if you want to be successful and earn well. Recruitment is a fast paced and at times stressful career, but the rewards and the buzz of being successful makes it all worthwhile.
Pros
Working Environment, Training, and Benefits
Cons
Long Hours
A fun and supportive working environment
Recruitment Consultant (Current Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne25 January 2019
Be prepared to give 10/10 and work hard. Early mornings and late nights are normal. Great place to work with plenty of incentives and company benefits. Dedication, resilience and a cool head is essential however, if you do well and hit/exceed targets, the rewards are great.
good when work is available
Classroom Assistant (Current Employee) –  Derby, Derbyshire4 July 2018
this work is good as you can decide on a working pattern however it is mostly on-call and can't plan work in advance. also, the distance to some schools is too far and expected to travel far distances.
Excellent
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Swansea13 May 2018
Very good consultants. I have constant work.
Consultants are friendly, work is fairly local to my home. Pay rate is good. Constant notifications of work, good correspondence weekly.
Pros
Constant work
Cons
Term time
average
Recruitment Consultant (Former Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire2 August 2017
very long hours, a lot of false promises made, terrible branch management due to interoffice relationships. Money was good as long as you are willing to work hard
Teaching assistant
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Coventry, West Midlands6 May 2017
I was employed for 9 months with TeacherActive, a position was found for me straight away (long term) and it was available to me until I found a permanent contract.
Pros
expenses paid for