TeacherActive Employee Reviews

Could do with keeping it real
Learning Support Worker/ Senior TA (Former Employee) –  Preston13 September 2019
I worked with these guys for 2 years, took forever to get the dbs, then they promise if you work hard you could get a permanent placement! I gave my heart and soul, 6months here&there which dwindled to 9days one month 5days the next with a promise of more work to come, it never did and you can't pay bills or eat on fresh air. They always promise a perm placement but they aren't there!
tgere
Unfortunate experience
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Nottingham City Centre, Nottinghamshire12 June 2019
Teacher Active Nottingham:Derby
Consultants are late teens and early 20s, driven by the money with very rude manager and I hope more employees will step forward and report him.
They call you only for a cover not teaching jobs, sending staff to the worst schools.
Pros
Cons
Rude attitude
An excellent company to work
Supply Maths Teacher (Former Employee) –  London, United Kingdom21 April 2019
The staff that allocate work were pleasant and they are organised. I was working with them on a part time basis which and they made my life very easy by planning shifts that suits my studying.
Great place to build/start your career
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Leicester16 April 2019
I have been working for TeacherActive since January this year. They generally offer shifts a couple/several times a week and if they notice that you are a reliable worker they tend to give you more shifts.
I have had a great experience with a particular school, in which they have requested me back and now currently work with this school through TeacherActive.
Considering my lack of professional paid experience in being a TA when I started at TeacherActive, the pay is something I can't really complain about. And is something that regularly increases with expeirence and training.
Pros
Pay, friendly staff, training
Cons
No guaranteed work (typical agency work)
Best company I have ever worked for.
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Essex21 February 2019
Deciding on a job in recruitment was a big career change for me and I wasn't 100% it would work out as it was completely different to what I was used to but i absolutely LOVE it.
My manager is extremely supportive and inspiring & the rewards and benefits make working hard/long hours fun and worth while.
Pros
TeacherActive Culture
Cons
Requires long hours to do well
Fantastic colleagues and financial benefits
Recruitment Consultant (Current Employee) –  UK21 February 2019
I have worked at TeacherActive for over 4 years now, I receive a fantastic salary and the people that I work with are second to none! I chose not to go to university, so being in a job where I earn 3-4k a month in commission on top of my salary is remarkable. There are lots of additional perks too including health insurance, free cinema tickets and getting your birthday off work, there are also a number of events each year that are fully paid for by the company.
Like any job in recruitment/sales, it's hard work and can be stressful. However, for somebody that's ambitious and can keep a cool head, the benefits are fantastic!
Pros
Colleagues, progression, salary, benefits
Cons
You will need to work your socks off!
Fantastic Training and Supportive Senior Management
Talent Acquisition Consultant (Current Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire21 February 2019
I have been working at TeacherActive on a full time basis for over 3 years. I started as a trainee with no previous recruitment experience. The support and training has been second to none. The support from senior management is great and they are always available to give advice and added support. We all receive regular 1-1's and constructive objectives to help aid our own professional development.

The office environments in all the branches I have visited have been amazing and everyone is so friendly and willing to help. Different teams always have competitions running, we have a company AGM in the summer. They have also recently introduced Private Health Insurance and a range of other benefits.

Yes the hours in recruitment are long but you have to be prepared to put the hours in if you want to be successful and earn well. Recruitment is a fast paced and at times stressful career, but the rewards and the buzz of being successful makes it all worthwhile.
Pros
Working Environment, Training, and Benefits
Cons
Long Hours
Teacher Active changed my life
Senior Consultant (Current Employee) –  East Midlands20 February 2019
Having worked for another agency previously to Teacher Active i honestly do not know how i survived in my previous role. The training throughout my early days as an consultant all the way through to my leadership development has been second to none.
The hunger and desire to be the leading recruitment agency in the industry runs through every office which is something as a leader i am proud to represent.
Recruitment is HARD that is something you have to accept, working 7am until everything is done 5 days a week takes its toll but the Teacher Active incentives for that hard work are more than worth it for those willing to put in the hard graft.
One of the best things about Teacher Active is the recognition it gives its employees for the good work that they do - the annual AGM is brilliant and a great way for all offices to come together and celebrate each others successes!
Pros
Commission
Cons
Long Hours
One of the worst agencies on the Market
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands17 February 2019
According to the TeacherActive Clients is always right.. Candidates do not have any rights, Low wages comparing to other agencies.
rude consultants , false promises like stand by .
Pros
Cons
not enough work
A fun and supportive working environment
Recruitment Consultant (Current Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne25 January 2019
Be prepared to give 10/10 and work hard. Early mornings and late nights are normal. Great place to work with plenty of incentives and company benefits. Dedication, resilience and a cool head is essential however, if you do well and hit/exceed targets, the rewards are great.
Great environment with real progression opportunities.
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire17 January 2019
I joined TeacherActive having worked for a competitor and am so glad I did.

Since being at the company I have received shares in the company, an extra day off for my birthday, private healthcare, numerous champagne Fridays and been to the all expenses paid Christmas do. The office environment and the team are great, although the hours can be long, as in any sales job - the rewards are great.

It's also so encouraging and motivating to be surrounded by branch managers who all started as Trainees, showing progression is definitely available!

It's a great place to be and i'd definitely recommend it.
Pros
great commission structure, progression opportunities, office environment and location, private healthcare, social
Wouldn’t waste your time
Recruitment Consultant (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear7 December 2018
I wouldn’t waste your time working for TeacherActive... either as a consultant or as a teacher. Consultants are overworked & underpaid for the amount of hard work they put into their roles.
They have their favourite teachers & ones they register just for statistical reasons. Seen an advert for a job in a local school? - it’s probably a fake ploy to get your into their office. Please, don’t waste your valuable time!
Pros
Friendly Staff
Cons
Long Hours, Unprofessional Management
Good Company, Well Organised and helpful staff
Classroom Support Assistant/ Teacher Assistant (Current Employee) –  London18 September 2018
Teacher Active is a good organisation to work with. The first impression I had was the politeness, friendliness and professionalism of the staff that gave me the assurance that I will enjoy working with Teacher Active.
Encouraged to set for work everyday with loads of information and follow ups, not left alone to solve problems- good policies and procedures. I've learned to be punctual and show excellent skills in whatever task assigned to me.
Friendly environment, respect, teamwork and open/honest communication which increased the daily productivity. The most difficult of the job is sending you to mainstreams schools that have student who misbehave and difficult to deal with but still I enjoy working with Teacher Active.
Lovely Staff - Really Helpful
Teaching Assistant SEN (Current Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff13 August 2018
Would definitely recommend working for teacher active. They're always happy to help and go out of their way to make your life easier. Totally flexible too which is great for while you're studying.
Quick work, great organisation and work catered to you!
Higher Level Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  East Midlands27 July 2018
Teacher Active are a well organised company that help you get the work you want. They can fit around your life and how you want to work. They listen to you and adapt.
They were slow at sending me a reference.
good when work is available
Classroom Assistant (Current Employee) –  Derby, Derbyshire4 July 2018
this work is good as you can decide on a working pattern however it is mostly on-call and can't plan work in advance. also, the distance to some schools is too far and expected to travel far distances.
Not reliable
Teaching Assistant L2 (Current Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire21 May 2018
Was sent to good schools very happy, to begin with. However, given a daily update to the agency for standby never got calls. It was like the work dried up, feel they have their favorites even though I work hard.
Pros
Do not keep you up to date
Cons
Not enough work
Excellent
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Swansea13 May 2018
Very good consultants. I have constant work.
Consultants are friendly, work is fairly local to my home. Pay rate is good. Constant notifications of work, good correspondence weekly.
Pros
Constant work
Cons
Term time
The people are amazing
Consultant (Former Employee) –  UK4 March 2018
The people we work with are phenomenal. They're an incredible support network. Management however is not great, the company do not care about your safety or wellbeing. If you're being insulted and attacked by candidates (regular occurrence) then apologies are made to them so no bad reviews are left. If you're being attacked by clients (every day occurrence) then that's just the job. Most days are a minimum of 10 hours - you take the work home with you and work weekends as well. There really is no work life balance and there is an incredibly high turn over - if its not working you'll be let go (that's if you haven't had a break down and quit already).
Pros
The people you work with
Cons
You can never do enough - exceed targets and you'll still be criticised for something ridiculous
Productive Employer
Supply Teacher (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands2 January 2018
I receive work almost everyday, especially as a temp you value the work that you get. The information is always clear and precise. The hardest part about the job is that you never quite know what environment you are going into.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TeacherActive. Our community is ready to answer.