TeacherActive

TeacherActive Employee Reviews

United Kingdom49 reviews
The agents are brilliant. They are so positive and friendly. They go out of their way to get you good jobs. They have good relationships with the schools and are trusted. They match you to jobs. Very professional organisation.
Pros
Rewarding work
Cons
Sometimes you're not selected
I always managed to get work and the team were always great if any problems arise also when a school took over my agency contract there was minimal fuss and it was handled so well.

I would love to come back to this agency and would recommend it to anyone.
I have been working with Teacheractive for the past 3 years and l must say they are exceptional in term of dealing with staff, good workplace culture, very polite and friendly team.
Plenty of work in a variety of schools in Derbyshire
Staff really good at allocating shifts that were relevant

Paid on time

Issues resolved quickly

Good company
They have favourites, some get work and others don't get work. They get offended if you work for another agency and refuse to work with that. The manager was rude at times and non understanding. The consultants were lovely but manager was difficult.
I am so glad that I found work with TeacherActive. They have been ideal suppliers of frequent work for me, as much or as little as I want and can do. When I am unavailable, they do not put pressure on me to change my plans - they have always been very supportive and understanding.
Pros
Supportive, attentive, proactive, variety of options
Cons
Not necessarily consistent
Lovely staff and always manage to find work. Staff are professional and very chatty. Feel like they care about you and want to look out for their agency staff
Arriving at selected school, interacting with children through one to one reading.
Lunchtime supervision also after school supervision with play, preparation of food.
Unbelievable company, so well managed, organised and well represented. Great career path.
Only downside is the long hours but to be earning big money you have to work the long hours.

Management are incredibly supportive. So well balanced and an absolute pleasure to work for
Being able to work accross the whole of Liverpool area at lots of lovely schools meant every day I worked was exciting and fun. Brillian for work life balance and plenty of work to be had
Works around your life. They don't pressure you to take a job. They are also really friendly and try really hard to find you work in your area and around your schedule/availability.
Teacher supply agency, amounts of work was variable and the company did not seem to have much knowledge of the schools that thy were working with. No feedback on performance.
good agency to work for, if you work hard then they will give you as much work positions as possible. Hours are vary from week to week. Sometimes you book one week or two week in advance so you can plan something or you getting phone call on the day if there is job available.
If you need any help the company is always happy to help and solve the issues. Highly recommend
Very polite people to work with over the phone. Never ever met my manager face to face. No training ever offered. No mileage allowance so the job wasn't financially viable.
not reliable unless you are on placement - no travel allowance granted for long distance jobs. Can end up hours away from home to ensure you have work. Usually the placements are great fun.
Have received a lot of work from them but it did take a while before I got my first job/daily supply. I havent been able to get a lot of long term supply with them
Love working with this teching company on a day to day basis. Where having any problems consultants are there 100 per cent with excellent communication skills.
As someone who needed a job that was flexible around other priorities, I cannot recommend TeacherActive enough. The Birmingham division has not only kept me busier than I expected, gratefully, sending me to a variety of great schools, but it has also been completely understanding when there have been occasions where I couldn't. They are a very hard working and personable team, who strive to find as much work as conveniently possible for you, as well as checking in to make sure it's all going okay. This job has not only improved my teaching skills, but I feel completely supported in the job that I do.
Weeks pass without work, BUT we still on the government's records as employed. They need to have a fare fixed wages so we do not have to bargain on it every single day.
I worked with these guys for 2 years, took forever to get the dbs, then they promise if you work hard you could get a permanent placement! I gave my heart and soul, 6months here&there which dwindled to 9days one month 5days the next with a promise of more work to come, it never did and you can't pay bills or eat on fresh air. They always promise a perm placement but they aren't there!
tgere
Teacher Active Nottingham:Derby
Consultants are late teens and early 20s, driven by the money with very rude manager and I hope more employees will step forward and report him.

They call you only for a cover not teaching jobs, sending staff to the worst schools.
Pros
Cons
Rude attitude
Ask a question about working or interviewing at TeacherActive. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9