TC Facilities Management

TC Facilities Management Work-life balance reviews

United Kingdom233 reviews
Cleaning Operative - TCFM -Tesco DC Livingston - Back-Shift - 2pm until 10pm Wednesday to Sunday with Monday & Tuesday Off@ £8.21 per hour - 30 minute break - 28 days annual leave - Auto Enrolled into The People's Pension and Employee Portal for Wage Slips and Benefits.

I have an Area Manager and Supervisor who are both Helpful, Supportive & Understanding. Like any workplace or Employer, things are not always perfect but i find discussing matters in a diplomatic way normally resolves any contentious issues and Trade Union Membership is available although I prefer to stand on my own 2 feet and try to resolve things in a diplomatic way.

Fast Paced and Busy but once you find your feet the job is actually okay and I enjoy this role. I am a Member of The Back Shift Team and They Are a Good Team.
The Hardest Part of the Job is when you have to be in more than 1 place at the same time which is Scientifically Impossible so 1 task at a time and you do get there I find, most enjoyable part of the job is once you have found your feet it's a good feeling to have cracked the challenging role that it can be at times and the fact that there is a Good Team helps.

I have learned not to Stress Out so much and remain Calm and Focused and the job then get's done okay, although to a newcomer it would be stressful initially. The Back Shift Supervisor is a Brilliant Lady and commands things well. Very Helpful, Understanding & Supportive Lady.
I have worked for TC since Jan 2019 based in a Tesco express store and up to now never had a issue with TC. It is early starts but early finishes so you still have the whole day for other things.
Pros
early finishes, paid every 2 weeks
Cons
Please stay away from them, you will not get paid the right money, worked 6 days only got paid for 2 days, site manager and team leader they never seem to talk with each other, site manager ask me to work from 3am to 6 am team leader think I should work from 4 am to 11am one Saturday My day off call me to ask Why I’m not at work,!!
Pros
Non stay away
Cons
Stay away
Management speak to you like your nothing, they have no understanding of problems that may accure in life! Always issues with wages, never paid the correct amount, and have to wait ages for the correct amput to be paid, that's if you get it at all.
Working for a very large retail warehouse in the Chesterfield area.

Permanent night shift, 4 ten and a half hour shifts, then 4 nights off, so work / home balance was good.

Work was pretty basic cleaning. Very limited training given, but very easy to learn. There were never enough people to cover all the tasks that needed to be done over the shift, so need to adapt , communicate and improvise was the key to success.

Work mates were great, work could be fun, not too demanding, but ultimately management were never satisfied.

Manager was very hard to get in touch with. Area manager could be contacted by e-mail, and was usually the safest and quickest means of communication.

Overall, not a bad environment to work in. Fairly relaxed and relatively easy going. Just make sure that you get all your tasks done.
Pros
Free Coffee/ Tea, Good Team. 4 nights off.
Cons
Long hours, Working weekends, Management.
It was a good job, mornings were fast paced with a lot to do in a small time frame, although it was simple jobs just a lot of them. but a good friendly team.
The housekeeper side varied by day some days were crazy others were relatively slow again simple work.
Colleagues never explained anything clearly due to their lack of English and were rude to me no matter how hard I worked. Always finding ways to moan at me like missing a small spot of dirt or not closing the toilet lids after cleaning them.

No matter how quickly and efficiently you work your always get told your slow and don't do things correctly even though you do.

Don't work here that's all I will say.
always happy to work for them again I do love them good peoples all over including management ........................................................
Early start and early finish.
Learned aspects of cleaning.

Good management.

Working alone mainly.

Maintaining a good pace is hardest part of job.

Finishing early is most enjoyable part of the job.
When I started with then in January 2017, I was pretty much just left to it (ism) paperwork i had to call control room for, my area manager taught me how to do an audit then left me to it. I live in an area where people dont want to work, so up until 3 weeks before I gave birth I was dismantling ovens as no one really wanted to do anything. 9 quid an hour for an ism position, and yes you'll have to work for free because they scalp your hours and give them to bigger morrisons stores.
Pros
2 weekly pay
Cons
Long hours, no pay, lazy staff, over worked, no care for well being
Health and Safety isusse,
pour pay

unhappy work force
always running out of products
do not take your ideas on board

dont listen

pour management

no guildence
Pros
uniform
Always check your wages
Any problems get intouch with your manager always keep a record of your conversation as they say one thing then do nothing or change it.

Working for this company you need to be hard working as you will never stop from the time you walk in your work place to the time you finish if your lucky to finish on time as there always wanting you to stay but not get paid
Keep your own record of your hours you work..
Cons
Really badly run company. Forever having issues with staff wages, regardless of how accurate you submitted them to the area manager resulting in underpaid staff. Poor wage for the amount of work that gets done day in day out, as well as admin work for ISMs. Was on call 24/7 for sickness calls.
Pros
Met loads of new people.
Cons
Long hours. Poor pay rate. On call 24/7. No life
Worked wit a great team,always ad plenty of cleanin equipment an tools 2 do our jobs ,any problems in the work place were dealt with quickly and affectively,management were always easy 2 reach an helpful ,wages were always on time and mostly correct ,only proplem if not correct u wud Ave 2 wait til the next month 2 receve,then we got reduced hours an was given up 2 3 months notice depending on how long u Ave worked 4 the company,and then we got a new area manager an a lot changed ,u cud no longer get hold of manager 2 sort any probless an the cleanin order got less an did,nt arrive as often, an i got put on a split shift not 2 loose more hours .
Pros
Cons
Split shifts
Good opportunities, good people around, chances provided by the management team can take you to different sites and then connect you to new people. Fun and pleasant work place.
Pros
Strong management
Cons
Working on weekends
I like working with this company.
we are friends and we all work together
the manger is very careful with the employees.
This is very important to us.
I worked for the company for 12 months and the work life balance wasn't really that good, I was also doing double shifts to cover my staff's holidays.
Pros
Very Greedy company, no proper training given, no extra pay on bank holidays, No Christmas card at xmas. very stingy with suppyling ppe and low wages.

Worked for this company for 4months and they must have sacked 7 to 11 people in that time. they even sacked a fella 4 days before christmas

if your a man they expected to be a gent and do all the backbreaking work while the lady get it easier. unfair company
Pros
getting the job at first
Cons
physically demanding Labour, long hours, low paid, no ppe, gunho regards to sacking people, not listen to the real workers
Be a good team work,hard work and on time is my responsibility.i would give and do all of my best to help any company or people that i work with to achieve on good level.
5 months worked at flintshire store
audits every week and was only paid twice for the over time done

amount of work they want u to do in 1 and 3/4 hours beggers belief !!

would never put a friends name forward to work here

tesco staff at the flinthsire store were great

as for the fc cleaning company a big thumbs down
Pros
teso staff great
Cons
everything u can think of !!!!
I worked as a ism cleaning manager for this awful company.was forced to put extra work onto already overworked cleaning staff.expected to do five hours work in three.home work life for a ism is nothing. Had a area manager who would try to make you out to be a liar in front of a shop manager..recrutment for staff zero. Asked for cover you never get it. Work you into the ground.
Pros
Cons
No personal life .forced to put extra work on over worked staff