TC Facilities Management

TC Facilities Management Employee Reviews for Cleaner

Cleaner165 reviews
United Kingdom165 reviews
Asked for cleaning order then waited for months for one to arrive.

Not spoke to nicely by area managers.

Area managers not quick to respond to messages or send order out.

Pros
Cons
Area managers
Working for a very large retail warehouse in the Chesterfield area.

Permanent night shift, 4 ten and a half hour shifts, then 4 nights off, so work / home balance was good.

Work was pretty basic cleaning. Very limited training given, but very easy to learn. There were never enough people to cover all the tasks that needed to be done over the shift, so need to adapt , communicate and improvise was the key to success.

Work mates were great, work could be fun, not too demanding, but ultimately management were never satisfied.

Manager was very hard to get in touch with. Area manager could be contacted by e-mail, and was usually the safest and quickest means of communication.

Overall, not a bad environment to work in. Fairly relaxed and relatively easy going. Just make sure that you get all your tasks done.
Pros
Free Coffee/ Tea, Good Team. 4 nights off.
Cons
Long hours, Working weekends, Management.
Relaxed and friendly interview with management. Informed them of my pre-booked holiday for the year which was booked over a year before working with the company. Got informed it would be fine, but management didn't follow the rules meaning. Had to work on the day I was meant to go away. Very unhappy. Work is simple and routine.
Not a good company to work for, you go to them with problems and the manager just don't care. Sometimes it was just like working with kids in a playground.
Cleaning Operative - TCFM -Tesco DC Livingston - Back-Shift - 2pm until 10pm Wednesday to Sunday with Monday & Tuesday Off@ £8.21 per hour - 30 minute break - 28 days annual leave - Auto Enrolled into The People's Pension and Employee Portal for Wage Slips and Benefits.

I have an Area Manager and Supervisor who are both Helpful, Supportive & Understanding. Like any workplace or Employer, things are not always perfect but i find discussing matters in a diplomatic way normally resolves any contentious issues and Trade Union Membership is available although I prefer to stand on my own 2 feet and try to resolve things in a diplomatic way.

Fast Paced and Busy but once you find your feet the job is actually okay and I enjoy this role. I am a Member of The Back Shift Team and They Are a Good Team. The Hardest Part of the Job is when you have to be in more than 1 place at the same time which is Scientifically Impossible so 1 task at a time and you do get there I find, most enjoyable part of the job is once you have found your feet it's a good feeling to have cracked the challenging role that it can be at times and the fact that there is a Good Team helps.

I have learned not to Stress Out so much and remain Calm and Focused and the job then get's done okay, although to a newcomer it would be stressful initially. The Back Shift Supervisor is a Brilliant Lady and commands things well. Very Helpful, Understanding & Supportive Lady.
You never get stock to do your work the company always blams work force for bad audits even though they know you have no stock never paid right never paid for your fuel if you are sent to many places while management ride around in company vehicles.
Cleaning of sofas using a professional cleaning machine and using cloths and leather cleaner to clean leather sofas.Good company to work for and the finished product is satisfying.
Awful place to work. Purchased own uniform to start. Purchased own cleaning materials which were thrown away as those supplied are inadequate. No training or guidance just occasional telling off. Work colleagues don’t talk to you and Tesco staff treat you like scum.
I loved working for them I found the company excellent also the management was excellent, also trained to use the floor machines just sorry they lost there contact.
Hi do not work for this company they are as they lied about me when I worked for them which they said I did stuff and I did not do so resigned because it made me ill avoid working for them they were are not helping me at all
It was a good job, mornings were fast paced with a lot to do in a small time frame, although it was simple jobs just a lot of them. but a good friendly team.
The housekeeper side varied by day some days were crazy others were relatively slow again simple work.
Absolutely hated it here! Managers and supervisors were very unprofessional and unhelpful. All they did was moan and boss everyone around rather than helping and being apart of a team. They have no respect for anybody and think they are the bees knees! Hardly any of the employees speak English so they get away with murder. You have too much to do as an individual person and very unstaffed so constant pressure. Wouldn’t recommend to anyone!
I would not recommend working for this company the facilities manager and supervisors know nothing about the job and not got a clue how to treat staff the female supervisor rides on the back of hard working employees she has not got a clue about the job and constantly puts staff down and intimidates them in front of everyone and you can only have holidays when it suits them you don't have a choice of when you want to go not a nice person my advice stay away from this job so glad I left and found a proper job elsewhere now appreciated for my efforts something you wont get a tcfm
Good place to work, management have a firm structure and know their jobs well. They will get involved where needed. The problem lies with the companies customer, Tesco. Constant demands, unrealistic expectations.
Pros
Left alone, get help when needed
Cons
Customer is constantly demanding things be done. Often on a whim.
Colleagues never explained anything clearly due to their lack of English and were rude to me no matter how hard I worked. Always finding ways to moan at me like missing a small spot of dirt or not closing the toilet lids after cleaning them.

No matter how quickly and efficiently you work your always get told your slow and don't do things correctly even though you do.

Don't work here that's all I will say.
always happy to work for them again I do love them good peoples all over including management ........................................................
Friendly, polite enjoyed working everyday and taking cover doing overtime when needed,liked working with the manager and helping her out on several occasions got on really well ,just that payday was always incorrect,enjoyed learning new skills and courses,getting to no people and customers and helping everyone.
Is a good place to work,friendly and they have good management.I work here from 2 years and i have a good experience here whitin this time.I recomand this company
In August I had a break down at work I was told in September I had to come back if did not I was lose my job and I gave a sick note from doctor wrote on my sick note no more than 12 hours I did more not one phone call to see how I was getting on what a joke
The management made every effort to ensure that staff were happy with their tasks as they varied from time to time. Very approachable and exceptional at using initiative in the best interest of their staff.
I was told I didn't get the job because I couldn't do more hours than was advertised.
Then I had a phone call a week later offering me the job because the person let them down.

The trainings was minimal and I was shown how to 'cut corners' by the manager.

On the second day a was told to start at 5am I couldn't get into the building and then the manager text me about 5.15 to tell me actually I forgot to say we dont start until 6am today.

He the never turned up.

And most days he was never to be seen and when he was there he was very rude and unhelpful. Be little the staff.