TC Facilities Management Employee Reviews

Abysmal place to work
Former cleaner (Former Employee) –  Eastbourne Morrisons20 March 2019
Absolutely awful to work for in Eastbourne Morrisons.
Never enough supplies to work with,waiting up to 4 weeks for mopheads. Using toilet.mopheads to clean shop floor and prep areas. Never enough toilet rolls,or cleaning liquid. Floor machine always breaking down.in store manager absolutely incompetent, never gets back to you when you need him to, totally unresponsive and hardly ever seen.asks you to cover with hardly any notice and total lack of support. No management skills whatsoever. Minimum wage for a lot of hassle.would never recommend anyone to work here.
Pros
No pros
Cons
Not enough hours, low staff morale, poor wages for the work we do, lack of support and supplies.
Great
Cleaning Operative (Current Employee) –  Chorley19 March 2019
It was a great place to work for. If I had a problem I'll speak to my manager about it and got it sorted. Also gives advise on what was right and wrong. Must be careful as they do checks on how good is your cleaning and being watched as well
Pros
Free stuff from canteen and staff are friendly
Cons
Being check for your cleaning is and being watched
lazy
Cleaner (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Wisbech, Cambridgeshire18 March 2019
well I worked for this company for 5 months then after my 4th manager I was told on my 5 month my 3 month review was ready then they failed me for no good reason so avoid this company at all costs!!! BE WARNED !!!
Pros
cv gap
Cons
everythink
Fun workplace
Cleaner (part-time) (Current Employee) –  Bradford12 March 2019
This is a very calm and good work place, I greet customers every morning with a friendly attitude, I learned to use machinery I enjoy greeting the customers, the hardest part is when the staff have cages on the shop floor when you need to clean and you can’t get in that place
Pros
Cons
2 hours
Former instore cleaning manager
Cleaning Manager (Former Employee) –  Swansea3 March 2019
Really badly run company. Forever having issues with staff wages, regardless of how accurate you submitted them to the area manager resulting in underpaid staff. Poor wage for the amount of work that gets done day in day out, as well as admin work for ISMs. Was on call 24/7 for sickness calls.
Pros
Met loads of new people.
Cons
Long hours. Poor pay rate. On call 24/7. No life
poor company with a bad client Tesco
ISM (Former Employee) –  St. Neots Eynesbury3 March 2019
Area manager would accept all the clients criticism even tho it was the clients lazy staff not all but most, the Tesco night shift staff would leave plastic and cardboard under shelves so every morning the cleaners would spend 2 hours cleaning under them before starting the floors , the area manager would employ cleaners who couldn't iron their. clothes or polish their shoes and she would be surprised when then couldn't clean or turn up for work, you have to be responsible for your store plus an express and any other store in the area 50 mile that needs help, the clients compliance manager was lazy and useless would always complain about the same things generally things what wouldn't be a problem if Tesco management made sure their staff understood clean as you go means do it yourself not leave it to the cleaners, Avoid at all costs
Pros
Cons
split shifts days mornings nights weekends
Don’t waste your time with this company
In Store Cleaning Manager (Former Employee) –  Cromer19 February 2019
I have been an ISM for two stores
They didn’t pay me the last few weeks that I worked for.
The managers are too thick and to be honest lazy don’t how this people are managers they couldn’t even talk properly.im sick of this company ...
Don’t waste your time to apply stay away
The teams that I had were so lazy,can’t be bother to go to work but expected me to pay them
I’m glad I left this .....company
HR are good but they don’t know what’s happening with all the people (cleaners,housekeepers and ISM)
Hours are bad,money isn’t good at all
Cons
Bad management poor pay do not bother applying
Cleaner/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  West Yorkshire17 February 2019
1.never keep on top of cleaning supplies if you run out that's it you will have to wait a few weeks.
2. treat their staff like rubbish and underpaid that if you get paid
3. Managers are useless
4.don't always pay you your correct wages
5. Payroll doesn't abide by the statutory rights of workers, holiday pay is wrong also the number of holidays you get a year they don't do half days so if you work 4 days a week you only get 21 days holiday a year not the 21/ half by law
and it is hard to get, sickness benefit equally so.
Pros
non
Cons
treat their staff like rubbish
Avoid this company
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London13 February 2019
No matter how desperate you are for a job, or how annoyed you may be at your current job, this is a company you’re better off not working for. Every two weeks the pay is wrong, or money has been deducted from your wages for no reason, or you haven't been paid at all. This is a bad company, and if you don't want to be bullied by the manager stay clear of this company. You have been warned!
Pros
Cons
Awful company, Problem to get your wage
Eye-opening experience no interest in safety, cleaning, regulations or staff.
Ism (Former Employee) –  Yorkshire and Humberside11 February 2019
TCFM will allow you to work without any induction, ppe, uniform or payroll number. That's quite the norm, your then supposed to "clean" unspecified areas with little or no cleaning equipment at all. Examples include departments with no mops or buckets, dirty brushes with excessive build-ups of grime. Budget cutting is welcomed above basic hygiene. Cosh training, they don't bother with any of that. Safety isn't regarded highly either they allow operatives to use heavy floor scrubber driers wearing own footwear, witnessed ops wearing soft pumps. Payroll don't abide by statuory rights of workers, holiday pay is hard to get, sickness benefit equally so. If you have problems with pay they are obtuse.
Toxic stay well clear
cleaning support (Former Employee) –  North West11 February 2019
The management are just plain rude they expect you to work 12-14 hours a day yet will only pay you for 8 when you challenge them on it they are not interested and will put the phone down on you
If you have a family and take a job here you will not see them very much I can assure you.
Pros
Cons
everything
Avoid like the plague
Cleaner (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Lancashire1 February 2019
Managers are useless waited 3 months to get paid 30 hours and repeatedly told it would be on next months wage but for 2 months it wasn't. Decided it was acceptable to cut hours and increase work load which was not possible. If tcfm take over a cleaning contract at your place of work start looking for an other job unless you like being messed around. I have since left tcfm and suggest you do the same.
Pros
Not one
Cons
Think of a con you will probably encounter it working for these
Terrible
Cleaning Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cromer, Norfolk3 January 2019
Worked for tcfm for about five months in the Cromer Morrisons store,started off as a cleaner became cleaning supervisor.wages were always wrong management was absolutely non existent.
Terrible.
Former cleaner. (Former Employee) –  Rushden, Northamptonshire17 December 2018
Awful and dodgy company to work for. Management for this area have no idea what they are doing. They are bullies and are intimidated by people who know this about them. They will go to extreme lengths to push you out and get you sacked if you are a person who is not afraid to go above them to sort issues out. Unfortunately the management above them care as much as the managers for this site do. This is such a shame as the site they work on is a lovely place to work in. They also do not follow GDPR. And they will tell you what you want to hear to you come in and work.
Cons
They are a con.
Not worth working for
Cleaner (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Dartford, Kent6 December 2018
always changing your supervisor
always changing your hours of work
don't always pay you your correct wages
late with supplies
different supervisors want you to clean it in a different to how you have been doing for maybe years
The only thing that is a pain is that they don't talk to you or let you know how you are doing.
they call you during your booked holidays to do a cover clean then tell you that you are not good enough to the company anymore and get rid of you
the other thing about this company is that they dont like to employ people that speak proper english at all only people that dont
Pros
working alone
Cons
changing the supervisors too often
Good Workplace
Admin Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tadworth, Surrey, UK3 December 2018
It is a hardworking company always aspiring for new contracts. the colleagues there are always trying their best and are always looking to help others.
Dont eork here
Instore cleaning manager (Former Employee) –  Maldon29 November 2018
As an instore cleaning manager l was told from head office any issures with non payments of wages or wrong pay to give staff the run around in the hope theyed give up trying.or lose my own job.also sharing of personal details left on site and openly slagging off cleaning staff to myself.since lve left over a yr ago friends are still having issures with wrong pay two of whom working at morrisons store in maldon are owed 1000s in unpaid wages.stay well clear read reviews before working here.former instore cleaning manager who left after being on sick leave for six wks.
Bad management
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Saxmundham, Suffolk26 November 2018
I had a dispute with ISM. Apparently, I was standoffish but I was always polite and friendly. She called in area management. (way over the top) I resigned but withdrew notice the following day. The day after that I was escorted off premises. She and a friend concocted a story that I turned up drunk and stole alcohol and drunk it on the premises. I never got a chance to protest my innocence and senior TCFM management refused to meet me.

If your in-store manager takes a dislike to you, then senior management will back them up regardless.

Apart from horrific management a fun place to work.

In all fairness, I'd say that my treatment was a one-off. I have never heard of an ISM ever contacting senior management because an underling was "Standoffish". I can't see that happening elsewhere. But if you do have a dispute with your ISM then you're on your own.
Pros
Good work mates. Fun to work with.
Cons
Childish management.
Rubbish
Cleaner Operative (Current Employee) –  Derbyshire30 October 2018
They never keep on top of cleaning supplies needed so your left with nothing owes me over 300 quid in wages my shifts have been changed 4 times over 4 months so can’t plan life around it don’t work with them in my opinion
Pros
Manager trying to help
Cons
No pay poor management
Good company to work for
Cleaning Operative (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands15 October 2018
Since have been working for TC never had a
problem with my wages and for months I haven't seen my manger so it could be who manager anyone who have a wages problems all I can say for myself they are a good company in my eyes

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TC Facilities Management. Our community is ready to answer.

2.3