Taylor Wimpey

Taylor Wimpey Employee Reviews

United Kingdom78 reviews
TW really do keep it to the bone. They run a minimalist shop of IT staff to support a billion pound company. If there were ever an investigation into Security and GDPR they would nor fair well. The teams are excellent. They cover multiple roles to cater for the lack of resource. If one is ill, the task do pile up. The lean team structure is purported to be by design however it is clear this is purely because the IT director is too fearful of requesting appropriate finance from the CEO.
Pros
Daily variation. Great people in the IT teams and sales teams with exceptional diligence.
Cons
Resource cut at the slightest wince from finance.
Great management. No problems whatsoever.Day to day I had a job schedule so I knew what to do. Was friendly staff around. I was treated as a valuable member of the team and it was a shame I had to leave the site. I was working through the recruitment agency and because of Coronavirus new procedures, I was not allowed to work on site as the agency worker.
Build team can’t build a good house or keep to a build program. Sales sell you a dream. Sales process delivers a nightmare. Don’t work here or buy from TW unless you can cope with stress to breaking point. Shame as there are some really lovely people at head office.
Pros
Pension
Cons
Too many to list
Varied work no day the same, dealing with potential customers, viewings, giving on going customers build updates discussing build delays, managing expectations. Sales progression, key hand overs reading meters. The most enjoyable part of the job is building and maintaining customer relationships. Hardest part of the job, trying to get contracts exchanged at the busiest time of the year.
Pros
Travelling expenses
Cons
Working every weekend and every Bank Holiday
I worked for a principle contractor building a Tesco superstore (shell & core), three low rise blocks of HA and a high rise block of private apartments. Unfortunately the PC went into administration and TW asked the site team to stay and finish it (another two years work). I gladly did and thoroughly enjoyed it. I was treated well and looked after and look back at my time there with fondness. I met some great people and saw the job completed which not all the site team did.
Taylor-Wimpey operate a team of managers that know everything despite the fact that they are too young to shave, live with their parents, still pooh yellow and need time off to go to school. The face fit means you stay and work standard is no issue. Mates can do anything. Good tradesmen who dont fit in have to listen to nineteen year olds finding fault.
excellent company to work for, fairly treated and well looked after good company benefits as well.
everything on every site is well managed and organised
Rubbish , they were unfair with wages and also didn't appreciate any work that I did for them , the management was very poor , I wouldn't recommend this company to work for .
My review on Taylor wimpey is that it’s a good working place we’re you could have the opportunity to meet new people and make new friends And get to learn the bricklaying trade!😊
Just the way I like it! Focused with laser precision and just as much energy, is the daily routine!
Supportive team, ranging from my colleagues on site to management level.

Though been with the company for under 2 months, I hope it continues this way....
Lack of systems training to enable competency to perform daily role; lack of procedures training to understand role. Lack of leadership direction and communication between departments/teams. Very long hours and unreasonable demands made by management
Was decent area to work in, the people were friendly and management was some what organised. There wasnt a day where it was slow, there was always something to do if it was moving materials, or keeping the plots clean. You will always find something productive to do
An extremely difficult place to work, huge volumes of customers with no staff to assist them. Team work is enforced but not achieved as the workload is too unbearable. A shame because the staff, office & benefits are great at Taylor Wimpey - but the wage is poor for what you have to endure here
Expected to get in earlier than your scheduled hours as Managers in early. Management always watching staff and every move. Always felt pressured, and if you have to work late because of the volume of work they think your not up to the job. The only enjoyable moment at work was knowing your get a wage each month to pay your bills and colleagues friendly and we were able to share our problems with the Company.
good working hours, salary, good benefits, apprenticeship, private health care, good location to home, supportive and with good mentoring mon-friday, 8-4
I worked here as part of my work experience, the people were great and the atmosphere is very friendly, everyone informed me of what I needed to do and I found making friends here very easy. Overall, I loved it here and would recommend this to anyone interested in this field of jobs.
Quick response helpful staff.
So far has been a really good experience with Taylor Wimpey. No sales pressure and really helpful staff .........................
I learnt most of my skills at TW as it was near to my first step into the industry, and I am grateful for that.
The people were great, work was enjoyable, but perhaps not as organised as a business or with customer care as my Bloor experience.
Not working here again training none
Didn't give me a chance just let me go with out saying anything

Didnt like me coz I've had places to go to my appointments
Work hard, learn you management skills ,problem solved and be smart dressed with uniform provided. Smile at contractors and sales staff as well with your colleagues
Ive been in my job at TW for almost 2 years and its been a great place to work, it can be stressful at times but everyone pulls together to get the job done and the work place benefits package is excellent