TaxAssist Accountants Employee Reviews

Overworked, underpaid
Bookkeeper/Accountant (Current Employee) –  Chelmsford8 May 2018
Great for someone breaking into accountancy as the learning curve is very steep so you can gain a lot of experience quickly. The downside is that you are expected to hit the ground running and with the office being so busy, there is no opportunity for on the job training, you literally are flying by the seat of your pants!
Pros
Opportunity to learn quickly
Cons
Low wages, poor pension scheme
Good for access in industry for students
Assistant Accountant (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London19 December 2017
A typical day would include me opening office, preparing brief for staff highlighting any upcoming changes along with daily workload. Major tasks include Sourcing documents and preparing VAT returns, annual accounts and Ct600s and self-assesments.
Not bad
AAT Apprentice (Former Employee) –  London Bridge Station, Greater London11 September 2017
As a franchise it is hard to review properly but at the time they was ok as they paid for my studies and where decent people to work with just very long hours during winter.
N/a
Apprentice Accountant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London19 June 2017
It was a good place to work and start your career. I learnt the foundations of working in an actual practice. I learnt how to do VAT Returns, Year End Accounts, Calculate Corporation Tax, plus many others.
What I Learned
Accounts Assistant (Current Employee) –  Watford28 March 2017
I have learnt a lot from TaxAssist Accountants, they taught me very useful skills to become an accountant and I very much feel like i have benefited from this workplace.
Flexible place to work
Administrative/Accounts Assistant (Former Employee) –  Uxbridge21 November 2016
As a mum returning to work I had the opportunity to join TaxAssist Uxbridge as part timer with flexible hours and with the option to work from home when required
Good communication between the team. Learnt to use difference software and with opportunities to attend courses to help you to improve your skills.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
No carrer progression
Fun & Productive place to work
Accounts Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dewsbury30 August 2016
Fully enjoyed my work placement here, learned a verity of skills here including communication skills, time keeping & how to deal with working under pressure.
Pros
friendly environment, time flew
Cons
public transport (acquired a licence now)
A small office environment which was quite frustrating
Apprentice Accountant (Current Employee) –  London2 March 2016
A typical day at work involved data entry and an odd VAT return here and there. There was no type of training offered, although my employer was friendly i just felt like a paper pusher. There were no possible advancements available in the firm so i didn't feel like i was going anywhere with my career. After the first few months i was no longer being exposed to anything new.
Pros
lots of free time
Cons
tedious hours
Fantastic small business
Payroll Manager and Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Aldershot, ENG16 October 2015
TaxAssist is a small accountancy firm in Aldershot. I had a variety of roles including PA to the Managing Director, Receptionist, Accounts Assistant and more predominantly; Payroll Manager.

Every day was different, with clients frequently coming into the office to discuss and problems or queries.

I learned a great deal about office management and being able to work under pressure as we were only a team of four with a huge work load.

The hardest part of the job was being able to work under pressure and putting in extra hours when deadlines needed meeting.

The best part of the job was the fantastic clients and fabulous co-workers.
Pros
Variety of work
Cons
Irregularity of hours
Cleaner
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Shrewsbury31 July 2015
Part time job I had whilst at college, the pay was good and the work was routine, ideal for building up money for university
Daily Routine
Jnr Accountant (Perm) (Current Employee) –  West Sussex21 October 2014
I am currently working as a Junior Accountant while studying my ACCA. I hold a BA Hons in Accounting and have completed 9 ACCA papers.

My responsibilities at my current position are:

Year End Accounts
Self Assessment for businesses starting up
Audit checks for Limited companies
VT+ Transactions For Bookkeeping
Microsoft Package E.g Excel, Word
Outlook - Email management
Personal Tax Accountants
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Lack of work at times
Friendly Place to Work
Accounts Apprentice/Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Darlington, ENG24 February 2014
Typical Week:

• Bookkeeping/Ledger Control (on a daily basis for around 300 clients)
• Submitting Tax & VAT Returns (on a quarterly/annual basis for around 500 clients) (Also handling TAX/VAT investigations when needed)
• Submitting Sole Trader, Partnership & Ltd Company Accounts
• Tax & Business Management Advice (to new & existing clients)
• Arranging & Partaking in Client Meetings (going through Accounts/Tax Returns/VAT Returns/Corp Tax with clients, to explain the figures)
• General Administrative Duties (Paper Filing/Computer Filing/Daily Post/Office Supplies/Telephones)
• Upkeep of Company Computer Systems (Due to prior knowledge) (including Software Updates/Virus Control/Security Control/Hardware Repairs)
• General Everyday Running of the Office (Dealing with Clients/Opening & Closing Office)

Achievements:

• Creation of an Advanced Excel Spreadsheet for Accounts Preparation which is now used by all employees at the Company and also sold to Clients which can be directly imported to CCH ProSystem Software.
• Successfully Completed my Full CCH ProSystem Software Training.
• Successfully Completed my Full IRIS Payroll Software Training.
• Successfully Completed my Full SAGE Software Training.
Fast paced accountancy practice
Accounts Assistant (Former Employee) –  Huddersfield17 November 2013
Good management, friendly atmosphere and supportive to personal growth.
Pros
Good job
Very helpful environment
Assistant accountant (Current Employee) –  London, ENG11 October 2013
Preparation of Accounts for Self employed and assisting with senior staff.
Pros
Friendly and Flexible
Productive workplace
Owner/Franchisee (Current Employee) –  Brighton21 August 2013
I am a franchisee. I employ an Accountant and focus on the marketing of the business.
Good office layout and general environment
Accountant (Former Employee) –  London18 June 2013
• Importance of knowing your clients and colleagues
• Enjoy having autonomy (well, to a certain degree) in the work/portfolio of clients