TaxAssist Accountants

TaxAssist Accountants Employee Reviews

United Kingdom57 reviews
Relaxed collaborative
Family type environment

all rounder thus excellent for learning
Pros
relaxed working environment
Cons
not well paid
If you're looking for an actual career - dont join
Not an exceedingly brilliant situation. What ive found is that tax assist is only a good firm to work for if youre either; starting a career in accounts ie an apprentice or career change, just come off maternity leave, or are looking for part time work to pass the time. I started out as an apprentice, everything was great. However, id been there 3 years and was still being paid the very minimum he was allowed to legally pay me. Also, there is zero career progression.
Pros
Lots of head-office support
Cons
Low paid and no career progression at all
Poor company
Given the work of admin, accountant and supervisor but for pay way less than your peers at other firms in the industry. No clear progression and transparency from management, job security seems to always be in limbo which hurts your morale. Not a good place longterm or for starting your career, try elsewhere.
Tax Assist North Wales
I worked for tax assist for less than 1 year. To begin with I really enjoyed the position, but that quickly changed. The work was varied ranging from tax returns, vat, paye, admin and accounts, this was enjoyable to begin with until that changed and you ended up doing more of a receptionist role than accountancy based
Training was promised from the outset, but this was never given. I resorted to coming in early or staying late as that seemed to be the only way you could get answers to your questions. When anyone asked for help the response was that he was always too busy even if a client was sat infront if you. I was put in an office on my own within the first few weeks. With this being my first job in this area I had very little to no experience but had to hold meetings with clients instantly on my own.

When you were placed in an office with other people including the director the atmosphere was awful. You were not allowed to talk even if that was asking others for help or job related conversations. The phone would constantly ring for the director but he would always be ‘too busy to answer’ so you would have to fob the client off with some sort of excuse.

There was an expectation to stay late most days even though you weren’t getting paid for!

Huge turnover of staff, and from my experience most of these left because of the place and the people not because of the job they were required to do.
Loved the job until last boss
Busy office very pleasant staff downstsairs.
Downside only 1 parking space.

Lots of deadlines to meet obviously for an accountants office and now making tax digital
Accountant
Enjoyed my experience had to leave due to personal circumstances. staff are friendly and learnt a lot during my time there. Overall great experience and sad I do not still work there.
TaxAssist North Wales
Great fast-paced placed to work. I learned a lot here very quickly and you are expected to be able to work independently after the training period but you do get rewarded for it. I had many pay rises since starting there and always got regular pay reviews every few months. The work was enjoyable as I was working on different pieces of work everyday and I was able to interact with the customers which I find really built up my confidence. Also the staff that are there have been working for the company for a number of years, are qualified or are in training to become qualified and you can always ask them for any support that you need.
TaxAssist North Wales- Very badly managed
The job satisfaction at TaxAssist North Wales is reflected by the very high turnover of staff. Within the team very few have worked there for over a year. Whilst I worked here I saw a lot of people come and go before deciding to do the same myself.

You will be promised “extensive training” which won't happen. You will be left in your own office with no experience and face a long wait when you ask for help. Day to day, the role is just data inputting on to excel spreadsheets with no skill involved at all.

The hours and extra stress are not worth the 18k starting salary. The manager is keen to expand whilst not fixing problems in existing offices. Clients complain on a daily basis about this as they face long wait times during appointments.

The current set up just doesn’t work as only a couple of staff are fully qualified whilst the rest are still recent graduates who don’t have the experience, training or technical knowledge to manage a portfolio of clients by themselves.
Good accounts experience, but very short term work.
I was lied to about the terms of my employment. My offer letter implied I would be working there for years, but they had no intention of keeping me beyond the tax deadline at the end of January. Good work experience otherwise, but useless to anyone with long term career prospects.
Great opportunity for graduates/accountants looking for a varied work load
I enjoy that the job is client facing as we have a shop front, we don’t know what/who will come through the door. I like that the job covers all aspects of accounting, You are tasked with completing VAT returns, self-assessment tax return, weekly and monthly PAYE and end of year accounts. I also enjoy the technical selling of our products and services. Another aspect of the role is the administration aspect we are all responsible for our own offices admin. If you work within the administration centre the core job will be admin however, this is normally temporary for no longer than 6-12 months.
Another positive is that we work locally to where we live no further than a 30-mile radius. We get to work with a vast range of clients from new start ups to businesses that have been established for 20 plus years and are very successful.

In your first few weeks you are given extensive training in how to produce the work required to a high standard as well as getting to know how the business runs, following this period you will be trusted with your own office but still continue to receive ongoing training.

You will receive the opportunities to take on leadership roles and spear head a department. If you work hard here, you will be rewarded with bonus’ and salary increases.
TaxAssist North Wales
Each working day is different, and a typical day could include a wide variety of tasks from VAT, annual accounts or Self-Assessment preparation. After initial training, you are given the opportunity (under supervision) to take part in client meetings and take on extra responsibility within the company. There is always continued training provided from all staff and I have been supported through my AAT and continue to be supported in my chartership. I have seen TaxAssist North Wales triple its client base from when I first started and have seen my salary increase year on year.
TaxAssist North Wales
I have been working at TaxAssist for over 12 months. I really enjoy working at TaxAssist and there are many opportunities available at the company. My role at TaxAssist covers many areas including the day-to-day running of my office, tax returns, accounts, payroll, VAT’s and meeting with clients. I would say that my favourite part of my role is meeting with clients as there is nothing better than seeing their reaction when they see the difference that our work has made. I have had regular pay increases here at TaxAssist over the time I have been here and I am looking forward to progress within the company. I am currently in the process of going towards my professional qualifications which are fully supported by the company.
North Wales TaxAssist - Prestatyn/Flint/St Asaph/Llandudno
Working for TaxAssist has been a great experience and you can obtain a wide range of accountancy knowledge very quickly, from completing tax returns to taking client meetings once you have been trained. The study support is excellent and the company is greatly supported by many loyal and happy staff and clients. If you want to progress quickly in your career path and you like a challenge, then it is the right place for you. I would strongly recommend this company.
Great Team
Though the work was stressful at times, it was a supportive and fun working environment. It gives a good opportunity to progress in your accountancy career.
Relaxed collaborative
It's a perfect opportunity to gain complete insight as a client accountant as I had just landed in UK.
Learned everything regarding UL statutory filings for small companies

Tax computation at corporate and individual level

VAT filing

Payroll & Pension
Nice working atmosphere
Working in a relaxed atmosphere, flexi hours work from home option and working with very nice people, travelling is not very far and mostly work atmosphere was very good
Good varied role
Lots of variety, good hours and working environment.
Start the day making coffee for the team, morning meeting, respond to emails, telephone calls. Prepare and submit accounts and tax returns, confirmation statements. Liase with clients, book work in and out. Data input. Quiet office although busy, no day is the same. Working to deadlines is the hardest part of the job.
Fun workplace
Can be doing accounts production to even working on VAT at different times of the day. A very good balanced variety of work that keeps you engaged. The people at Taxassist very happy to help when struggling to understand.
Productive and Good Management
I have learned a lot about management from my boss and he had taught me how to analyze the work critically and the perspective or aim of an employee in an organization.
Pros
1:1 Sessions
Cons
More Office Furnite
Lovely place to work
I started here as an apprentice, in 2 year i was taught to be able to prepare accounts, deal with personal and company taxes as well as be able to meet with clients and provide advice.

I also became AAT qualified.
work closer with clients
I enjoy working with people and dealing with customers and solving every day problems I used to contact the tax office daily and get clients tax refunds also answering the telephone and working at the reception also answering on line problems