TAVISTOCK AND PORTMAN NHS FOUNDATION TRUST

TAVISTOCK AND PORTMAN NHS FOUNDATION TRUST Employee Reviews

Productive and Fun
I've really enjoy my job as everyday is not the same. My team are amazing and always ready to support when needed. I would highly recommend this company as a starting point for your career in admin.
An okay place to work
A typical day at the Tavistock is quite busy, interesting and unpredictable. I have learnt to make quick and accurate decisions under pressure. The hardest part of my job is not being able to help patients who wants to be seen at the Tavistock before they are not within the catchment area. Their hopelessness and helplessness can be heard through the phone, and I often wonder what next, and how will the system help them to get better. Unfortunately, without a service agreement with their boroughs, we are not able to see them. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing a satisfied patient. A patient who can in with depression and unable to do anything, getting well and moving on with their lives.
Pros
Working with a good team
Cons
Incentives not commensurate with the job
Nice to work with, but very demanding
Provided help by creating an auditing system to manage On-Calls and visualise the statistics.

Can't comment on the daily jobs of doctors and health staff and admin that work there, however my experience was pretty straight forward. I consulted with the SpR Psychiatry doctors to help develop a system to help track their on-call data as it has become a very tough workload on top of their training.

I met with several members but dealt with the team rep for the most part. Communication was great, however feedback was often a little confusing and required a lot of back and forth. This probably reflects the diversity of interests held by even different people within the same levels.

The hardest part was to extract the requirements and simplify them for their day to day use. But a little more communication and examples helped a lot.

The most enjoyable part was seeing the effect and uptake of the system once its value was understood with respect to the ability to report and even negotiate doctor contracts with the data.

The work culture seemed very much about surviving the work load, the health system is under strain and anything that can help them is a relief, but this translates to a reluctance to change things as it demands more energy. The few I met were very driven people with a passion for what they do, albeit despite the hardships of enduring the slog of their job. The rep was fantastic to deal with.
Pros
Generally passionate people
Cons
Change is hard with so few resources
Relaxing
Independent job, helped with genuine tasks yet you were not put under an immense amount of pressure; could do things in your own time
could alternate days worked
Professional
Interaction with the public, staff and members of the board
Office Manager
Enjoyed my job, liked working for this organisation
valuable work being carried out and believe the organisation makes a difference to the lives of the family seen
Pros
personal development, child friendly
Cons
stressful environment
Ask a question about working or interviewing at TAVISTOCK AND PORTMAN NHS FOUNDATION TRUST. Our community is ready to answer.
4.5