Tate Employee Review

Varied, Interesting role and Supportive Culture
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Bristol, ENG25 September 2015
Recruitment is a varied role, that gives you the opportunity to build long-term, trusted relationships with clients & candidates. Hewitson Walker encourages this and gives you the time to dedicate to clients and candidates where you can harness these business relationships over time rather than short impersonal contact on an ad hoc, volume basis.

The management style is open and largely fair which is important in this environment where you are often put in difficult client/candidate scenario's, to have the internal stability and trust.

The hardest part of this role is being able to remain positive and proactive following an unsuccessful period. Handling the unpredictable element of people is what makes this role both very interesting and volatile at times.

We work in a collaborative recruitment environment where colleagues support each other and openly share candidate/client & process knowledge.

I enjoy the role because of the people and places we get to see. Internally we have teams in London, Birmingham, Reading & Bristol. We also meet consultants from our other specialist brands including SRG, Chadwick Nott, Blue Arrow, Lorien & Medacs.

Externally we meet clients/candidates across the South West learning about businesses across all sectors including energy, manufacturing, financial services, charity and public sector.

Hewitson Walker is a growing business where an ambitious individual with the right collaborative working style can progress and be successful.
Pros
Varied role, meeting clients and candidates for coffees and lunches and seeing offices, healthy commission structure
Cons
Flexible working is not encouraged or thought highly of, poor benefits package, long contracted hours and additional worked on top

Other Tate Employee Reviews

Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Luton Airport10 September 2019
Great working at Luton airport as part of the security check in. My responsibility was to help the customers with their luggage and to inform passengers where to go
Awful management - Leicester branch
Recruitment Consultant (Former Employee) –  Leicester, Leicestershire28 May 2019
A typical day would be the micro manager breathing down your throat and even judging you when you take your lunch.
Overall Tate seemed like a good company to work for - good training, and good higher managerial team.

Unfortunately the manager at the branch in Leicester (who I believe has stepped down) just made coming to work a total nightmare. 4 people left within 4 months of her managing.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tate. Our community is ready to answer.