Tate

Tate Employee Reviews

United Kingdom23 reviews
Tate employed me as a call assistant for an external company. Due to already having connections with the external company it was refreshing to see different sides of the company and how they operated. Tate were extremely quick to return an email once applying, and i got the job soon after the telephone interview (due to Covid-19). The pay rates were very reasonable and fair, and they also have a benefits scheme when you work for Tate which involved high street discounts. The staff from the Exeter Tate branch were lovely and very supportive of changes in circumstances and issues I was having. Overall a fab agency to work for.
Pros
Good Rates Of Pay, Friendly Staff
Cons
Long Hours, Lack of Flexibility (external company)
Started a role for Tate in March before the lockdown. The company guaranteed me they would take me back on once the lockdown eases. Fast forward to two weeks ago to be told there is no guarantee. So when I emailed Tate to advise I would no longer be willing to take temp work as realised there is neither help nor security with Tate. I got told in a rather short way that no one has job security. Well that’s incorrect as the lady who emailed me still had her job while the rest of their staff were furloughed will never work for Tate again
Great working at Luton airport as part of the security check in. My responsibility was to help the customers with their luggage and to inform passengers where to go
A typical day would be the micro manager breathing down your throat and even judging you when you take your lunch.
Overall Tate seemed like a good company to work for - good training, and good higher managerial team.

Unfortunately the manager at the branch in Leicester (who I believe has stepped down) just made coming to work a total nightmare. 4 people left within 4 months of her managing.
I had an interview with them and not a nice place to work their expectation is too much for a role and lady had an attitude ...
Not friendly people and no one. Was helpful
My typical day at Work
Start at 7am or 9am depending on the shift (8 hours or 12 Hours);

Prepare the work place organising everything: Cage and pallet on place.

Check items missing on Raking, taking stock if need and replace using forklift if need;

Pick income orders and start picking and packing all the items ordered by customers;

Send out choosing the right carrier depending on location, and dimensions of the packs;

Ensure other tasks ask by the management;

Support new pickers;

Traine new pickers;

Load lorry with pallets and cages produced, using forklift;

Check all tables and rooms looking for any parcels;

Ensure at all time a polite communication and a good environment at work;

Every days I learn how to do better and faster with the management advice, and coworkers;

The hardest part of the job is heavy parcels (around 25 Kg). Some days happen to be not 1 or 2 but more than 50.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the fun we can get with the management and our coworkers.
Pros
Free coffee, Milk and Tea. Pension place.
Cons
Heavy parcels 25 Kg or more.
A reputable company with an honest vision where you feel valued. Tate encourage a fun environment and offer fantastic opportunities to progress. You are always rewarded and recognized for achievements.
A typical day at Tate I would come in and remove any rubbish that needed to go I would then go on the hover and tidy the place up then I would Clean the kitchen and bathroom. I found this job great fun as I knew by the end of the day I had done a good job
Pros
Was something I was good at
I have worked with this business for 6 months now and I have been impressed with the way they treat their customers and staff - they truly have helped in secure a bright new future
A good company to work for, completely reliable, 100% support, I enjoyed working for this company, if I required any support, they were readily available to help me,
Cons
I fell ill and was unable to complete my assignment. Despite contacting the company numerous times they never paid me for the work I had already done, leaving me without vital money at a time I couldn't work. In a word, Unforgivable.
Pros
Cons
Waiting to make a quick buck off you
I applied for several jobs in the past via Tate Brighton. They never keep you updated on your application process and if you call them they are always unavailable so you leave a message asking for a callback which they never do. God knows how they are running their business. I wish from God that they shut down soon as they are useless.
Pros
Exceptional firm with fantastic company benefits and working culture. Lovely team throughout the business and very supportive.
Tate Uxbridge are a really well paid staffing agency for temp staff. The recruitment process is quick and easy but they thing they lack on is the amount of work they have for temp staff. Although they try to match your experience and skills to jobs. It's very rare they will have something if you are a student or looking for part time/ temp work.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Not much work available
Nice friendly company, with friendly and helpful people. Good selection of various job opportunities. Good work relation with top companies in the area.
I have been with this company for over a year now - whereas I was used to working with successful recruitment companies, I have been impressed in how Hewitson Walker treats its staff - allowing for consultants to run their desks in an adult fashion.

This is a motivated environment that truly has a focus on a candidate centric approach - this tied in with the true desire to delight our clients means that we have fantastic repeat business levels!
Recruitment is a varied role, that gives you the opportunity to build long-term, trusted relationships with clients & candidates. Hewitson Walker encourages this and gives you the time to dedicate to clients and candidates where you can harness these business relationships over time rather than short impersonal contact on an ad hoc, volume basis.

The management style is open and largely fair which is important in this environment where you are often put in difficult client/candidate scenario's, to have the internal stability and trust.

The hardest part of this role is being able to remain positive and proactive following an unsuccessful period. Handling the unpredictable element of people is what makes this role both very interesting and volatile at times.

We work in a collaborative recruitment environment where colleagues support each other and openly share candidate/client & process knowledge.

I enjoy the role because of the people and places we get to see. Internally we have teams in London, Birmingham, Reading & Bristol. We also meet consultants from our other specialist brands including SRG, Chadwick Nott, Blue Arrow, Lorien & Medacs.

Externally we meet clients/candidates across the South West learning about businesses across all sectors including energy, manufacturing, financial services, charity and public sector.

Hewitson Walker is a growing business where an ambitious individual with the right collaborative working style can progress and be successful.
Pros
Varied role, meeting clients and candidates for coffees and lunches and seeing offices, healthy commission structure
Cons
Flexible working is not encouraged or thought highly of, poor benefits package, long contracted hours and additional worked on top
Fun work place with supportive management.
The most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside my colleagues and learning from them.
Pros
Relaxed athmosphere.
Cons
Fast paced
Working for TATE as an intern is a very good experience, as you get to see from the inside how a big organisation as TATE works.
this was only voluntary work for a family member in the holidays to gain experience in work and by gaining experience it may help me in the work place
Working in the head office in the finance team of the company, I was very eager to learn and develop, i had a complitly new system to learn called Cofax that i had never used before but i did find it easy and interesting.

I did feel as i was trusted from management and colleges to be left and get on with my job on the daily basses.

Pleased to have worked for longer temporary period as first instructed from the company.
Pros
Great experience.
Cons
I would have liked a permanent position as it was not available at the time.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tate. Our community is ready to answer.