Tata Consultancy Services (TCS)
Here to help
Coronavirus update

Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) Employee Reviews

Awesome company to start your job with, it gives numerous opportunity to learn and excel and make your career. Good culture and policies/rules. Management and HR team does their job pretty well.
TCS (and Diligenta specifically) has a great culture where everyone is supported and the management really do listen to what people have to say. However, pay varies greatly between and within departments, with length of service rewarded more than ability (or performance rating). This is, in part, due to constant union pressure to remove or lessen performance-rated pay. As a result, people who are promoted and prove their ability often leave when their managers are unable to properly reward them with an appropriate pay rise. As a result, many departments are starved of the capable, experienced staff that are needed to help others learn. Still, great culture and a good place to gain some experience if you're proactive.
Pros
Culture, opportunities, technology
Cons
Low pay, limited progression
Need process and domain improvement. Each process should have its SOPS Management and employees should take responsibility. Other than IT also focus on BPO and BFS domains
Flexible shifts. Pay was not very good. However it was very good to work with different people and have busy shifts. The uniform given to wear at the football games were not always clean.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Bad pay
It was quite balanced but since I was handling many projects , personally my work load was more hence working hours were not exactly the same everyday . Having said that, I had the liberty to take decisions and work the way I wanted to or planned to . I enjoyed working there and the only reason i quit was due to relocation and maternity / childcare reasons. I would totally recommend TCS to everyone.
Pros
very comfortable workspace, job security
Cons
long hours sometimes
IT is good place to work if management is supportive. Management is more focused on growth of company. It has got lot of learning opportunity within its infrastructure.
It depends on the team and the role that you are hired for. I was mostly spending my time taking one free course after the other because I wasn't given any tasks to keep me busy during the day. Everyone in the team was quite senior and even though I could have provided some help, I was never included. My manager was absent and he couldn't utilize my skills and knowledge. Definitely not the most collaborative environment.
TCS is a global multinational organization and is a great place to work. It has its own pace like all large companies, but once you get used to its pace, its great to work here.
TCS is a very fast-paced and dynamic company. The results are in general urgent and demand a lot of effort to accomplish. The cultural aspect is the major point to be aware off, and if you are not indian then you'll be struggling a little to fit in. A positive aspect is that the company is very flexible in terms of working times and the results and deliveries speak louder than the daily working times.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Tata Consultancy Services (TCS)?
Tata Consultancy Services is an India Based company but having branches over many places across the world and it has thousands of accounts including different sector e.g Telecom Utility Life Science Insurance Banking and Finance Service It is Asia's largest IT company.
Whilst my immediate colleagues and I were treated politely the offshore colleagues were treated poorly and at times quite disrespectfully. Call it culture but I call it embarrassing and taking advantage!
Fabulous place to work. Less stressful working environment, fantastic mixed working culture. The environment can sometime be fast paced, only based on business needs and requirements.
It was an amazing experience to work with TATA and meet so many new people. It allowed me to excel my skills and make me feel more confident at the same time.
A great place where hard work is recognised .. great benefits and terrific CSR. You really feel like you are making a difference! Would recommend to any approriate professional.
Good job security but work life balance and work culture is below average. Just like other Indian service based companies it has structural problems which pressurizes your to over commit and slog to deliver it.
Began training here and the trainer was the most monotone and boring person ever. Training was torture to say the least. Call listening - I was paired with the most rude girl who was a similar age to me, she didn’t have anything to say to me and so I was forced to sit in an awkward silence. During my call listening, one member of staff (who was team leader I later found out) decided to sexually harass me in front of the other members of staff of course this was my last day at the job I decided to leave, and send an email regarding my experience with this company I had no reply or feed back Absolute disgrace
Good work and life balance. Good place to learn and experience new and innovative technologies. Excellent management and you get to learn and grab knowledge in IT field that youbare looking for.
Did not like the new management brought in after Tupe, didn't feel comfortable in my role there after tupe. Did not complete DSE assessment after having doctors report of problems with long term illness.
It was amazing experience working with Tata one of the best and the biggest group of comapnies. Also due the high standard maintainence of tata people feels respect full and happy.
Good place to work and good project to be working on. The project was demanding and fats paced because it was demanding. Good experience overall with very good support.
Pros
good place to work
Cons
all good
The issues were to do with management holding back expenses payments and holding back bonus payments till the next quarter to make P&L look better for my business. It caused me significant personal financial issues! Also they changed payment to my offshore team that caused them problems and demotivated them. They lacked the ability to listen! Senior management didnt consider the individual.