Tascor Employee Reviews

Good job if you can handle it
Detainee Custody Officer (Former Employee) –  Swinderby8 May 2018
I loved this job, lots of hands on and a good squaddie mentality. Lots of waiting around but I just read Game of Thrones. You get very close to your colleagues. I loved the driving and days on the road with radio 2 but appreciate that isn't everyone's taste.
Pros
handcuffs
Nought
Dogs body (Current Employee) –  On the moon10 April 2018
Tascor what can I say this whole company needs to be investigated by a government watchdog decent loyal staff treated as nothing I know I've seen it first hand some senior managers forget where they started careers shattered in a second unbelievable and unnecessary means of working practices so many good staff broken by this the press would have a field day never mind immigration if they investigated
Pros
None just good friends
Cons
Flip burgers you know
working enviroment
Detainee Custody Officer (Former Employee) –  Heston19 February 2018
Tascor is the most negative work place I had ever encountered.
reason why every colleague of mine had been looking for a job, to the point where some of them were leaving without finding one. the company could not get staff to be interested in management, they are taking whoever could not do DCO job.
Pros
Cons
everything about it is a con
negative. negative, negative
Detainee custody officer acting operation manager (Current Employee) –  London15 February 2018
I will try not to be as negative...

Tascor is the most negative work place I have ever encountered.
reason why every colleague of mine is looking for a job. to the point where some of them are leaving without finding one. the company could not get staff to be interested in management, they are taking whoever could not do DCO job.
staff welfare is not on the menu. managers use double standard to deal with daily incident... stay away.. stay away .. stay away
Pros
good for mucking about and not learning anything
Cons
destroys your will
Shocking
SDCO (Current Employee) –  Gatwick/Heston10 February 2018
The worst company to work for.

Management break the law often.

Decent employees are always bullied and intimidated.

Corruption is rife. The favorates commit fraud but that's ok with management.

Terrible place to work with some shocking examples of management to boot.

Stay away if you value your self worth!!
Pros
Cons
Far too many to list
A reactive company
Senior (Current Employee) –  Heston17 January 2018
Not what you know but who you know.
Your face needs to fit.
Be prepared to be a puppet. If you cut the strings, you'll soon be cut too.
There's a need to ensure you cover your back. Too often you shake a hand and the other sticks the knife in.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
You are just a bum on a seat
Sadly lacking
Detainee Custody Officer (Former Employee) –  Manchester31 October 2017
If you wish to be underpaid/valued for the level of responsibility & what is expected from you, then go & work for this company. More concerned with pleasing their employer, than what impact it will have on staff.
Pros
Cons
Too numerous
Not as bad as they say!
Anon (Current Employee) –  Midlands30 October 2017
I have been in the business now for 16 years...so it can’t be that bad, and there are a lot of other long standing employees. Yes hours can be long and as you would expect with any company, it’s not perfect.
However, if you are not one that moans at any old thing just because your a moaner, then generally work is good. If you have a genuine problem or gripe you will be listened to.
The job itself can be demanding but that is the nature of the industry (the same as working in any custodial or similar role).
On a personal level, the company has been very good to me. They have offered support when needed and without question. They have offered me extensive training which I accepted, and have now gained some excellent qualifications as a result. Yes, we would all like more pay but the salaries aren’t that bad. After all, the people who are moaning about them in these reviews knew what the salaries were when accepting the job!
I’m not professing they are the best company in the world. However, I would take the time to find out yourself rather than listening to lots of disgruntled ex-employees who find it easier to moan about the company.
Favouritism and bullying is rife
DCO (Current Employee) –  UK19 June 2017
A really interesting job in the main ...however long hours and very poor pay make for a very unattractive career. Management is dismal no support and the brain cells of newts. Bullying is rife with favouritism the norm if your face doesnt fit you will be made suffer.

The Company policies are laughable and the concept of the job compared to reality.... worlds apart.

Avoid this company like the plague....you will thank me later !
Pros
Cons
Too many to mention
Not Competent enough to be called useless
Acting Duty Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow13 April 2017
the only advice i can give is stay away, good people managed by morons.you lose IQ points every time you talk to a manager.
I was based at the Glasgow depot. the hardest part of the job was not chaining the management to the back of the vans and dragging them down the M74. we had A manager A lex A fud
Pros
Cons
everything about it is a con
If you cant stand the heat, get out of the kitchen.
DCO (Current Employee) –  Gatwick Airport Station, West Sussex19 March 2017
OK. The problems start at the Recruitment phase. To many applicants are excepted who are clearly not up to the job, and to be fair to them what your really getting into isn't totally explained. Its longs hours by natural of the job, you just cant say well its 5pm Im off when you still have a detainee in custody. By nature of the job you are at times going to be assulted so if thats not for you man up or dont do it. Your not going to be molly cuddled and the job comes with a massive amount of responsibility and yes the money isn't great but nor is are collegues in HMP getting well paid either.
If your ex Mil your love the job. If you just want to take selfies for FB with your cuffs then your in for a hard time. A lot of DCO's in my opinion need a proper attitude ajustment and learn how to use an iron. Communication skills is a big must. There is alot of pressure on DCO and Management set by powers much higher but most cant see or dont understand the bigger picture.
Pros
Promotion, every day is different.
Cons
Not for someone who wants an easy life.
job review
Detention Custody Officer (Former Employee) –  Heathrow, Greater London14 March 2017
very good colleagues if they have your back in difficult situations

once operational you'll get no support, your on your own, there is no support your cheated out of money they can never pay you correctly. assaults on staff increasing. long long hours!! no stop overs and long hours driving around and long waits at prisons. this is a terrible company to work for!! damaged my social life it hurt my marriage and my self esteem, my advice avoid at every opportunity.. I hope it all changes for the better, for the people still operational undertaking a very very very difficult job. unfortunately NO ONE is recognised for it UNBELEIVABLE.. my opinion RUBBISH..
Pros
you make friends
Cons
Really>>>
Terrible Overseas operation
DCO OSE (Current Employee) –  Heston and Gatwick11 March 2017
Stay away!!!

Illegal practices.

Bullying from management.

Several cases of DVT but management say it's not because of flying.

Severe favouritism which causes lots of issues within the workforce.

We already lost a detainee and I'm sure we'll lose another as management are so whimsical in their procedures and assessments.

You'll be expected to work well over 24 hours with no rest.

Awful place so stay away
worst place ever
Detainee Custody Officer (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire1 March 2017
get treated badly get forced into jobs even after a 14hour day management are pathetic except for one dom who was very nice looked after her staff name start with a N the rest is pointless petty hourly rate disgusting vans just avoid at all cost turnover of staff is mad
Pros
collegues
awful
Detainee custody officer (Former Employee) –  Gatwick, Surrey17 January 2017
awful management, wait till g4s get the contract back. no support from management, will find anything to cause your trouble. good for exploring different parts of the world but thats about it.
Bad work/life balance
Detainee Custody Officer (Current Employee) –  London30 December 2016
Hard to plan your life when available to work, a lot changes, so you can't plan anything. Management don't care about your welfare as they expect you to work whenever they tell you to work, without caring about how many hours you have worked already in that week.
Pros
Travel
Cons
Long hours, lack of sleep, stress
They ruined my physical and mental health
Detainee Custody Officer (Former Employee) –  London Stansted29 December 2016
Avoid working for these morons like the plague. The majority of the team I worked with were fantastic and I count them as dear friends two years after leaving. Senior management are a bunch of clueless imbeciles . They always screwed up your money and would investigate or suspend you for emptying your bowels at the wrong time of day. The majority of ios were ok , but there were one or two nasty and stuck up snobs who wouldn't give you the time of day. I had to leave, because after 18 years , my physical and mental health were ruined.
Pros
Made some good friends working there
Cons
lions lead by donkeys
fun
Detention Custody Officer /Coordinator (Former Employee) –  London Heathrow Airport, Greater London29 December 2016
good team work , fun place to work see the world with a few hours stop over or can be lucky enough to drive for in county and it can be long days and nights , good money and the time off is good.
Unbelievable
Immigration Officer (Former Employee) –  Heston7 November 2016
I applied for a position at Tascor, they promised to send me an email to attend an assessment centre. I never received the email. They called me asking me why I had not turned up on the day, I explained I had not received an email with the details etc, so they re-confirmed my email address, and asked me to attend the next session.

Having read the wonderful (not!) reviews of the company, I decided that I did not want to take the risk of working for a company with such a bad reputation. On 3rd November a lady called me to check that I would be attending the assessment day, where I informed that I had not received the email, and no, I would not be attending.

So today (7th November) I get an email (wow someone managed to get my email address right this time!) to inform me that 'on this occasion you have not been successful' - well thank goodness for that! If you cannot get simple information correct, goodness only knows what else you get wrong.
Pros
Are there any?
Cons
Obviously disorganised, and wonder about their competence.
bad management
Detainee Custody Officer (Current Employee) –  Scales10 July 2016
ok management poor wages are very poor for work you do would not recommed to anyone very high turn over in staff throughout the conpany