Tascor Employee Reviews

Favouritism and bullying is rife
DCO (Current Employee) –  UK19 June 2017
A really interesting job in the main ...however long hours and very poor pay make for a very unattractive career. Management is dismal no support and the brain cells of newts. Bullying is rife with favouritism the norm if your face doesnt fit you will be made suffer.

The Company policies are laughable and the concept of the job compared to reality.... worlds apart.

Avoid this company like the plague....you will thank me later !
Pros
Cons
Too many to mention
Not Competent enough to be called useless
Acting Duty Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow13 April 2017
the only advice i can give is stay away, good people managed by morons.you lose IQ points every time you talk to a manager.
I was based at the Glasgow depot. the hardest part of the job was not chaining the management to the back of the vans and dragging them down the M74. we had A manager A lex A fud
Pros
Cons
everything about it is a con
If you cant stand the heat, get out of the kitchen.
DCO (Current Employee) –  Gatwick Airport Station, West Sussex19 March 2017
OK. The problems start at the Recruitment phase. To many applicants are excepted who are clearly not up to the job, and to be fair to them what your really getting into isn't totally explained. Its longs hours by natural of the job, you just cant say well its 5pm Im off when you still have a detainee in custody. By nature of the job you are at times going to be assulted so if thats not for you man up or dont do it. Your not going to be molly cuddled and the job comes with a massive amount of responsibility and yes the money isn't great but nor is are collegues in HMP getting well paid either.
If your ex Mil your love the job. If you just want to take selfies for FB with your cuffs then your in for a hard time. A lot of DCO's in my opinion need a proper attitude ajustment and learn how to use an iron. Communication skills is a big must. There is alot of pressure on DCO and Management set by powers much higher but most cant see or dont understand the bigger picture.
Pros
Promotion, every day is different.
Cons
Not for someone who wants an easy life.
job review
Detention Custody Officer (Former Employee) –  Heathrow, Greater London14 March 2017
very good colleagues if they have your back in difficult situations

once operational you'll get no support, your on your own, there is no support your cheated out of money they can never pay you correctly. assaults on staff increasing. long long hours!! no stop overs and long hours driving around and long waits at prisons. this is a terrible company to work for!! damaged my social life it hurt my marriage and my self esteem, my advice avoid at every opportunity.. I hope it all changes for the better, for the people still operational undertaking a very very very difficult job. unfortunately NO ONE is recognised for it UNBELEIVABLE.. my opinion RUBBISH..
Pros
you make friends
Cons
Really>>>
Terrible Overseas operation
DCO OSE (Current Employee) –  Heston and Gatwick11 March 2017
Stay away!!!

Illegal practices.

Bullying from management.

Several cases of DVT but management say it's not because of flying.

Severe favouritism which causes lots of issues within the workforce.

We already lost a detainee and I'm sure we'll lose another as management are so whimsical in their procedures and assessments.

You'll be expected to work well over 24 hours with no rest.

Awful place so stay away
worst place ever
Detainee Custody Officer (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire1 March 2017
get treated badly get forced into jobs even after a 14hour day management are pathetic except for one dom who was very nice looked after her staff name start with a N the rest is pointless petty hourly rate disgusting vans just avoid at all cost turnover of staff is mad
Pros
collegues
awful
Detainee custody officer (Former Employee) –  Gatwick, Surrey17 January 2017
awful management, wait till g4s get the contract back. no support from management, will find anything to cause your trouble. good for exploring different parts of the world but thats about it.
They ruined my physical and mental health
Detainee Custody Officer (Former Employee) –  London Stansted29 December 2016
Avoid working for these morons like the plague. The majority of the team I worked with were fantastic and I count them as dear friends two years after leaving. Senior management are a bunch of clueless imbeciles . They always screwed up your money and would investigate or suspend you for emptying your bowels at the wrong time of day. The majority of ios were ok , but there were one or two nasty and stuck up snobs who wouldn't give you the time of day. I had to leave, because after 18 years , my physical and mental health were ruined.
Pros
Made some good friends working there
Cons
lions lead by donkeys
fun
Detention Custody Officer /Coordinator (Former Employee) –  London Heathrow Airport, Greater London29 December 2016
good team work , fun place to work see the world with a few hours stop over or can be lucky enough to drive for in county and it can be long days and nights , good money and the time off is good.
Unbelievable
Immigration Officer (Former Employee) –  Heston7 November 2016
I applied for a position at Tascor, they promised to send me an email to attend an assessment centre. I never received the email. They called me asking me why I had not turned up on the day, I explained I had not received an email with the details etc, so they re-confirmed my email address, and asked me to attend the next session.

Having read the wonderful (not!) reviews of the company, I decided that I did not want to take the risk of working for a company with such a bad reputation. On 3rd November a lady called me to check that I would be attending the assessment day, where I informed that I had not received the email, and no, I would not be attending.

So today (7th November) I get an email (wow someone managed to get my email address right this time!) to inform me that 'on this occasion you have not been successful' - well thank goodness for that! If you cannot get simple information correct, goodness only knows what else you get wrong.
Pros
Are there any?
Cons
Obviously disorganised, and wonder about their competence.
bad management
Detainee Custody Officer (Current Employee) –  Scales10 July 2016
ok management poor wages are very poor for work you do would not recommed to anyone very high turn over in staff throughout the conpany
Long hours, no managerial support, no work/life balance
Detainee Custody Officer (Former Employee) –  Portland8 July 2016
I really enjoyed the work. Bullying went unchecked and some managers contributed to malicious gossip and therefore by default, bullying. Overtasking happened regularly, with 12/13 hours non-stop being the norm. Driving conditions governed by domestic rules so could be driving non-stop in excess of 5 or more hours, regularly going above those hours. OCC would insist tasking was undertaken, even though crews had no opportunity to take a break. On one occasion, I completed a 17 hour shift without any breaks and was informed by a representative of OCC that I could not take a break, no comfort stops, no meal breaks. This organisation needs investigation, our charges (detainees) received better conditions than we did. Very, very disappointed as I believed this would be the position I most wanted to continue until my retirement.
Pros
Cons
long hours 13+ with no break, bullying regularly occurs, overtasking continually happens
Challenging
Detainee Custody Officer (UKBA) (Current Employee) –  Gatwick4 July 2016
A very interesting career and not for everyone.

Everyday is different, you get to work with many different people from different backgrounds and get to meet people from all over the world.
You are very much your own boss, you are given your tasking and you have to complete it within a time scale at your own pace. You will gain skills in First Aid and De-Escalation which helps a lot with the job.

Management is good and always readily available to help.

The hardest part of the job are generally when faced with unforeseen circumstances, with involves delays, as a trained Officer you are always prepared for these situations and always do the best thing during that time.

The most enjoyable part of the job is: you never know what you are going to be faced with, meeting new people, learning many different things, Working at your own pace, Seeing many different places, not capped on hours.
Pros
You are still being paid when on a Lunch Break
Cons
Sometimes hours can long
Differnet
Detainee Custody Officer (Former Employee) –  London22 June 2016
Interesting and challenging as we were responsible for escorting returning immigrants to their home countries. But the management was totally inadequate and untrained and inexperienced
Not a nice place to work
Administrative Officer (Former Employee) –  Manchester Airport6 June 2016
Tried to sack me as soon as I told them I was pregnant.
I didn't enjoy working here. The only thing that kept me going was my colleagues
If you're looking to work for a company that couldn't run a bath, this could be the one for you.
DCO (Former Employee) –  Manchester24 January 2016
Management care more about paperwork than staff welfare.

Poor pay for the responsibility you carry

You're will get asked to do the most ridiculous of tasks and be told it can be done within a certain time frame

You're a glorified taxi driver**

I wouldn't wish working for this company on my worst enemy.

There are good bits like going home but that's about it!
Cons
Waiting outside Pennine House.
Very poor management that see you as a number
DCO (Former Employee) –  United Kingdom21 January 2016
I worked for tascor for 3 months, a long, rubbish pay, no time for my life 3 months.
Never met my base manager.
Never had a site induction.
A very stupid pay system where you have to bank 20 hours and if they can't find you work they use your own bankes earnings to pay you what you don't work even though it's their fault and then you have to top up your 20 hours again before earning, potentially you could do 40 hours overtime in 2 weeks and never be paid for it because they steal your money to pay you.
Management are the poorest quality, you will be on your own unless they want something from you.
They will mess your hours up, expect you to work whenever they tell you at the drop of a hat, won't pass on payslips because they know you'll be able to work out they've screwed you, you can be working with the most incompetent staff that are supposed to be your support but because they employ idiots they run at the sight of trouble.
Not worth £8ph, would rather work in aldi for better money
Pros
Half decent uniform
Cons
Long hours, poor management, employ morons, mess your wages up
Difficult place of work, no one day the same.
Detainee Custody Officer (Current Employee) –  Portland, Dorset12 January 2016
Travailing all over the country transporting detainees to their required locations.
No one day was the same but days could also be really long, you always had a starting time but no finishing time.
The hardest part of the job was to balance work and life.
Management had a hard job with the posts constantly moving, they were supportive when possible and always approachable.
Pros
Each day was different
Cons
Long days
Great company
Detainee Custody Officer (Current Employee) –  Birmingham / Airport6 January 2016
Great company, need more of a challenge though as working in the border control sector can be very slow.

The hardest part of the job is not letting emotions get in the way as it could be very easy to sympathise with some of the detainees.
If there was a no star rating that would be my rating! AWFUL! Avoid like the plague
Detainee Custody Officer (Former Employee) –  South East6 January 2016
I have worked here for a few years, i have never worked for a company as bad as this. The staff turn over is ridiculous, the majority of staff leave within 6 months.

The management is extremely poor i wouldn't really even call them managers they prefer to sit around and gossip all day.

The pay is AWFUL! For the responsibilities you have it should be a lot more, you will find you have no social life as the shifts are ridiculous there are no finish times, you supposedly work a 12 hour shift but i have worked up to 21 hours!
Pros
Some good people
Cons
Long hours, bad pay