Tarmac Trading Limited Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Great people, interesting business
Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands19 April 2018
Great company to work for and have many good years there.

Pay is fair/good a site where overtime is required/available can see good gains in wages. Good facilities and benefits

All staff seem proud to work for Tarmac, most strive for excellence

Attitudes are good

Safety is paramount
every day is different
Distributor logistics (Current Employee) –  Walsall, West Midlands22 January 2018
good work colleagues fun to work with, learning all the time on the job. Own initiative needed to sort out issue, the management are approachable. The hardest part of the job is sorting out problems when plants breakdown or when driver do not turn in.
Pros
flexible
Cons
communication from upper management no the best
Awful management
Internal Sales (Former Employee) –  Whitwell, Derbyshire16 December 2017
If you haven't worked in the company they don't want to know you. Singled out bullied not a nice place to work. Of you want to work here be prepared for a tough time. I worked with a girl who put up with being treated like a second rate human, for two years before she was accepted. The manager is just as bad, if you don't click with the long term employees he will treat you like #$&@$ not good!
Poorly managed company no respect for part time working for mothers
Surveyor/Estimator (Former Employee) –  Wolverhampton, West Midlands26 August 2017
Poorly managed company where you are not a name you are a number. The company have zero care for its "TEAM" where management will protect themselves by hanging their staff below them. When I wanted to speak to HR about issues I was experiencing I was told by a now very senior manager that HR are there for him NOT for me! Avoid this company like the plague!
Oh and when Tarmac want to communicate with you letters are sent on Fridays so you receive them when you come home after working and leave you the weekend to stew over the news that has just been delivered to you! Bad news Friday's!
If you do go for employment here join a union first! You will highly likely need them at some point!
Pros
Pay on time
Cons
Too many to list
Flexible
Administrative Officer (Current Employee) –  Birmingham / Airport2 August 2017
Tarmac are a great company to work for and have always provided a flexible working environment. I've got nothing but positive things to say about they management, they been helpful and provided excellent support in my 4 years of working at the company.
Sadly a poorly managed company that could be so much more
Manager (Former Employee) –  United Kingdom20 June 2017
Overall I thought tarmac was going to live up to their glossy website but sadly it was the opposite. A very polictical and hierarchical company that prevents the everyday man making a difference. You are made to believe in your interview you can help move the company forward but the fact is the company and management and stuck in the dark ages and not willing to change. Their treatment of staff is also poor and their ideas in regards to communication is laughable. So many people are trying their hardest to make a difference but it's the key people that won't allow it to change.
Pros
Some lovely people (that have now left)
Cons
Lack of support for staff, misguided and poorly managed
Poor Management
Admin (Former Employee) –  Wellington19 June 2017
Poor management. Leadership skills don't exist. Management do not look out for staff at all. Co workers are good to work with. Some aspects of the work are interesting but no-one fully understands the computing systems themselves so it is frustrating to learn
Pros
Good co workers
Cons
terrible management.
Bad management
Machine Operative (Former Employee) –  Sevenoaks, Kent30 April 2017
Good place to work if management was changed. Especailly when they family. Was bullied there myself by them. Hours ok if u want to do extra to earn. Health and safety can be an issue when they want it to be. If work there dont make a complaint to HR you will lose your job asap.
Pros
Free tea and coffee but no sugar
Cons
No sugar bad management bad HR department
An OK place to work
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Wolverhampton, West Midlands21 April 2017
The hours and location suited me but I did find the work tedious
Pleasant office Liked the people I worked alongside. No back up from management when you needed it
Pros
Small Bonus
Cons
Weak management
Good workplace and people, HR is abysmal.
Landfill analyst and recycling administrator (Current Employee) –  Syston20 September 2016
Nice place to work, everyone is approachable and social, HR is a major flaw, since working for Tarmac my pay has been an issue.
Positive Environment
Quantity Surveyor (Former Employee) –  Leicester21 March 2016
My time here allowed me to focus on critical tasks at hand and develop myself within a larger company.
I learnt how to efficiently use various systems that assisted myself, and all senior manager in managing costs.
The team welcomed me and we developed a great working relationship.
The most difficult part of the job was to learn how to company worked and to ensure that deadlines were always met (which became a lot easier after the first month!).
I enjoyed learning about how the company operated the various business units independently and collectively.
Pros
Great working environment
Cons
N/a
Avoid Tarmac
Quarry Operative (Current Employee) –  Sheffield8 February 2016
This it a terrible company to work for. Staff are treat very poorly. Health and safety is a joke, senior management try to make it a focus, but in reality its all about having the correct paperwork in place and ticking boxes. Management don'ts seem to care. I have known of a couple instances where someone was injured at work and management refused to put it in the accident book.
Salary is reasonable, around industry average or above, but very poor when you consider the amount of forced unpaid overtime. The minimum extra free hours I end up doing is 10 a week.
The company struggles to with recruitment due to its bad reputation and, especially with trying to recruit young staff, who seem to be treat the worst.
Pros
Free tea and coffee
Cons
Long hours, Forced unpaid overtime, poor health and safety, bullying commonplace