TalkTalk Employee Reviews

Not Great
Customer Service Agent, (Former Employee) –  Birchwood, Cheshire15 April 2019
Overall the company changes its culture every 6 months, employees are constantly afraid of losing their jobs, always in-fighting at the top, there is a blame culture
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Birchwood, Cheshire29 March 2019
• Delivery of incremental revenue growth to existing Talk Talk’s new business and renewals sectors
• Agreeing pay plans and bonuses with finance
• Managing KPIs relating to talk time, conversion, contact rates, compliance, pipeline quality, call quality and adherence
• Operation and resource planning using telephony and call centre management information
• Pipeline management and forecasting
• Recruitment and training of new starters
• Coaching and people development
• Handling all HR issues related to teams
• Ensuring product set remains competitive by working with marketing on current offers
• Reporting all performance figures into Head of Department and Sales Director
• Reason for leaving – redundancy
Senior Independent Director - Board position part time
Senior Independent Director - Main Board (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London20 March 2019
I am the Senior Independent Director at TalkTalk - a non-executive part time Board position. Talk Talk is at the forefront of technology and has driven a huge transformation change programme over the last few years to restructure itself and position it for the future.

Talk Talk is a public company and thus more information at this stage is difficult.

Talk Talk is an entrepreneur led business with an entrepreneurial spirit of drive and energy to deliver.
Pros
Entrepreneurial.
Demanding but Rewarding work
Bereavement Services Manager (Current Employee) –  Stornoway2 March 2019
A typical day starts with analysing previous day's performance and sharing with the team. This is used as the focus for coaching.

I have learned that customer satisfaction is of paramount importance. This does, though, involve managing expectations at time. Guiding my team on the best way to deliver this is sometimes labour intensive as complainats can drain the agent.

Management listen and do respond. Views are sought and, when possible, acted upon.

The hardest part of the job is dealing with complainatsd - particularly when they have been recently bereaved.

The most enjoyable is receiving plaudits from colleagues or callers for providing assistance, help and support.
Pros
Good Benefits and pay
Cons
A shrinking workforce.
Great work life balance
Consumer PR and Events Executive (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London13 February 2019
Great manager who cares about your development but the company constantly changes its strategy which can make it hard to get PR campaigns signed off and activated.
Always a new challenge
Manager (Current Employee) –  Salford Quays, Greater Manchester8 February 2019
In the 3.5 years I've been with the organisation, I have been given loads of opportunity to progress and develop. You are given the freedom and accountability to deliver change.

The flexible working is the best I have ever experienced, with managers focusing on output rather than time spent at your desk.

The culture is unique and won't be for everyone. It is dynamic and fast paced, evolving (for the better) over the last 2 years. This can make some days hard work, but the people around you and the support you receive is awesome. A great bunch of people all trying really hard to make things better for customers.
Pros
People, culture, flexible work
Cons
Sometimes the speed of change
A lot of room for growth. Fun organic environment.
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Nottinghamshire8 February 2019
Love working here. Everyday is different. You get to use critical thinking on a day to day basis and definitely has set me up for my next challenge. Very greatful for the experience
Pros
Positive environment.
Cons
Work life balance
A lot of hard working staff who are undervalued
Senior Escalation Manager (Current Employee) –  Salford, Greater Manchester5 February 2019
I have worked for Talk Talk for the past 16 years and love the people I work with.The management team works hard and drives the company forward. The hardest part of my job as a Senior escalation manager is having to manage the EU expectations as we rely wholly on OR, who sometimes move the goal posts.
Faceless corporation
Onboarding Relationship Manager (Current Employee) –  Manchester4 February 2019
Was once upon a time a great place to work. However this has deteriorated as corporate greed has taken over. No Pay increase (not even cost of living) for over 3 years and a 4th likely.

Professional teams are disbanded without proper consultation and then the work outsourced, only the be brought back in house months later and then the jobs outsourced again in 6 months time.

No job security, Redundancies announced every six months with no warning.
Pros
Free Broadband
Cons
Directors management of company
Good work life balance
Senior Research Manager (Current Employee) –  Shepherds Bush, Greater London30 January 2019
TalkTalk is a challenging place to work, as it is a value provider, and has to fight for its place in the broadband market.

But, colleagues are friendly to work with, and they offer good benefits and flexibility to work from home which is really valued.
Pros
Flexibility, ability to work from home once or twice a week
Cons
No career progression, budget constraints
dont work here
CAS MANAGER (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London17 January 2019
the culture is toxic and the people that create it are the management team from people managers to senior management, everyone is out for themselves. i would suggest avoiding.
Corporate Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Birchwood, Cheshire4 January 2019
Didn’t work out for me but they are focused on making it a good place for people for work.

I got something of a raw deal with my accounts, and being an account manager you need the luck of the draw. Not a lot could be done by either me or the company, just works that way sometimes.
Pros
Good culture
good salary
Sales assistant (Former Employee) –  London, UK4 December 2018
A fast worked pace with good management. Learning new things everyday. Having to learn and deliver a good sales pitch. Being able to work various hours and to be confident working as part of a team
Pros
lunch
Cons
travel
Productive and fun place to work
Insurance Manager (Current Employee) –  London22 November 2018
TalkTalk is a lovely place to work. Not only do they absolutely embrace flexible working in a truly dynamic and agile working environment, but they encourage you to really be the best version of yourself with amazing development and growth opportunities.
Pros
Dynamic, fun, lots of room for development
Cons
Job security
Enjoyable workplace
Enterprise Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Home Based30 October 2018
I have hugely enjoyed my time and role at my current workplace the work life balance is excellent and my colleagues are all incredibly driven client focused professionals.

My passion is spending time with my clients understanding their business and individual visions and goals, moving from an SME to a corporate business I have learnt a great deal in the early years but i can say in the last 4 years i have not learnt a great deal at all.

Learning is a massive part of my self development and one of the reasons I need to move on to another role in another organisation as I am not being mentally stimulated and or fulfilled.

A key challenge is the highly disparate nature of some of our support and virtual teams, being able to orchestrate all the key elements is extremely difficult but a skill I have mastered albeit hugely time consuming.

One of my aspirations is to move into a senior role in an organisaton maybe manage a team or even higher, currently there is no scope for me to achieve my aspirations here. The management team that I work with are extremely supportive but are somewhat operationally hamstrung due to a possible business reorganisation

All in all I have only positive feedback to share but I feel I have outgrown this business and must move on to achieve my personal and career goals
Fun and Hard Working
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside10 October 2018
A typical day at work would be getting into work, practising the speech and skills you need to get customers attention, then grouping with the whole team to go through everyone's achievements for the day before, then was sorting into groups of 3/4 to go to different places such as Town, Widnes, Wigan or Leyland to set up the venue for the day. I mostly learned to be loud and confident, but also some sales skills watching the more experienced people do it. The management are very supportive but also push you to do your best and find ways to help you find your drive in order to get sales. The workplace was always lively and loud, no matter if it was the venue or the office, it was always enjoyable working with these people, sometimes it didn't always feel like a job. The hardest part for me was confidence, having to approach people and people stopping for people who I would normally ignore if I was passing by, I know people don't like to be bothered so I always struggled in that way, because of this I couldn't get the sales I needed to get me by in the way of money.
Pros
Fun, supportive, intuitive
Cons
comission based
Fun place to work
Service assurance advisor (Current Employee) –  Salford Quays, Greater Manchester4 October 2018
Good place to work with flexabily and great salary higher than any call centre job I know, good hours too, and the managment care, great location 2 mins from tram stop
Pros
Salary
Cons
Game consoles in canteen! Dont want to go back to work
terrible
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Hull, East Riding of Yorkshire4 October 2018
No home and work life balance. Terrible salary. No progression and unfair dismissal. Constant job turn over due to poor treatment of staff.Just an awful place to work.
Pros
Cons
Salary. Hours. Unfair dismissal. No support from management.
My time at talktalk
Service assurance shift manager (Current Employee) –  Salford, Greater Manchester28 September 2018
It has been a whirlwind. I was originally recruited to 2nd line support. I then worked my way up in that role to helping out with complaints sent direct t the CEO. Once Talktalk started a ethernet portfilio I moved over to B2B assurance. I have moved into working shifts and now into management.
Pros
free services
Cons
distance to work
Fantastic Work Environment
IP B2B network Engineer. (Current Employee) –  Salford Quays, Greater Manchester7 September 2018
There is always an oppertunity to learn and progress up the ladder.
Great atmosphere and state of the art office set up.
The teams are are friendly and supportive provided you raise it with the relevant department.