TalkTalk

TalkTalk Employee Reviews

United Kingdom207 reviews
In my time with the organisation I was privileged to work on projects and programme beyond my capability and be given the opportunity to expand my knowledge and experience in an environment that was both supportive and encouraging. The culture within the business is warm and welcoming. I really enjoyed my time with TalkTalk .
Pros
Work life balance
i advise not to work for such company
very bad experience, work for them for

8 years. managers and director behavior

is disgraceful. very stressful environment
The IT world within TT seemed be be in total turmoil the entire time I was with them. Management either took so long to plan and prepare for changes that the goals moved and the changes were withdrawn or changes just happened with no planning, in which case you ended up in repair mode for weeks.
Pros
Near a tram stop
Cons
Lack of real leadership and cohension
The teams are trying to improve and deliver great customer service, however, are held back by very poor leadership that are more interested in their own power than making the business successful. Like most companies, there are pockets of greatness, and pockets of destruction. Unfortunately for TalkTalk, there are more of the latter.
Franchise owners and Senior Management are appalling. Do not work for this company, they treat you as a resource not a human.

Area Manager’s are the highest line of decent people working in the company
We work to strict deadlines and have to complete our cases within 28 days of receiving them. The issue with this is that we have a very small team, and a huge workload, so cases are not picked up until day 24+. This leaves us with a unreasonably high risk of breach and very little time to address issues that will occur as we work on the case.The salary is low - relative to the amount of work we are tasked with and our responsibility to be compliant with the regulator. My job requires access to many different systems to source data but there is almost always a problem with at least one of them. The company is unwilling to spend the money needed for us to keep up with demand, so we often run out of the materials we use to fulfil the requests. We have weekly targets but the nature of the job, and the fact that we don't pick up cases until the last minute, makes it difficult to plan your week so you hit target. Your allocation can change dramatically from one day to the next, and you suddenly have 2/3 cases that haven't been worked on at all and need to be closed in a day.
The main advantage is that you work as you see fit and, for the most part, arrange your own day. There is leeway in hours which is nice, but many take advantage of it, which causes problems for the other employees who have to pick up their slack.
I loved my job when I started as it was so much to learn and I really felt like there will be an opportunity to thrive and progress in the future. My team was superb and my manager gave me all the support I needed. Our office was in Central- London at a very affluent, busy and lively area, which was also easy to reach by public transport.
Sadly our office was shut down and we have been moved to West- London, and the redundancies already started at this stage. A new type of office culture started within the new office, which was quiet hostile, unsupportive and work has become very stressful due to the redundancies there was extra work added onto everyone's load. The transitioning period has started 2 years prior my redundancy, which has involved a lot of travelling to the Manchester head office and endless training of the place-holders. The work ethics and team moral was very different between the South and the North teams, which has made very difficult the transition in my opinion.

I was grateful for the opportunity, but could not wait to leave the business by the end of my notice period.
Good Place to work and very friendly staff on the whole. Good location but not great for parking however plenty of streets around where you can park for free
You get paid well for what you do and the benefits are really good but the environment is toxic, everyone knows each other (at Salford Quays anyway) so it's not what you know it's who you know and people get away with things they wouldn't anywhere else
From the outside of the talktalk seems like a formal, professional job. The inside says A lot , please don’t let the pay fool you. The pay can start from 19k-20k+ , more than other corporate/ office jobs.

The management - Be very fearful. Always a 6 months turn around from redundancies and unfair dismissals(6months probation). There is no prewarnings.

Staff members- Be very FEARFUL too. Alot of politics- bullying - name callingthat slymark there and again. Racicial abuse. You name it you will never geta choiceor asay. There isalwaysa mebwe that is a bully!! Even yourown manager!!Please do not apply this job if you cannot takecritism!! training what is training?? a million pounds company and there is a lack of training?? No training atall? But to rely on collegues!! but who is your collegues when they back stab each other and they know manager to work up the company itself!!
A very fast paced, busy environment, full of friendly supportive people.
Work hours are flexible so you get a great work/life balance. Teams are encouraged to work together with regular offsites to team build and get creative.
Relaxed atmosphere, as the title states, we could be ourselves here. No real dress code, but it had to be appropriate.

Great benefits, who doesn't want free broadband.
Dream job for somebody looking to enter the Telco industry with little to no experience...
Seems too good to be true at first, then you realise it’s actually a nurturing environment.

You are never too experienced to learn and the culture is very much: learn, learn, learn (& get paid doing it!)

Started late April 2019... never looked back!
Collaborative, and Fast Paced work Environment considering business needs. Excellent management support and Flexible working supported by organisation.
I have worked for Talk Talk and Talk Talk Business for 14 years now and I feel like the place is slowly turning me into a jaded person. I wasn't happy we relocated to Salford a few years ago and the management in my department aren't up to scratch. The place has become extremely bad for micro-managing. Working in a technical centre we take far too many calls and always seems to be short-staffed and overworked. My manager is a fearful manager and is always thinking about how to cover his own back on every decision he makes by constantly consulting with HR. I am now looking for employment elsewhere and a fresh start in a more adult environment.
I would have no hesitation recommending talktalk as being a good place to work but please do not expect good management especially at more senior levels.
Not a great place to work, micromanagement, low understanding of technical work, depressed staff. not a good atmosphere for mental heakth and well being
if you want flexibility and the chance to work remotely then this is your place. An element of trust exists, don't abuse it.

Its chaotic and unorganised, but the day fly by.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Poor senior leadership
whilst working for this company the overseas aspect let the business down.The outsourced team I work with are great i would change the team i work with for the world
The workplace and culture is great at TalkTalk. TalkTalk provides plenty of opportunities for employees. I have learned some new skills which has helped to improve my performance and was able to contribute to the company. Good leadership Management team. You can be yourselves and your opinions are often heard. It is like a family. The greatest organisation I have ever worked with.
Great place to start your career. Lots of opportunity to learn and build your professional skills. Management was not really helpful. Poor communication between departments.