Takeda Pharmaceuticals Employee Reviews

Found 29 reviews matching the search See all 1,281 reviews
Excellent working Environment
European VAT Accountant (Former Employee) –  Basingstoke15 August 2019
I learnt to work effectively as a Team member in the Finance section of a Multi-National Pharmaceutical Company.

Every day was different. Everyday brought its challenges and successes.
Great place to work, hard working but fun too, good balance
Established Brands Business Partner (Current Employee) –  Wooburn Green, Buckinghamshire20 May 2019
My role is very varied, always opportunities to change and enhance different aspects of my role. I will always hit a challenge head on, determined to put a solution in place. I am trusted and encourage to be self sufficient and this leads to a good working environment.
Pros
Good office restaurant and Pension/Health Scheme
Fun Place
Office Manager PA (Current Employee) –  London16 April 2019
Takeda is a really nice company to work for. With the Offices in Aldwych and Paddington closing it is now time to move on but I would do it all over again with Takeda if I could. The best last few years of my life.
Best Company I worked for - should never have left
Senior Director (Former Employee) –  Dublin and Basingstoke14 December 2018
People are great and they are viewed as the most important asset of the company and really valued. High levels of investment in sites and people. You are given the resources to deliver and remuneration is at the right level. High performing and supportive culture.
Pros
Too many to list.
Cons
Travel can get heavy.
good employment
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Cambridge7 March 2018
got on well with everyone. managed very well.
good rate of pay and a lot of benefits to go with the employment.
good hours. a lot of perks like training for specialist roles.
Pros
benefits schemes
Cons
monthly wage
Really only a seasonal job...
Bookings Advisor (Former Employee) –  Wisbech17 October 2017
Worked in the call centre, was given a full time contract then made redundant as soon as the call centre got quieter. The job is well paid in the summer when overtime is available, but it is not a stable job that you are able to keep all through the winter. Should really only take on seasonal staff. Recommend working for this company if you are looking for a temporary/summer job. Not taken into consideration the hard work that you do for the company, and the extra hours you offer to work when they are in need.
Pros
Overtime available, Nice call centre staff, polite drivers and easy system to use
Cons
Likely to lose job in winter, minimum wage salary, Customer complaints come directly through to you, long hours in summer months
Great company.
Accounts Payable Coordinater (Former Employee) –  Basingstoke, Hampshire12 October 2017
Was a great place to work for 12 years. Great friendly work place and I loved working for this company. They however decided to shut down the Basingstoke office. I worked in the Shared Service Depatment in Shre. I have recently joined Level3 Communications.
Pros
Comfortable
Cons
None that I can think of
Great location
Global Clinical Study Manager (Former Employee) –  London15 September 2017
Takeda has great offices in central London and is a wonderful place to work
Pros
central London
Great company & place to work
Finance Manager (Current Employee) –  Basingstoke, UK27 April 2017
Great organisation, good people and supportive management.
Career development available with great opportunities to get involved with a lot of projects.
Fast and dynamic environment, a lot of changes going on at the same time. No time to get bored. Despite the workload, work-life balance is key to the senior management in Basingstoke.
Would recommend this company even though they are now based in London Paddington.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
CEO closed down Basingstoke site
Amazing working place
HR Specialist (Former Employee) –  Basingstoke, Hampshire13 February 2017
Best place I've ever worked. Amazing management and team. I would recommend Shire and I've learnt so much for my next role. Unfortunately Shire is moving to Ireland.
Productive and fun
Commercial Manager (Former Employee) –  Yorkshire30 January 2017
A very flexible and nimble UK operation working in a wider global framework. The culture at Shire is very positive and they treat their employees with respect and dignity
Pros
Benefits package
Cons
Politics
Bad place
Panel and flat maker (Former Employee) –  Wisbech15 August 2016
when u start working in shire u have 1 month for normal work rest is very bad menagement not like everyone its Lituanian factory its dyscriminate, not safety for young people.
My friend lost 4 finger in machine!!!.
This is seriously very bad place for people who need start yourney in UK
Professional working environment
Waiter/barman (Former Employee) –  London8 August 2016
Working here gave me some good experience in the working environment, especially for job roles within the service industry like bar work and waiting.

Additionally my co-workers and management were very friendly which made the job more enjoyable as I felt like I was well suited to the people around me.

The worst part of the job was the awkward hours, but then again I was lucky to even have a job at the time so I can't really complain about that.
Pros
Free lunch and dinner
Cons
Awkward hours
A Wonderful Place To Work
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Mansfield26 April 2016
I have Enjoyed working for Shire and all the people who work here are wonderful, but due the the business relocating i will miss this job very much
Pros
a truly wonderful place to work
Cons
N/a
Accounts
Business Manager (Current Employee) –  Mauchline8 April 2016
The day to day job i do is finance ie rising invoices dealing with customs and suppliers. HR side of the business.

Its good company to work for.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
Long hours, good ethical company, good people
Senior Packaging Technologist (Former Employee) –  Basingstoke2 December 2015
Shire is a medium size virtual organisation, good remuneration package. It is a very profitable organisation. Middle Management changes happen very frequently. Work load is normally very high, to get work done individuals have to put lot of long hours.
Pros
Good remuneration package, good ethical Bio pharma
Cons
Long hours, frwquent middle management change
productive and fun workplace
VOLUNTEER KARATE MARTIAL ARTS INSTRUCTOR (Former Employee) –  Hull10 November 2015
the typical night at training would include warming up, teaching a small group their kata's (a sequence of martial arts moves put together to defend) and then cooling down.
the hardest part of this job was when someone would get annoyed with themselves for getting something wrong, because some of the children especially would get frustrated that they weren't picking it up as well as everyone else.
I learnt how to teach others valuable lessons that I was taught a long time ago.
my co-workers were helpful, friendly, approachable and people I now class as good friends.
Pros
the students and their dedication to the club
Cons
club had to close due to not enough instructors
Not a Good Company
Fork Lift Driver (Former Employee) –  Wisbech20 October 2015
The managerment do not care about there Staff. Forklifts are old. Just Genraly a old company nothing is in the 21st century. Toilets are Dirty
Pros
1 Hour Break
Cons
Min Wage, Hours are poor, Staff
Good place to work. Team work is key
Kitchen Assistant (Current Employee) –  Whittington Primary school20 October 2015
My job role is to assist the head cook and carry out duties when required. Serve children meals and wash up. We all work well in a team.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
not enough hours
exploitation of people lack respect for employees
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Wisbech, ENG26 September 2015
providing individual customer orders in the form of a summerhouse, shed, playhouse. I met the whole topography of England.during this work I did about two hundred thousand miles. the hardest thing about working was sometimes driving 20 hours a day. nicest thing about my job was driving a car I love driving a car
Cons
low wages

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Takeda Pharmaceuticals. Our community is ready to answer.

Takeda Pharmaceuticals Reviews by Location