Taj Mahal Employee Reviews

Lively and Busy
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Gourock, Inverclyde28 October 2018
A typical day (night as I would put it), would be filled with customers coming in either for a table or for food to be taken away. We also take carry out orders and delivery orders over the phone, for either to pick up from the restaurant or to be delivered to their house directly.

Working at the restaurant, I have learnt different skills along the way such as money management and people skills.

The managers are very easy to talk to as it is a family run restaurant and jokey to be around as well.

The hardest part I would say about the job is how busy the restaurant can get. There are nights where it's not as busy but when a sports game is on or at the end of the month, it can get very busy.
Waiter pot washer general domestic (Current Employee) –  Richmond10 March 2018
Great company
Everyone is easy to get on with
Can’t get busy but makes the day go quicker
Odd hours sometimes
Pot washing
Waiter
Leaflet delivery
Shopper
Food prep
Pros
Great food
Cons
Need more hours
A very good indian restaurant
Waiter/Bar Staff (Former Employee) –  Feltham, Greater London19 October 2017
This restaurant has one of the best Currys I've tried and also gave me a lot of training and opportunities.. they also have a good management and perfect costumer service.
Pros
Free food
Kp
KP (Former Employee) –  Southport, Merseyside31 March 2017
Not the best. long hours for not alot of play. only bonus was free food at the end of shift. wasnt for me personally. The staff team were very nice and helpful .
Pros
Free food
good place
Waiter (Current Employee) –  Chippenham, Wiltshire13 March 2017
Good place to work but the pay scale is very less. Accommodation provided also food provided. Working conditions also good. But as the salary is less I wish to change the job.
Pros
good work place
Cons
less salary
Fun work place
Waiting Staff (Former Employee) –  Stockton-on-Tees18 June 2016
I enjoyed working here, as the people i worked with where friendly.

A typical day of work, consisted of cleaning in the mornings, to receiving customers throughout the day.
Pros
Indian music
Cons
Indian music on repeat, every day
A fun intense environment
Analyst (Global Technology Department) (Former Employee) –  Slough, ENG31 May 2015
This restaurant allowed me to handle pressure at busy times as I would keep notes to myself on what tasks to complete which made me much more organised and focused. Also, the management was great because different staffs where doing their tasks properly and we all ensured customers where provided with good service.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
It can be stressfull
Fun working environment
Barmaid and Waitress (Former Employee) –  Minehead, ENG28 February 2015
Working at this restaurant has been enjoyable. Friendly colleagues; can get hectic at times but you learn a lot under pressure.
Pros
Free dinners
Great!
Waiter - Part Time (Former Employee) –  Somerset4 February 2015
I worked part time there as work experience not as a job therefore I was unpaid. However, understanding how to progress within the business was exciting. Overall great experience. Most difficult time was rush hour with multiple orders and keeping on top of everything. Most enjoyable time was socialising with customers.
Pros
Free food of course !
Cons
Constant hunger with all the food going around.
fun working place
Waitressing (Current Employee) –  Taunton, ENG20 November 2013
when i start work i get there and help to get the place ready to open, i make sure all tables are okay like the table setting are in place and make sure the phones and computer are turned on ready to take orders. My manager is very nice and is very understanding if i am stuck he will come and help me. i dont feel like there is a hardest part to the job because if i keep into a routine and get done what i need to get done then i am okay aswell as keeping a smile on my face even if i feel stressed i dont let it show to the customers, the most enjoyable part of my job has to be the staff and the customers as i am the only female the men can be a good laugh and they treat me like there little sister always helping me if i am struggling with anything, if we aren't busy then sometimes you get the regular customers that will have a chat with you and sometimes laugh but i like to make sure that every customer leaves my work place with a smile on their face.
Cons
not enough hours
fun workplace
Waitressing (Former Employee) –  Carmarthen, WLS27 August 2013
I really enjoyed working as a waitresses and learning more about how customers require there foods and drinks working at the taj I gained more techno as got taught how to use a till and also was given tips as approaching the customers and got great feedback about how polite and well mannered I was and served there dishes with a smile and met there standards
Pros
free lunch and very polite people
Cons
not enough hours
Enjoyable workplace
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Gourock, SCT21 August 2013
Delivering Indian food to customers within inverclyde.

Friendly Staff

Can be stressful due to workload but pays well if you can handle it
Pros
Free Food, good pay
Cons
Can call you at short notice to cover if another driver doesnt turn up. (happens a lot)
Fun Workplace
TAKEAWAY WORKER (Former Employee) –  Lanark, SCT3 July 2013
I worked there for 3 years in the kitchen and learned a lot!
It was a great place that develop pretty much all of my cooking skills today.