T.M.Lewin Employee Reviews

Workplace
Key Holder/Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Victoria, London, Greater London22 July 2019
small store in Victoria but a lovely company
Bad salary
Customer services was great
Team work was fun and exciting at times
very busy company
Pros
Free lunches
Productive and welcoming
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bath, Somerset15 May 2019
I kept busy at TM Lewin through replenishing stock and making the shelves and rails look presentable. As well as this, helping customers find what they are looking for also keeps you busy and you could spend from 2 minutes to an hour with them.
Once the ball was rolling it was a much easier job to get into and the current staff were all very welcoming and always on hand to help.
Great branch
Store Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kingston upon Thames, Greater London31 March 2019
I worked in the Kingston branch, and the team I was with where great, as were management.
There is no scope for advancement, and Head Office look down on retail staff and don't consider their input.
No laptop in branch to communicate with head office or warehouses - contact through telephone (Head office) and fax (warehouse).
Pros
Discounted uniform allowance, and discount for friends and family
Cons
Long hours, window display updates usually done outside of work hours, no bonuses, no overtime paid unless on hourly wage
Fun place to work
Sales Assistant/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  London2 February 2019
Can be a very fun company to work with. Although some stores are under staffed which can cause problems when the busy period comes. Also comes with staff benefits.
Pros
60% staff discount
Cons
Short staffed
Nice company
LOGISTICS ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  London17 January 2019
Friendly people, training investment and customer service focused approach which is ideal for retail. Organised stockroom and sales process. Top formal wear company
Pros
training, colleagues, customer service
Cons
better clothing line option
draining.
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Paul16 January 2019
At First this place is great to work for however management do things that only favour them.
You are told when you cannot take holidays or even worse if you haven't claimed any they will give you holiday whenever.

Always short staffed therefore you a required to stay longer with short or even no notice.
Shift patterns are never equal you could be leaving at 9pm one day and are in for 7am the next day.
Pros
60% off
Cons
Favouritism. Short notice flexibility. No weekends off.
Workplace
Assistant Management Accountant (Former Employee) –  London23 November 2018
Good place to work atmosphere is encouraging. You work hard and the rewards can be great.

I enjoy the people I work with we help each other, have fun times during and after work.

There are good rewards available for the right person
Pros
Easy to get to
Cons
Work very hard
equipo muy compenetrado
Supervisor Specialist (Former Employee) –  Greater London12 November 2018
Durante los dos años y medio que estuve sobretodo aprendí a trabajar en un equipo fantástico y a crecer personal y profesionalmente. Conseguí la posición de supervisor al año y medio de incorporarme y tuve siempre un ambiente de trabajo excepcional y el apoyo de todos los integrantes de la empresa.
Ambiente de trabajo divertido
Asistente de ventas (Former Employee) –  Greater London4 October 2018
Continuo crecimiento y aprendizaje sobre ventas y antención al cliente
Pros
Salarios
Cons
Ninguno
Amazing team work & great company
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Canary- Jubilee Place10 August 2018
I am easy person all the company I have worked for I was able to creat a fantastic environment for my staff as well as built a creat relationship with my superior.

I believe I can replicate want o have accomplished I’m this companies
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Extra mile to achieve targets
Exceklent
Sales Assistant (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh18 July 2018
Flexible for student jobs, however can be stressful as is more of a career than a part time job. Good team, good management and good advancement opportunities.
Pros
Convenient loaction
Cons
Lots of training
Fun and stimolating workplace
Senior Sale Advisor - Tailoring Specialist (Current Employee) –  London15 February 2018
A good company to start your path in this business.
Sometimes really stressful work environment with infinite tasks to complete but definitely a good company
Pros
The colleagues
Cons
Friendly staff and interesting place to work, but working hours...
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Canary Wharf, Greater London27 December 2017
I'll start with the working hours take up most to the day... E.g. 12-8:30, most likely as most of retail, which doesn't give their staff much of a social life.

Management wise it all varies from store to store, personally I can say that it changes quite often, as I've been told it's due to a lot of stress being placed on them to make sales.

The company is very sales focused, yet a lot of the staff manage to provide amazing service, personally I feel some people are really underpaid for the effort they put in considering they are paid minimum wage or close-to, with no commission or bonus.

The staff sometimes feel that the company does not listen to their concerns and some, sometimes, talk like they've given up as they try so hard, yet they feel like their voice isn't heard or they don't know who to turn to. But I guess it's similar in many companies.

Overall though? It's a great retail type job, looking at other retail jobs out there... It's fairly easy to work, training is pretty good, I've seen people advance pretty quickly, yet I feel the working day hours should be different and maybe shorter, to help reduce stress.

It currently seems like the company management, CEO & Co. are trying to turn things around, and some of the things are looking good, some things have felt like false promises, but many things are actually becoming better, so I hope that it will continue going on the positive path.
Pros
Amazing team, fairly easy job, possibilities of advancement.
Cons
Hours of work take up the whole day not leaving much for a social life or after hours activities, Becomes stressful when working the same long hours over and over.
Stock room Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Westfield11 December 2017
The company is not very bad, but the management isnt very good at all and the salary for the job that I do isnt worth it so I´d like to find a better place to go on improving.
fun workplace
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London30 November 2017
great if you want to meat new people , fantastic managment and team to work for , learn a lot about fashion , chance and quick progress in your career .
Productive at times but stressful when theres no teamwork
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London22 November 2017
Busy enviromant depending on which branch you work at and team work is needed for this job. During busy hours a lot of people buy a lot of shirts and everything gets messy because nobody is helping or putting the shirts in the right place
Pros
1 hour break
Cons
Once the store closes you stay longer to refil shirts and suits
poor leadership and bad work moral
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire6 November 2017
Regional manager of my region is a bully and is unable to get the best from her team without constantly managing them to within an inch of there job.
Company has no clear direction and no one comes from same page.
typical day at work will mean having to constantly explaining why you aren't jumping through 1000 hoops to make it work when many things are just out of your control, such as footfall in to a store.
workplace culture is poor, staff are miserable and do not want to be there including store manager.
Pros
great discount, good product
Cons
long hours, unachievable demands form all managers
Good
Assistant Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire2 November 2017
Good knowledge , different learning about area, and sales , keeping order , and sales on market list , deal with hard costumers , bring best in my job
fun work place
Key Holder/Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Victoria, Greater London19 October 2017
the most enjoyable part off the job was working withe a well mannered them and doing everything we could to make the business grow. I learned how to sell different styles and types of shirts to different individuals.
Educational and fun work enviroment
Customer Service Advisor/Administrator (Former Employee) –  Essex, and Manchester17 October 2017
It was a wonderful educational and fun working environment, the only problem was that the promotion and job advancements seemed to go to random outsiders based on who they knew in the business making it difficult to advance further int he business.
Pros
Good Pay, and sane working hours.
Cons
Nepotism

Ask a question about working or interviewing at T.M.Lewin. Our community is ready to answer.

T.M.Lewin Reviews by Location