T.G.I Fridays Employee Reviews

Found 387 reviews matching the search See all 4,810 reviews
Would never recommend
Waitress/Chef (Former Employee) –  Walsall13 February 2019
Worst job i have ever had, i ended up leaving due to the managers causing me to have depression. Mistreated staff unbelievably. Many cases staff would turn up for work to only be sent home because they aren't busy enough.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Grate Team but dont work here
Head waiter (Former Employee) –  Covent Garden, Greater London10 February 2019
If your looking to earn good money to live on then this is not the place for you, the management don't have a clue what they are doing. You will not be treated with respect and will be reminded that you are replaceable with every small problem. You will be expected to do at least 2 other peoples jobs on top of your own, you will not be appreciated or even thanked. Worst place to work if your looking to build a career.
Prodictive fun workplace
WAITRESS, HOSTESS FOODRUNNER (Former Employee) –  Limassol Cyprus9 February 2019
It was really great working for TGI Friday's at Cyprus. I worked there for 3 summer seasons which i found very pleasant and fun. I had an amazing experience and the communication with the customers and my collegues even the managers was in a very good level. Of course I had to work under pressure because it is a very busy restaurant but that gave me motivation and willing to do my best so serve people and make them have the most amazing experience at the restaurant making them want to come back over and over again.
Pros
Fun atmosphere, flexible working hours
Cons
Did not have any
Fun place
Kitchen manager (Current Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear1 February 2019
Great place, family treatment for all team members . The job constantly changes and moves forward, people are hired for personality and charisma which makes it a really enjoyable place to work.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Long hours, work/life balance
boss is not nice
idek (Former Employee) –  croydon28 January 2019
bad job, bad employees, bad hours, hectic, bad customers, possibly illegal, bad wages. don't work here... ever. its not good at all id rather work at the gates to a very bad place.
Pros
easy job to get
Cons
where do i start for cons.
A Day in the Life
Front of House Staff (Current Employee) –  Kingston upon Thames25 January 2019
A day in the life of a Fridarian can change within seconds. They push you to your limits when you go from serving two guests to 50 which is definitely one of the hardest parts of the job but at the end of the night can feel very rewarding! The workplace culture is like one big dysfunctional family everyone has arguments but at the end of the day we all pull together to make everything run smoothly which brings me to the most enjoyable part of the job; the people!
Pros
Shift meal!
Cons
12 hour shifts!
Treat young staff like nothing.
Busser (Former Employee) –  Cheadle21 January 2019
Was my first job and by far my worst. All the staff above you were lazy and demeaning treated you as if you were nothing. They were all sleflish and never wanted to give you a hand but always seemed to want help themselves. will walk all over you if you allow them! management can’t organise a P*** up in a brewery, nothing gets passed on and communication is poor!
Pros
Nothing i can think off
Cons
Think of something and they don’t have or allow it.
great to make friends
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Romford, Greater London19 January 2019
Great place for young people to work builds character and friendships. you can get so much out of the company through so many competitions and rewards it is defiantly worth putting your name into the hat.
Pros
atmosphere and people
Informative
Cocktail Flairtender (Former Employee) –  Cardiff14 January 2019
The best company I've worked for to date, learnt many new skills and improved all of my working habits, i had a lot of fun working among my fridays family
Pros
many perks, fun work enviroments
Cons
strict company rules
happy place
Hosts & Server (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands11 January 2019
Working at tgi fridays is so good but the tips are not fair and it can get very busy and everyone rushes around , but the staff are great the food is amazing.
Pros
50% off
Cons
tips are very unfair
Very demoralizing
Kitchen (Former Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent9 January 2019
Started work, the first weekend shift was fine. I was supervised throughout the shift and given help if struggling.

After my solo flight, things took a turn. Horrible rotas were given (PM closes which conflicted my university schedule). Some senior staff members behaved in a very authoritarian manner. Most of the time, the conditions were very alienating and demoralizing. Had issues with pay (missed 3 payments within 7 weeks of working).
Pros
Cons
Horrible Rotas, Demoralizing, Alienating, Authoritarian Behaviour
great community within the workplace but hours are not worth the salary
Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  London9 January 2019
I loved the people there as everyone was very informative and welcoming. At the beginning I was very motivated to come in and work, but I noticed as I was working more I got asked to come in on days I did not agree to in my contract. the best part of the job was the people around me who I could talk to. The worst part was that it was very demanding and was not worth the pa.y
Pros
free drinks
Cons
long hours minimum pay
Day in the life of Fridays
Team Leader and Head Door Host (Former Employee) –  Trafford Centre, Greater Manchester2 January 2019
Fun atmosphere.
Great family team.
Very busy atmosphere.
Lots of guests, some can be challenging.
Good flexibility between team members, if last minute need a shift changing, staff willing to help out.
Opportunities are available to learn, train up and work in different departments, within the store.
Always updates with training, weekly and monthly and in depth.
Pros
Can pick up extra shifts
Cons
can be overworked most shifts
Unorganised
Serving Assistant (Former Employee) –  Reading29 December 2018
I started without being told my salary. I was given a contract for 16 hours, but i think i only did that once. I was on about 4 hours a week with a hourly rate at £5. So as a working student i was earning about £20 a week. Management is very unhelpful, rude and fall under pressure. I remember many instances where food would be left on the hot plate as the managers would walk out.
Pros
Short hours- if you're looking for them
Cons
Bad management and unorganised work place.
Fun but tiring
Line Chef (Current Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire26 December 2018
Great place to work, the staff here really are like family with the managers being like parents.
By far the best bunch of people i have ever worked with. The hours are long and the days are hard work but your dont get anything in life by being lazy i guess.
Only downfall to this company in my opinion is the pay and distribution of tips. It quite frankly sucks and touches the nerves of every staff member here wether they admit it or not. The kitchen deserve decent pay from above and not from the work of the waiters/waitress.
Pros
The staff and management
Cons
Tronc and kitchen pay
Fun and very sociable
Waiter / Barmen (Former Employee) –  Enfield, Greater London20 December 2018
Great place to work if you love people, fast paced work and an energetic environment with a great team and loads of laughs. Typical day would be on your feet, rushing around, taking orders, managing customers, orders and your team.
fun
door host (Former Employee) –  Southampton, Hampshire6 December 2018
it was a nice place to work, only reason for leaving was hours cut and didnt have enough money to keep people on, other than that the work nights out were great.
Lovely place to work but a couple of things.
Server assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham / Airport5 December 2018
For a first part time job on the side of college this is a great place to work;
Easy to book off days and manage your rota
Flexibility in work times
Easy to message managers and speak to them
Always opportunity to pick up more or less shifts
I worked here for 7 months and it was sometimes tiring but latest I finished was 11 and longest shift was 6 hours.
The pay is minimum wage but as a part time first job it's fine.
Pros
Opportunity to progress, easy to book off days or speak to managers.
Cons
The area, you have to be prepared for busy periods, no breaks
Confidential and friendly workplace
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow5 December 2018
I have found that workplace a good first step for who it is from a different country. I like the confidence between worker but it is just a job to do without previous local experience.
Pros
Nice co-worker
Cons
Dirty job
Productive and fun workplace
Waitress (Former Employee) –  London29 November 2018
TGI Fridays is a really good company to work for if you are interested in facing the challenge of a fast paced working environment and customer service. Additionally there is such a fun working environment between the staff (specifically at the Stratford branch) whilst everyone is still able to efficiently carry out their roles. The only downfall to working for this company is the minimum wage pay which doesn’t truly reflect the job role
Pros
Fun working environment
Cons
Low wage

Ask a question about working or interviewing at T.G.I Fridays. Our community is ready to answer.

51.5K