T.G.I Fridays Employee Reviews

Like working in a high school student environment
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Kirkstall11 July 2018
Managers seem to have favourites, the bar staff can't free pour as they all pour incorrectly however, one of these members is progressing to management due to being a favourite of the management. While working I was told to ignore the alcohol license terms a few times when customers argued to be served past legal serving time. The staff gossip and tend to not like anyone new.
Pros
50% off food
Fantastic team and management
Server Assistant (Former Employee) –  cabot circus26 June 2018
very fast paced and requires hard work ethic. team are fantastic bunch to work with and make all busy shifts fun. Good tips and good management team..
Pros
good team
Cons
long weekend hours
It's not a chefs job
Chef de Partie (Former Employee) –  Teesside, North Yorkshire14 June 2018
Everything is frozen or in packets the kitchen is full of grease the manger has no skill glad I was only there for 30 minutes what a joke never seen anything like this before
Pros
Free coke
Cons
Says chef it's not a chefs job
work place environment
Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Basildon, Essex12 June 2018
I love the people who I work with, they couldn't be any nicer but its just not the job for me. its okay pay, really bad shifts and how they plan shifts.
Pros
discount
Cons
shifts
Fun to work
Hostess/Waitress (Current Employee) –  Solihull, West Midlands11 June 2018
A fun place to work because of the people that work there. I like to serve guests and give them an experience that they will never forget which will make them return in the future.
Pros
people that I work with
Cons
long hours and hourly rate is low for my skills
Fun workplace
Pot Wash (Former Employee) –  Basildon10 June 2018
Enjoyed workplace with work being hard but colleagues always enthusiastic keeping motivation high. All staff treat eachother well and will try best to make sure everybody is happy
Beyond Terrible
Kitchen Porter (Former Employee) –  West Midlands3 June 2018
On the first day, I was just thrown into the deep end as it was a busy Friday night not knowing where anything is and everything was rushed. I am on my own on Dish (Apparently there was meant to be 2 people on weekends but there wasn't a second person to help out). It was very unorganised I was expecting my first day to not be like this, this was beyond ridiculous. They had a lot of work staff on that day but no one would help me. Also, no one actually finishes on time either so expect to be held back for another hour or so. This is not worth minimum wage and late finish. As you can tell I didn't return after that.
Cons
Bad management, Minimum Wage, Staff doesn't care
felt very uncomfortable
SERVICE ASSISTANT AND BUSSER (Former Employee) –  Bluewater, Kent31 May 2018
Other staff members, especially the older ones who thought they were better than everyone else were very unfriendly and not very helpful. quite often sarcastic.
Pros
Discount
Cons
distance on the bus
Pay mistakes, lack of care, and sloppy business practice
Fry Cook (Former Employee) –  Norwich30 May 2018
Working regularly until past hours, often finishing at 1am, whilst all other staff left, or sat at the bar drinking rather than help. In addition, pay mistakes with every single pay check received, lack of team work, and cross contamination of vegetarian food with bacon bits from kitchen.
Pros
Mostly decent coworkers
Cons
Long hours, malpractice, pqy mistakes and lack of management
Tgi's
Waiter (Former Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff23 May 2018
great place to work as it was one of my first jobs from school, the social life was amazing and the restaurant was a nice place to work, I enjoyed every second of my time there.
Productive work place
Waitress (Current Employee) –  London14 May 2018
It is a very fast work pacing environment. It requires a lot of self managing and quick thinking. Also good communication skills and customer service are very important.
Pros
50% staff discount
Fun place to work.
Hospitality Staff (Current Employee) –  Midlands14 May 2018
An excellent place to work. A professionally run restaurant chain that prides themselves with good customer relations. Staff are all well trained and highly motivated.
Pros
Super atmosphere
Cons
Part time
Job at tgi fridays
Door Host (Former Employee) –  London4 May 2018
A lack of care for there employees, they don't pay for what they make us do every day and they do not have sufficient hours to give everyone on a weekly basis.
Pros
great atmosphere at work
Cons
bad pay and employer care isn't there
Awful place to work
Door host (Former Employee) –  Prestwich, Greater Manchester4 May 2018
If you want to be a door host I wouldn’t suggest applying to work here. Your job will to clean toilets throughout your shift. At the end of the day it’s your job to clean all the windows and baby seats, menus etc. They lie about what wage you will on. All together it’s just awful. They will bully you out of working there.
Cons
No social life
Great working environment
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Gloucester, Gloucestershire3 May 2018
Loved working here, only down side and reason for smooth exit was the long hours and minimal pay, pay mistakes etc. I would work here again though for definite
Pros
Discount
fun and fast paced
w/w assist (Former Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire30 April 2018
I only worked there for a short amount of time, but received around 60 hours of training which was appreciated, staff are valued and receive recognition in the form of badges and prizes (I won a £50 amazon voucher for example). Good job if you don't mind accepting various amounts of hours, e.g. between 4-40. Very fast paced environment, optimistic team makes it worth it.
Pros
free lunch if you work an 11 hour shift minimum
Cons
variable hours
Fun and challenging work place
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Coventry UK17 April 2018
I loved working at TGI Fridays as it gave me the experience and skill that i have today to make me fast and efficient in the working environment. A typical day at work would involve cleaning taking orders and sitting people down at the restaurant.
management are fair and make sure your work life is in balance always making sure you are happy.
Pros
50% off food
Stressful but fun
Host (Former Employee) –  High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire17 April 2018
This job was a difficult one to leave. I absolutely loved but hated working here. the shifts could be stressful asf and very very busy but i loved the people i worked with and most customers were a pleasure to deal with. There are so many roles and opportunities in this place
Friendly environment, very fast pace
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear17 April 2018
I enjoyed my time there. The team members were encouraged to think of each other as family and I did enjoy the close friendly community the job provided. I learnt a lot about the industry from the long training weeks, which i was very grateful for. the hardest part of the job was being on your feet all day, always with something to do, your own tasks or helping others. A typical day would be very busy filled with customers to serve, taking orders, serving food, entertaining the guests, cleaning and setting tables, and keeping the ship running smoothly.
Pros
double shift workers got a free meal
Cons
lack of hours for part time members (my reason for leaving)
Fun
Waiter (Current Employee) –  Derby, Derbyshire17 April 2018
Very fun place to work. The team members are fun and outgoing and provide a great atmosphere to work in. The toughest part of the job is the doing the work of 3 people all day long!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at T.G.I Fridays. Our community is ready to answer.

51.3K