T.G.I Fridays
Coronavirus update
Information from T.G.I Fridays:

T.G.I Fridays Employee Reviews

United Kingdom558 reviews
It’s a really fast paced and challenging place to work have to be ready for a busy day at any point can turn from quite to busy enjoyable at times but very stressful at other times
Pros
Get to work as part of a good team
Cons
Late finishes
1. Free food on shift if you worked over 12 hours
2. 50% off food for you and 2 of your friends

3. Very flexible schedule especially for someone studying at university

There are that many negative aspects of working within TGI Fridays, that If I were to write them all it will take me a whole day. Let’s just focus on the key cones.

1. Management guys you are terrible. If anyone consider working for TGI Fridays please for god sake don't even think about it!!! This job made me depressed! I was lively full of energy and I loved the life, but when I joined TGI everything has changed. Managers were awful! From day one they will give you no support/please don't suggest on whatever is being written on their website cause everything is a lie! After two weeks you will be asked to run your own sections and if you make one mistake you will be either fired or disciplinary punished who does that!! If you decided to ask managers, why you got punished they will smile and walk away from you making you feel miserable.

People who worked at TGI knows how horrible front of staff are - they are rats - snitches - 2 faces people - never trust them!!! Workers at Tgi will do everything to get promoted into team leader and then assistant Manager. The worst thing about it is that every day managers will see snitches in their offices saying stuff about others. I am asking you guys now - how can you work in the environment where you always know that what every you say/ do will be listened by a person beside you and then used against you?

If you are ready to get depressed, then please feel free
 - more...
Cons
12 hours or 10 hours
The store was always bustling and everyone always put in 100%. There's a culture within the environment that you are part of something bigger and you are rewarded for your hard work, regularly recognised for extra effort.
Pros
Shift Meals
Terrible company to work for clock in for shifts but get paid for less hours but no one takes responsibility. 6 restaurant managers in 6 years. progression only if someone already works in store and promotes you. Senior managers don’t have the skills to do their jobs and spend their time in the office or outside on a cig break. Lots of discrimination to non English staff. Want so much from you but give little back
Pros
Cons
Poor unsupportive management, poor pay, poor kitchen cleanliness, serves rotten veg
Lonely management. Helpful understanding relaxed people. Weekly pay never late or wrong . Only problem I had was working with lazy cleaners who took advantage of relaxed management.
Pros
Lots
Cons
Lazy co workers
loved working here till i got made redundant
most enjoyable was running smooth shifts keeping my staff motivated and meeting targets

keeping on top of day to day tasks

learned to be proud of my store run the restaurant as my own taking ownership

keep on top of legal docs temps all day
Pros
£12 meal allowance every day worked
Cons
staying on if staff in the weeds
I gained people skills in a fast paces restaurant where your always running around getting a things done.
I learnt a lot of new things I never knew about a kitchen and food.
Tgi was a family to me.
I am still friends with a lot of the people I worked with.

The problem with these big chains are the overload of work, too many tables for one waiter, basically understaffed .

Some locations are better than others in scheduling the right staff....

Managers are usually very helpful and they deal fairly well with our concerns, progression is something that they really invest in. Hours can be long and tips can vary from location to location. It's a great job for students and people who have big shiny personalities. You will meet s lot of strong characters there.
Pros
Fun environment, laid back
Cons
Long hours, money isn't great, money instability
Working at tgi Fridays was a tough experience as waiter m. It is a very busy place so on occasion orders may get mixed up and confusion may occur. The restaurant space is not big.
Pros
Good social environment
Cons
Bad pay
Buen ambiente y condiciones de trabajo, y pagan cada minuto que trabajas.
a typical day included making deserts, serving food, cleaning tables and the shop floor. It was a fun experience. The management were helpful. The workplace was fun, fast paced and i enjoyed partaking in activities such as singing happy birthday to guests as i haven't seen another restaurant do this before.
Most days can be very fast paced and some may find it difficult and stressful. However with the the training given by the company you are taught how to deal with it and make serving guests easier.
Pros
A great team that makes work fun
It has been a great experience to work in TGI Friday's. Safe environment Working around different types of social life cultures and feel the energy and experience that each individual person in the works place got. The manager's teams know how to look after each individual who work in Sheffield store. Fair treat and equal responsibility on jobs tasks to be accomplished. Each individual helps each other to keep going and make sure the our position in the region is high expected. Around you feels so great working with different types people, who knows how makes you feel that you are amount your family. I respects each other's and the rules in place.
Fun working environment, long shifts minimal breaks. Management can be a hit or miss depending on what your location/job role is. Co-workers are amazing and the best thing about it.
hard work for little to no money and harsh management good people to work with had a real family feel 50% of food for you and family and friends but with a wage so low you need that 50% just to afford the food , quite laughable to be honest
Terrible management, terruble pay, just all round terrible.
You can be really poorly and nobody cares, can get injured at work and nobody cares. Just avoid.
Wouldn’t recommend working here at all they treated me so badly whilst I was pregnant I was never allowed to sit down or have enough breaks they never did any sort of risk assessment for me.
Cons
I found it hard to settle in there and it's very disorganised and cluttered. Nothing runs smooth and you aren't appreciated like you should be. The salary doesn't accommodate your life and social life doesn't exist. You can help out and cover people's shift if need be but then you get treated worse if you need some time off. Especially family reasons. They were supportive at first but then didn't care or bother bother
A very fast paced kitchen - if you're looking for a quiet job this isn't for you! Busiest kitchen I've ever worked in but I love it! If you're hard working and driven, there's great training and the ability to progress at your own pace.
Rota's are distributed through an app which is super useful and has been the best system I've had in a job.

Managers are supportive and really care about their team. Overall, it's well managed.

Paid weekly and pay checks are now online.

Only negative is pay isn't high enough for the work expected and compared to other businesses in the industry. But this is hopefully being rectified soon.
A fast-paced, team centred environment which is also really fun and enjoyable! You get to meet new people every day as well as having plenty of regular guests!
2 weeks no contract
broke licencing 3 times, did nothing once reported to other manger

Steak fell on floor still served by manger

Underpaid overworked