Syneos Health Clinical
Coronavirus update
Information from Syneos Health Clinical:

Syneos Health Clinical Employee Reviews

United Kingdom20 reviews
Since the merger cost cutting at the expense of quality has become normal, no formal recognition of achievements. Quite disconnected between departments.
The most enjoyable part of work is connecting with site's, providing support through independent initiatives, and creativity.
Typical week is working from home 1-2 days and traveling 2-3 days all around England via trains.
There is no lack of work here, so there seems to be job stability here.
Great place to work if starting in a junior position, but not much opportunity for career growth after that.

Company needs to invest more in developing management staff to retain good people and keep them motivated.

Systems are always changing not giving one time to adapt to the new ones. This can be quite disruptive when bringing your team up to speed with meeting milestones.

If your Line Manager is on your study there may be a clash with helping with any career development. This depends on the team and department you work in.
Big company. You are just a number. Lots of promises about reducing your workload, but nothing change. Managers are never there when you need them. Your Line manager write your performance review, and have no idea how you actually work.
Pros
Flexibility.
Cons
Progression is slow even if your performance is outstanding, Workload is unsustainable long-term, poor management.
fast paced environment
expectations of productivity normal in this environment

great teams

motivated individuals

busy workload

been working for 5 years with Syneos and I love the company and the culture
Pros
friendly atmosphere
Cons
sometimes long hours
New to UK, potential to become a strong player in the Contract Sales Organisation(CSO) Marketplace, once initial teething problems sorted. Otherwise a CSO similar to other in the market
Pros
Cons
Contract Sales
You don't have any opinion . Most of the things plan from US corporate office top level . You have been only asked to follow the instruction .
no personal growth
Pros
Growing Company
Cons
no individual employee growth in knowledge /money
Flexi time was of great benefit for staff
Clear career paths and opportunities for advancement, regular management reviews

Too much workload for staff in records department when I was there - additional workload piled on existing team rather than employing necessary new employees
I have been working at INC for few months but I can say it was my best working experience in terms of training, team player culture and professionalism.
Pros
Training is very important
Cons
Excessive workload
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Syneos Health Clinical?
Professional and functional atmosphere proving to be a good place to learn industry systems and processes.
Helpful team and a variety of studies to work on.
Pros
Good systems training
Cons
Long distance to travel
Only worked for INC for 5 months so not to much to say.
Good work life balance.

Salary very good but benefits not great, the company pension scheme is not very good they only gibe you a 5% of your total salary.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Managemeny
Great company to work for. Looks after their employees.
Good progression prospects

Strong work life balance

Really friendly environment in the Camberley office.
Pros
Good career progression
Cons
Although the job involved a lot of hours very rewarding and the staff was very much recognized for their hard work
Very fair

Flexible working hours

The training provided was very good and suited to the job
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Long Hours
Good atmosphere and lively culture. Great location to work in. Varied client base and interesting spread of creative work. Good work-life balance and (certainly used to have) good creative leadership
A typical day at work was exhilarating and exciting with a fairly large amount of travel
I learned about leadership and psych drugs

Management offered substantially clear direction and was good at listening

My co-workers were hard working and understanding

The job was intensive but fun so it is hard to say something about it was difficult

My team made my job fun!
Pros
Leadership
Cons
I often worked 6 days a week, relatively large amount of travel
I have gained a good expirience in the Clinical Data Management. Atmosphere at workplace is good. Good team work and working to deadlines.
My job varies on day to day which is good. The maintenance of the TMF, taking minutes, QC of the TMF for Sponsor Audits, set up of ISFs for sites, sending out Site Contracts these are just some of the day to day responsibilities. The company provides web based training for all staff and its all set up for you, which is plus but also a down side as Face to Face trainings are sometimes more efficient. The times of work can vary which is good especially for those who travel a long distance to come to work so it means you have flexible working hours.
Pros
Flexibility to working hours
Cons
No clear career progression for CTAs
My role at Novartis (contracted through inventive health Clinical) was very varied.

I had the opportunity to develop my administration skills within a Global Organisation.
I will get into work and see my boss, who will tell me what needs to be done by me that day, it could be data entry of confidential material, receipting it or filing it away. I could be working on the helpdesk, which is for people all over the world if they were having problems with certain systems on the computer, that could be tickets they have sent in or phone calls.
I have a very good relationship with my co-workers and we are always ready to help each other if there is a problem.

I don't really think that any particular part of my job is difficult, it is just a case of doing whatever I am given.

Most enjoyable part is getting on really well with my colleagues and when helping someone on the phone with their query on the helpdesk and them being happy.
Pros
Flexible hours, holidays, sick pay scheme, pension and health plan
Cons
Cannot think of any cons, the company moving to Lewes, that is why I am looking for a new job
.Lmy typical day was to maintain a high standard of efficiency at reception. I worked for 11 years with this company, where I learned to prioritise my workload, due to the volume of eork that was done at reception. I mainly worked on my own, but have the ability to work as part of a team. The hardest part of mt job was the transport to and from glasgow. My most enjoyable part of the job was my role at reception and the people I worked with.
Pros
private healthcare
Cons
heavy traffic travelling to work