Play YouTube video button

Sykes Enterprises, Incorporated Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Found 35 reviews matching the search See all 6,947 reviews
Featured review
Sykes Enterprises, Incorporated selected this as a representative review
Family
Relationship Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Remote15 September 2019
All the benefits of working for a massive corporation, opportunities to learn & develop. Genuinely feels like a close knit family... company values are spot on.
Working for Sykes
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh23 October 2019
When you come to Edinburgh and you would like to work in Customer service I would recommend you to go to work to Sykes, as you can gain great customer service experience.
I worked at City commercial cards department and although it was sometimes stressfull, there are great team leaders and colleagues. They help each other, there is a friendly environment
Stressfull, low pay, constant complaining and mismanagement from above
Customer Service Representative/Call Center (Current Employee) –  Edinburgh23 October 2019
* highly underpaid staff are unappreciated and continuously blamed for the companies own failings
* management will not take responsibility for you being unable to do your job because they have not done theirs
* company doesn't care about retaining staff, low paid staff are disposable to the company
Pros
Cons
Bad working enviroment, low pay, untrained managers, no accountability for mistakes
Mullti-cultural work place
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Edinburgh27 August 2019
A nice place to work as the people there are very nice and help you at your work. The conditions are quite good, however there are not many advancement opportunities to climb the ladder. And the salary is quite low considering the work you do and the UK standards.
It's been an education into the way a call centre works.
Customer Service Advisor (Full-time) (Current Employee) –  Edinburgh27 July 2019
My experience in dealing with difficult customers has been invaluable. I have gained an enormous amount of experience with working in a very demanding environment.

They are quiet supportive in an individuals development and try to encourage how to become better customer service advisors.
I wouldn't recommend it here
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh22 July 2019
I suppose it's a good stepping stone job but this place asks far too much of its employees and often gives out extra tasks with the vague veneer of advancement but it's really just to get more work done that management can't handle themselves. HR proceedings are rushed and far too informal and the pay is far too low for what is normally being asked of people.
Good
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Edinburgh5 July 2019
Sykes progression policy is the not very good. People who want to progress is very hard and all about timing. I was asked in my interview if I would like to progress and naturally I said yes because I progressed with every company I worked for. I find the progression aspect very demotivating
Pros
Close to where I live
Cons
Salary
Productive nice place to work but client management was horrible
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh24 June 2019
Worked for hsbc in Edinburgh, team leaders were okay nothing special, the account manager was terrible, never talked to him or the other beside him once. He was very ignorant.
Management would often buy food for themselves and never offer staff when the staff always offered them.

General good place to work nice people all in all
Pros
Stability
Cons
Short breaks bad management
Productive workplace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  500 Shaw4 June 2019
Sykes is the best BPO industry which caters professionalism and integrity of it employees. the environment there is very cheerful which makes work more manageable.
Pros
Free parking
Cons
shifting work schedule
Employee- less satisfaction
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh Airport2 June 2019
Fun teams to work with despite poor management.
Management is poor, very target oriented, combined with low salary and not adequate care of the employees does not make the best place to work. The employee has very little benefits- although it may vary due to client group.
Customer Service .
Job consist in trying to provide best professional customer service to our customers.
In this job, I have to take many information fast and evaluate what is the problem that customer is having, as well as providing the best way to solve customers's issues.

This job requires to have soft skills and excellent communication skills as well as professional, kind and respectful attitude.

I'm currently working at home, however, the office environment is very friendly.
The hardest part of the job is the night shift im currently doing and the constant volume of calls.

The most enjoyable part of the job is when customers are happy with your service because you did your best to help them.
Good Start
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Edinburgh16 May 2019
Very nice work collegues with a lot of good work/life balance.
Very enjoyable to work here, always a good environment, This is a great place to start a career.
Save yourself
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Edinburgh24 January 2019
Sykes Edinburgh has no employee culture despite what they try to demonstrate. They have an awful absence policy and try to make you feel bad and give you disciplinaries after 6 absences in 12months. Pressure you into coming to work when you are contagious and makes you feel bad for mental health issue.

Managers are praised and never get into trouble and HR does nothing and do not even do their main job properly except pursue employees for the smallest thing.

There is little to no communication when people leave why they leave and no one wonders why half a team departs at the same time.

PLEASE DO NOT APPLY THERE FOR YOUR OWN SANITY
Sleeping quarters is pretty much comfortable
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Shaw Boulevard21 January 2019
Fun and exciting for every account that I worked for. Lots of incentives that we received for every challenge like selling products. Exciting in the sense of production activities.
Pros
There are sometimes free lunch and freebies for every seminars attended.
Cons
Overtime pay
It probably won't kill you?
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh10 January 2019
If you would like to get up in the morning to receive abuse from strangers for something you have no control over from early morning to late afternoon, and get paid peanuts to do so, work at Sykes.

Significantly impacted my physical and mental health. Was ridiculed and bullied by some coworkers for being "too weak". Was not given enough time off to see a doctor about the work related issues that arose, and this was something that happened to many of my colleagues as well. We were often coerced into working despite being very ill, by threats of official warnings, repeated HR meetings, and very restricted sick leave. The entire floor was often sick and losing their voices as we were constantly infecting each other.

Management sent out emails around christmas threatening to revoke sick pay and reduce holidays for anyone who took time off in December/January.

Generally felt like a prisoner.
Pros
Kept me from starving, terrible work environment created some close bonds between workers
Cons
Everything else
learn to work
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh28 December 2018
Good place to work when you arrive to UK, it opens doors for career step up. It depends on the client you work for, be careful with the team and following management rules.
I enjoyed wotking with SYKES
Customer Service Representative (CSR) (Former Employee) –  shaw boulevard24 October 2018
My typical day at work was that i want my day to become productive,and what I learned most is that how to really collect with out the help from my Bosses and my colleagues,.My workplace culture is that i wanted to have it with a sense at all..While, the hardest part of the job was that when the client wanted to pay and when things are okay they will ask for a big discount so the computation will make a difference so we have to recompute it once more..Whilst, the most enjoyable part of the job is that you will have the chance to enjoy the happiest moment in your life since collection is really my forte,,
Pros
would be the love of being a collector
Cons
cons would be the discounts that clients would ask for
good
csr (Former Employee) –  shaw14 September 2018
good in salary and job giver consistent in salaries and pro agent in narture. i reccomend it to the new agents who need experience and stabilty of career
good
Cons
low salary
Not recommended
Customer Service Advisor (Full-time) (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh30 August 2018
The position had been described as Customer Service Advisor with one foreign language but at the end of the training I was informed it's in fact British Customer Service Advisor + Customer Service Advisor with the foreign language when needed (on a rare occasion). I wouldn't mind that but had not been told so before. Also the remuneration should correspond to using two different language lines on a daily basis, but it doesn't (roughly couple hundred pounds a year more than English native speakers). In addition working hours changed. The company told us this language team works 9 to 5.30 without mentioning the necessity to work on two language lines. I have talked to a number of colleagues and it seems like the company misinforms the candidates on purpose to avoid diminishing its chances to hire the additional number of foreign empoyees (once they accept the offer and start the training, it's difficult to quit) as employees come and go all the time. Support from the TL to resolve the problem next to none. The company's response and actions highly disappointing.Would not recommend to anyone
Pros
parking, good training
Cons
general misinformation, salary, hours, management
Training insufficient that makes you feel stressed in the process.
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh3 July 2018
After the first 1 week of doing nothing there but just listening to some online modules totally irrelevant with the subject you work on, they will put you on the phone as they need asap agents.It made me feel stressed and confused.Not nice way to start as I felt unable to help customers and do my job properly.
Pros
1 hour break on 8hour shift(used to have just 30 in my previous job)
Cons
Bad training, supervisors are for decoration instead of help and support
Great Company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Shaw15 May 2018
Good benefits and people are so amazing to work with.In terms of social activities, Sykes is so active and making sure that their employees are having a relax time. You can never say any negative thins on Sykes. Working at Sykes is such an achievement.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sykes Enterprises, Incorporated. Our community is ready to answer.

51.8K