Sykes Enterprises, Incorporated
Coronavirus update
Information from Sykes Enterprises, Incorporated:

Sykes Enterprises, Incorporated Employee Reviews

United Kingdom115 reviews
Due lung disability had to resign as no possible office adjustments could be done. The trainer was very nice and understanding. Good opportunity to practuce the language.
Pros
nice colleagues, language, nice town
Cons
no disable accommodating possibilities.
No advancement opportunities if you work from home, despite promises. Happy to move jobs to Romania then force redundancy. Terrible attitude from most senior management, far more interested in their own career than doing anything meaningful. Clear bias against those unable to work in house.
Pros
Work from home for some clients.
Cons
Everything else.
I worked for Sykes for almost two years on the PlayStation account. The first year wasn’t too bad, I had a manager I got along with and the people in my team were great. The second year I was moved to a new team and then the bullying began. Not only was I bullied by another team member who was apparently going to be investigated for gross misconduct which results in instant dismissal, I was also bullied by my Team Leader which resulted in me being put on antidepressants and submitting a formal complaint. Within two weeks of submitting my formal complaint and receiving no follow up, and no action taken against the manager - I was fired. As were three other people that had complained about the same manager.
The other member of staff that was being investigated was also promoted. Logic? None. So if you want to be bullied, run into the ground, and treat like dirt? Go ahead. Work here.

I’d strongly advise against it though.
Pros
The only good thing I got from Sykes was the friends I made.
Cons
Awful management that believe bullying is the way to treat their staff
My team is multicultural and super supportive of each other I love my job! I was trained for the work required and enjoy every aspect of it, especially helping people.
Skyes global services is located on the edge of the city near fife. long bus ride from Edinburgh, the office building is long walk from the bus stop. The offices are decent and people are okay. All in all they are fine.
Job Adverts look appealing, and like you I thought this sounds good too! I checked the reviews but stupidly didn’t listen which is my biggest regret in my career yet. The company are pretty much a shambles it’s a total mess, management are rude and shout anyone would think you are back at school. If you’re desperate for a job look elsewhere I wouldn’t even work here for your own mental health because you won’t be treated with any respect, look at other home based jobs there are a lot
A typical day varies extremely based on the langauge you support, and they do not hire according to the call volume. For example, the german team took around 60 calls a day each, where as my team sometimes took less than 20 each on the same day.

Most of the computers were only just functioning, the screens extremely outdated. Half the keyboards barely even worked and there would frequently be large amounts of computers broken so there would be lack of seating during the workday.

Lots of lovely people in the office, but extremely high turnover, and most of the office will have entirely new faces within 8 months.
Though my account is a seasonal account, trainers and TLs are very much approachable and has an excellent work environment. Definitely a company that I can recomment to my friends and family
Pros
Above minimum wage

Easy (but you have to put up with horrible members of the public)

Cakes and fruit on Fridays, other random competitions with prizes (from lanyards to playstation consoles)

Floor staff are nice and helpful

Cons

Equipment is down alot

You are expendable

It has that horrible corporate feel to it

Management don't care about you

Supervisors were mainly power tripping

I worked here for a while and if you can deal with horrible corporate style management it is fine to work here. There isn't real job security though as so many people will apply to this place they don't care about losing you

I left because I had booked a holiday before I started and the girl who was supposed to organise this time off claimed to have messed up the dates and they would not give me my dates. I know she had lied as I was there when she wrote the dates down. However I think they don't care about retaining staff as people had been off sick and threatened passive aggressively that they will lose their job if off again. I was once penalised for being less than 5 mins late because there had been a car accident on the road to work, they said I need to get an earlier bus - the bus I got was already normally 45 mins early!

Apart from these instances I actually enjoyed the job and recommended a friend to work there.

But how Sykes is award winning I will never know
fun environment, tho it is very fast faced environment, mostly graveyard shift since we are supporting USA clients. Has good benefit and good people.,
I worked for them and despite passing their test more than once still failed me on probation. You are not allowed to make a mistake even though the senior staff constantly do. I'm sure it's a fun productive work place as long as you have already been there for ages and are well established in their boys club.
Pros
free bananas on a friday
Cons
long hours, criticism from supposedly subject matter experts who get it wrong.
Awful work culture with very high turnover. Management is very intrusive and drives candidates and employees away. Work is stressful and monotonous. Punctilious attitude.
Under appreciated, bad management, management don’t care how well you are doing in your job you’re criticised.
Good colleagues to work with though, but not worth it.
Pros
Good team
Cons
Bad management and under appreciated
The job itself is very easy and not challenging at all, but is also very stressful due to the customers you talk to on a daily basis - they are more often rude and there isn't much support in place for these occasions. When there is an IT meltdown (which is very often) it isn't handled well at all. Systems can be up and running one minute and down the next, which makes it hard to work and you can sometimes just be left at your desk with nothing to do.

The pay is ok, but when compared to the main businesses, you are getting a lot less of a salary than deserved for the work ethic.

On the upside, the staff are lovely and the team lead I had was the highlight of the job. Most of the staff surrounding you are very supportive. Although HR are very unforgiving in any kind of circumstance.
Environnement de travail agréable, milieu international. Possibilité de pratiquer les langues étrangères couramment. Disponibilité à l'écoute de la part des cadres. Horaires de travail paisibles.
I hope they will provide more benefits for their employees such as retirement plan or anything that will help their employees grow and be stable. We are looking to a more exciting and fun working place and environment.
I learned a lot working with SYKES Asia, They treat like a family.. People are nice and friendly. They also provide a competitive package. About the management they always ask about how they can our workplace and they always communicate with their agents.
Good opportunities for those who have a passion to progress. Good internal growth programs. Can be demanding dependant on what role you hold, however expectations are clear before committing to the challenge.
I have been working with Sykes since January 2015, starting out as an agent and worked my way up to Team Leader. Syked offered great development opportunities as long as I showed willingness to improve and go the extra mile. Friendly colleagues, reasonable demands and a multitude of clients looking for different skillsets. I have thoroughly enjoyed my experience and the support given by my managers. Not everything is great and there are definitely some improvements that could be done in certain areas, but overall a really good place to work.
A relaxed and supportive work environment which has an active interest in the advancement of their staff within the company. Every day is different and there are plenty of opportunities for advancement available after the initial probationary period.
When you come to Edinburgh and you would like to work in Customer service I would recommend you to go to work to Sykes, as you can gain great customer service experience.
I worked at City commercial cards department and although it was sometimes stressfull, there are great team leaders and colleagues. They help each other, there is a friendly environment
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sykes Enterprises, Incorporated. Our community is ready to answer.
1.9K