Syft Employee Reviews

Flexible work
Waitress/Bar Staff (Current Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire17 August 2019
Great place to work for if you want to be able to pick and choose when you work. Great for University students. Most work is on Fridays and weekends, but still work going throughout the week. You often meet other syfters on the job which can fun and you feel like you're not alone. Work is usually simple and easy to get your head around. Payment starts at £9.50/hour!!

If you put in my code KATIP14 then you'll get £20 bonus on your first shift! Lets doooo this!

Would highly recommend syft!
Great workplace
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire10 July 2019
Very supportive staff and long hours go byquickly
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
cleaner, security stewarding, bar or wine staff (Former Employee) –  Manchester24 June 2019
a good hospitality agency to work for especially for students or those looking or a second job. However, it may be difficult to rely on it for your primary source of income as there is no certainty of work - your shifts can be cancelled at the last minute, and sometimes there may be no shifts available for a few days. there are sometimes training opportunities for advancement.
great flexibility
Catering Assistant, General Assistant (Former Employee) –  London22 June 2019
Pros
often free lunches, flexibility
Cons
uncertainty of work, difficulty in contacting managers
Never work for syft.
Various Positions (Former Employee) –  London21 June 2019
This may be the worst support team I've ever seen.

I put in a simple request for a P45 and it has been 3 months I have still received nothing. Every time I follow this request up all I am told is 'this is been past on to the relevant team and you should receive it within 2 weeks.' Which is useless information and frankly a lie. You should be ashamed that you would treat a past employee like this. I used to recommend friends and other students to Syft but now I will be telling everyone to stay away from you're employment. Absolute Joke.
Great Idea!
Bar Staff (Current Employee) –  Midland19 June 2019
Wish I'd discovered Syft sooner, it really is an amazing idea especially for university students who can pick and choose when to work. In my area you have to be very fast to accept the shifts so probably not ideal if you needed solid work but for people looking for the odd shift here and there it is perfect as it is so simple.
With time I hope the app gets redesigned and more user friendly, such as being able to see a calender of when shifts are available rather than having to scroll through everything.

Use the code KATIP20 to get a £20 bonus with your first shift!
Pros
Minimum wage £9.50 an hour, flexible, you choose what works for you
Cons
Having to scroll through all the shifts
great temporary agency
General Staff Member (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands19 June 2019
the managers are friendly. they provide great on-boarding training that helps them determine job roles most fitted to the individual. They send you various job opportunities to various locations and often provide transport if the destination is far maybe unreachable e.g. Stratford race course or Coventry.
Pros
good pay. flexible hours
Cons
job opportunities are taken very fast
Flexible
WAITRESS (Current Employee) –  London12 June 2019
It is very flexible, allowing staff to "be their own boss" by choosing the job and days they want to work. However, it can get hard to get the job, especially in London as other people might accept the jobs before you do (in the case offered)
Good pay but unreliable
Festival Worker, General staff (Former Employee) –  Holborn, Greater London10 June 2019
Syft is an agency which supplies jobs for people, but also you can apply for jobs. I joined syft because I was unable to find a job for the summer- initially it seemed like the ideal job because you could choose your salary and accept jobs that you wanted to take, however, it became very unreliable because every job that I applied for was never accepted.
Sometimes I will get a notification for a job that is an hour away from where I live, 10 minutes before the shift starts, therefore, it causes an inconvenience when you are late, as you receive a strike, therefore, meaning i would have to decline the job offer.

Despite the fact that I was verified by the employer for those jobs, Therefore, I want ti find a full time job that is permanent and consistent, as I would like to be making consistent income.
Pros
Paid every Thursday
Cons
Unreliable, Inconsistent, Last minute
Great Management and hourly rates.
Bar Staff (Current Employee) –  London2 June 2019
Syft is an excellent agency to work for. Their hourly rates are what stand out the most as they are the highest in the market, this pay is more than fitting of the clientele they have. Furthermore of all the places I have previously worked at with Syft, the conditions have always been sublime and very easy to work in- making it easier to learn vital skills in order to be able to progress my career.
Really good paid and fun workplace
Waiting Staff/Bar Staff (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London24 May 2019
IF YOU WANT 20£ FOR FREE; use this code BEFOFE starting your first shift : ANAC18
.Really good paid comparing to other companies. 9.5£ as the minimum rate but You can select your pay. If you don’t want to be paid below 11£ they will only offer you 11£ job.
I’ll recommend it.
Really polite people at work. I found fun working here because you work in different places everyday and with different people, so that’s super enriching in terms of learning.
Also Syft have really good locations so you will always be working at a safe place.
Pros
Good paid; polite people; fun environment; constant movement; sometimes free food
Cons
Hard at the beginning; sometimes long shifts; carry a lot of weight
Flexible work, but poor management/communication
worker (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester21 May 2019
when I first started working for Syft everything was fine. I enjoyed the weekly payments and the satisfaction that if anything went wrong regarding my payslip, employers, etc I could email or call in to get the problem resolved.

However, I have recently restarted working for the company after about nine months off for study, and was met with a few changes. These changes being the fact you can no longer call in, which would be fine if emails were actually respond to. You now get payed every three weeks, which is okay. I find that employers can be extremely rude, which is frustrating when you have no-one from Syft to voice your concerns to.

Plus there are now hardly any jobs to choose from. I thought I was the only one with this issue, but after speaking with a few other co-wokers I found I was not. With syft the cons are really starting to outweigh the pros.
Pros
Good pay, flexible
Cons
Rude employers, poor management/communication, they don't seem to care about workers
Productive and fun, always different
Hospitality Staff (Current Employee) –  Northwest, Cheshire20 May 2019
Good for extra cash and its very flexible. Get to meet new people in the job. Learn new skills and choose when and what work you would like to do. Great company.
Productive and Fun Workplace
Waiting Staff/Bar Staff, General Staff (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London11 May 2019
During my typical workday, I make sure the work area is ready before we open, once we are open I as well as my team take responsibility to make sure every customer that comes leaves satisfied. I greeting and serve customers with a welcoming smile and make sure our stock is full so we don’t have to go to the back and make our customers wait. After closing the shop the team and I clean up our workplace and get it ready for the next day.

I have learned that when customers are happy and satisfied with our service they are more likely to recommend our company to their friends and families, and a lot can be done if we work as a team. The hardest part of the job is the cleaning part in the end but it can be done, the most enjoyable part of the job is seeing customers happy and satisfied with our service.
Pros
Free Lunch (if shift is 8+ hours), grate team and customers, grate salary and long hours.
Cons
Hard to find the exact location we have been given.
Great flexibility and pay
Hospitality Staff (Current Employee) –  Leeds21 April 2019
Great place to work. Minimum £9/ hour which rises depending on demand I.e. £12/per hour. Put in referral code PAIGA4 and get £20 bonus for first shift
Pros
Good pay and flexibility
Cons
Shifts not always long hours
Easy place to work, best paid zero hour agency but poor management
Bar Staff (Current Employee) –  London3 April 2019
Was really great until they hired too many people, as it was clear they did not have the resources to deal with so many staff.
Many people not being paid on time, or not receiving their payslips at all. Payroll purposely splitting up payslips, so your shifts in that one week were split into 2-3 payslips as if you worked them across different weeks. I’m no accountant but I do believe doing this affects tax

Also, terrible communication, sending an email and not getting a reply till weeks to months later or having to message the ceo directly to get things sorted.

Then there’s the change in payment.
Because of the vast amount of people they hired and lack of office staff (or possibly incompetent staff) they’ve stopped paying weekly and now pay every 2-3 weeks. It’s funny that they can’t manage to pay staff every week but during the Christmas period were able to pay staff the next day after every shift. Once again I’m no accountant but pretty sure my payslip wasn’t the only one looking strange on the tax side
Pros
Best paying agency, open bar employee party, can work when u want
Cons
Rude employers, paid every 2-3 weeks, terrible communication
Great environment and fits lifestyle
Temprary Staff (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands2 April 2019
As a student, I don't always have time for a full-time or temporary job with set hours so Syft allows me to pick the rolls that fit my timetable.

Also, don't forget to use the referral code to get an instant £20 when you sign up: LEWIH12
Pros
Transport and suits your schedule
Well Organised
Staff (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London2 April 2019
Adapted various problem-solving methods to ensure customers were satisfied and provided incentives to de-escalate situations
Responsible for the allocation and set up of goods and materials at shifts.
Very flexible workhours
Hospitality staff (Current Employee) –  Holborn31 March 2019
It is great for students, especially for the flexible hours and as you can decide when to not work and focus on uni and other way round. The pay is great as well and paid after 2 weeky, which is nice. Great for aome extra money. You sort of are your own boss.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Unreliable work in some months, more employees than work
Pointless
none (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester10 March 2019
Went and did an induction for a few hours where we learned about syft an all the benefits, was pretty optimistic after hearing what the staff had to say about it. Upon being verified I have applied for only a few jobs as there is rarely more than 2-3 on there at a time. Even with the jobs it's very unlikely that you will be offered a shift as 100's of people are applying for the very little that is there. Also they liked to mention how pay is at least £9 per hour, however this includes holiday pay and I have never seen any jobs with pay above this. The company is a good idea but would be more worthwhile going into an agency for work. Don't waste your time
Pros
N/a
Cons
No work to apply for