Syft Employee Reviews

Featured review
Syft selected this as a representative review
Syft was my favourite angecy to work with they paid well and the jobs were easy and relaxing. Even they have last minute jobs that would per £13 per hour which was great. My favoruite place to work with the angecy was Tate modern as it super relax and the staff are very nice.
Don’t bother worst place possible honestly you’ll find more progression in life being a cow cleaner than there. Honestly a huge regret in my life I cried every day
Pros
Cons
The whole job and HE
A long winded presentation and interview process, in which they made many claims about their own company. Was a huge waste of my time as no shifts within travel distance unless I spend 5 hours a day travelling. Pay is no better in comparison to other agencies I have worked for. Limited shifts and companies to work for. I have a range of experience in different industries, having worked via agencies for a long time, in multiple different sectors, though the interviewer was not interested in experience. They mass recruit regardless of whether or not they have work in your area or for the industry they 'verify'you for. Recieve multiple emails a day for the same jobs that I cannot travel to, as well as notifications for those same jobs on the app. They claim to be the future of work, which the idea of booking shifts via an app seems great, is a nice concept, but in reality it does not work so well as there is nobody to monitor quality of work or continuity of staff for the employers. No customer service as the 'not recruitment consultants' seem to be busy mass recruiting, updating the app or whatever else they do behind the scenes. I notice that the majority of good reviews and average rating for the app will be found on j deed, which happens to be the parent company, which makes me quite dissapointed with indeed too.
Cons
Great place to work, easy to appy for shifts and great management to answer any queries lots of varied jobs. Enter code ANGYL in the app settings And after you have completed your first shift and you will get a free £20 bonus added to your wage!
Cons
Not many jobs in my area
Syft is a unique way of getting work through various industries, they offer many jobs weekly for you to pick from. I wouldn't recommend this as a full time job, but more part time or to get some extra income when you need it most. Overall recommend!Also enter code SCOTP11 in the app settings after you have completed your first shift and you will get a free £20 bonus added to your wage!
Pros
Easy to pick up shifts
Cons
Shifts are claimed very quickly
Poor Recruitment system ,for youngsters only it can be good not for older people for sure.Lack of real communication ,many people are struggling to find work.
Pros
Lack of Recruitment manament
Cons
Many people looking for only few roles
Use referral code RODEH for a £20 bonus after completing first shift.I found employment with Syft alongside my university studies. Syft allows you the freedom of choosing your own working hours, making it perfect for students or others seeking casual employment. Syft also offers a great hourly rate, higher than other similar agencies.
Pros
Flexible working hours.
Cons
Can be competitive and hard to find shifts.
Not bad if you're a student or have some spare time to make money. In my case, it was frustrating to get verified and start work due to lack of communication but the pay is pretty solid anyway.Use code HAMZK22 for £20 on first shift. goodluck.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Sometimes rude client
Syft is a company where you enjoy coming to work as you really do feel part of the family via their employee friendly culture keeps you motivated to grow and seeing your work contribute to the overall growth of Syft. After 12 months at Syft, I have learned tons about my industry, areas where I can develop further and acknowledged a lot more about the people around me. It is a pleasure to work with such talented people from my colleagues all the way up to senior management. Syft genuinely is a great place to work whether it be in the office or virtually, the combination of growing professionally and enjoying it too, is perfect.
Pros
Employee friendly culture, well being and engagement events, Flexibility, respected leadersip
Cons
Great company to work for!Forward thinking and inclusive. Fun to work with and rewarding. Great opportunities. Would recommend the company to anybody.
Pros
Amazing support
Cons
Every single shift is different as you are applying for different shifts on the app and working with different clients on a daily basis. Some clients are nice while other treat you unfairly just because they can.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Plenty of specific work available such as warehouse work. I started working as a warehouse operative through Syft. There were plenty of shifts available, up to 7 days a week if you wanted to pick them up, although most of these locations required you to be able to drive, as they were unsociable hours (3/4am). The pay is very good but varies between locations (from under £10/hour up to £13/hour). However, you will not be told about what can suspend you from the app. I couldn’t attend a shift and forgot to cancel it, resulting in Syft permanently banning me from using their app to work anymore. Find this ridiculous, as there’s no chance for you to explain why you may have missed the shift. So if you’re willing to accept a shift and definitely attend it, then this app is for you. If you might miss it for personal reasons without notifying them, they’ll remove you!
Pros
Good pay, plenty shifts available
Cons
Cannot miss a single shift, unsociable places to travel for work at unsociable times, the support team will take their time to get back to you and is only through email
You get send to some nice and some not so nice places. It really depends on the managers you're gonna work for. Some are nice, some are arugant and demanding but that goes for any job. But you get to be part of some awesome events and work in some high end offices with great views :)
Quality agency, that pays up to £15 an hour. I recommend this agency to anyone looking for extra work and cash. Can be very challenging for many reasons but it's work.
Pros
Best paid agency, Job always available daily.
Cons
Jobs go quickly, A lot of jobs are to far away
If you struggle with internet usage they sanction you, take you off jobs without notice, pester you every morning after telling them you will work every shift given. The management is poor and unorganised and there’s a powerful lack in communication between SYFT and most of their clients causing issues in the work place. You have to watch it in some companies about driving, SYFT do not tell the client you might be under aged for insurance purposes and so far they’ve made a lot of broken promises
Pros
Good hourly rate
Cons
No benefits or holiday pay even when advertised
app can also be quite difficult to operate on andriod. shifts can be quite inconsistent and disappear quickly. no way of turning of email notifications aswell
At the time I was out of work. I waited for maybe just under 1 month to start which was great at the time. This was at the christmas period so work is plentiful.
Pros
Paid weekly, after 3 weeks
Cons
Not enough shifts in other areas.
It was alright, would have to search for shifts. There could be a drought with regards to shifts. Sometimes pay was a bit tricky. However, good experience.
As a full time student in uni, the flexibility in shifts that Syft offers is exactly what I needed. When you work is all on your terms, and you meet different people every shift. However a lot of people work at Syft so you have to be quick to book shifts because they get taken up so quickly. Tip: To get shifts with higher pay rates, book the last minute ones, meaning the day before or on the day. It may be short notice for you, but if you're free, you'll most likely get higher pay.
Its an agency and I can put my name down for jobs which fit around other commitments so is more flexible, I am looking for a range of different types of work with different opportunities,
Everyone I have worked with has been very professional, the managers are always good at making your job very clear and the wide variety of places to work is good for expanding your horizons.
  1. Employee reviews