Swissport International Ltd. Employee Reviews

good
Ground Handling Agent (Former Employee) –  STN5 July 2018
It was okay to work there as the others working there were good also but I did not like the unsociable hours and the long gaps between getting a weekend off
Pros
good collegues
Cons
Great company to work for
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  London / Gatwick Airport6 June 2018
I just started a couple of months ago at LGW. They are currently handling 3 airlines in this airport (Qatar Airways, Virgin Atlantic and Air Transat).
It's great to work for Swissport as you learn the day-to-day operations of an airline. On your job, on a daily basis, you would be doing Check-in, Boarding, liaising with PRMs, assisting passengers, etc.
In regard to staff, I have to say from bottom-to-top everyone is really friendly and helpful.
Pros
Hourly rate, colleagues, Management
Cons
Break is no paid.
fast paced fun enviroment
Senior Ramp Agent / Team Leader (Current Employee) –  uk14 May 2018
early starts late finishes in a fast paced enviroment can be very fun at times upside and downside is its outdoor work great in nice weather not so nice in the winter
Good
Passenger Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Manchester10 May 2018
I loved working at the airport but i found it very difficult with my lifestyle the hours where early and some shift were long.
I enjoyed boarding passengers that was my favorite thing about working at the airport
great job, baggage handler
Ground Handling Agent (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester8 May 2018
working as a baggage handler you are always the passengers enemy, you will fight the hidden battle of smelly bags and lost luggage. if you are up to the task, its a repetitive job but rewarding place.
Pros
working around the airport
Cons
bad shift starting times
Customer Adviser (Former Employee) –  London Heathrow Airport, Greater London1 May 2018
Everyone is very nice to each other, I learnt and still learning a lot from this place. some amongst many I have learnt here is being Patient and kind to others. I have a gain a lot of understanding to customer services, I love how I get to deal with variety of customers each day
Pros
Good People to work with
Cons
Very Early Start
I love working here.
Ramp agent (Current Employee) –  Manchester20 April 2018
Great place to work experience with aircraft you don't get anywhere else.
The staff are amazing people and can't do enough to help you when on there team.
Large break room with cloths heaters.
Pros
Great work enviroment
Cons
Adverse weather
Worst company ever
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol6 April 2018
Never would I recommend anyone to work here lasted just over 1 month. Management are terrible and they don't have a clue. Don't get paid any extra for night shifts, bank holidays or boxing day.
You can never book any holidays in advance as they "Don't know because they don't know the rosters for the following months ahead".
Before finishing you're shift you have to ask to leave as they could have something else to do which is very common in this job.
Doesn't care about staff
Ramp Agent (Current Employee) –  Northern Ireland6 April 2018
Awful shifts - there is no pattern to shifts at all. One day you could start work at 4am and the next you could start at 7pm. You can never plan anything because you never know when you'll be off. New workers wear black trousers and workers who have been working there longer than 6 months are given red trousers. They like to pick on new workers and give them the horrible shifts and horrible jobs to do. The pay is poor for the work you have to do. There is no extra rate for holidays, Sunday's, or night shifts. Oh and customers luggage is not looked after, if you're being careful with customers luggage you're told by your team leader to 'hurry up' and 'don't worry they're not our bags'. Also management don't issue PPE if you request it and when you start they give you awful PPE that lasts about 3 weeks.
Terrible management
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear5 April 2018
If your face doesn’t fit at swissport you will get nowhere. The management are poor and most sleep their way around the base. If you tread on their toes you are a gonna. Back stabbing at its best. Long serving employees aren’t even indispensable. Find a different job, you’ll be better off.

Want to know more about Swissport International Ltd.?

Ask a question
ok
PASSENGER SERVICE AGENT (Current Employee) –  Doncaster, South Yorkshire3 April 2018
The staff are mostly friendly but you are all seen as a number. Rate of pay doesn't match responsibility and there is no chance for progression in small airports. It is not a career
Welcome to your nightmare.
Baggage Handler (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear24 March 2018
The old guard staff will hate you. The money is a joke. The hours are convenient only for the employers! The work is back breaking and your being watched at all times waiting for you to make a mistake so they can shake their heads. Unless your in with the click. Watch out.
Pros
Huge amount of responsibility
Cons
Back stabbers paradise.
Unfriendly workplace, know one talks to you at all
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Bristol21 March 2018
Done lots of jobs in my time but never have I worked anywhere that is so unfriendly and disorganised. It's a very clicky work environment and literally no1 talks to you from the moment you enter the crew room. If your face fits you'll be ok. For three weeks I was never put on the team sheet at the start of every shift which never starts your day off well. You are made to feel a bit of a burden and even on an escorted pass you get left outside on your own whilst other senior ramp agents just wait inside for aircraft without telling you. The times you do interact and try and make conversation, you get short yes or no answers. Basically after 2 weeks training in the classroom I felt as if I was left to my own devices whereas they should work alongside you and make sure everything is going well etc etc.

It's as if no1 else was never new and in the same situation. And it's not just myself that thinks this.
Pros
Working outside, manual work, 4 days off if working lates
Cons
Low pay even with responsibility around an aircraft worth millions of pounds, not made to feel like part of the team
Managment are a Joke!!
Cleaning agent (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne8 March 2018
First of all I will start with the co workers. They are what keep you there and keep you going. Managment at Newcastle airport are a disgrace they are nothing but lazy bully's who think it is ok to pull people up infront of other workers and shout in there face trying to belittle them. They are not professional what so ever. How these people have managed to get a managers job is beyond me. You can not go higher to make a complaint about these people as they all have each others backs. Nothing but bully's. Teamleaders and supervisors are lazy just stand dish orders out while they stand and do nothing. Stay Clear of swissport terrible work place and terrible wage for what you put up with.
Pros
Co workers
Cons
Managers teamleaders supervisors wage
Good place to work with good staff
Ramp Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Glasgow Airport1 March 2018
Swissport is a good place to work with friendly staff to help you on shift, especially for new colleagues. It can be a very demanding job during the hectic summer months and can be hard going during the cold, wet winter months but if you are prepared to graft and be a good team player then you will fit in well. For me, working outside and having a variety of roles is the best part of the job
Pros
Working outside
Cons
Early rises!!
Shocking
Passenger Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Manchester1 February 2018
I was working for this company for a year. The management clearly don’t communicate and look down on you and never seem to help or get anything done. You work stupid hours and only get 1 weekend off every 6 weeks. No life for someone young. The only advantage and what got me out of bed at 1am was the people I worked on check in with. If you would like to do 3am-3pm shifts and other stupid 12 hour shift like this then go for it if not run for the hills you’ll thank me later!
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
not a good company to work for
Cargo Agent (Current Employee) –  hethrow1 February 2018
after many years service push me out because I was on old contract and replace me a new starter on a lot less money no sick pay less holiday and will have to pay to park
Pros
not a lot
Cons
the management
N/a
Aircraft Dispatcher/Turnaround Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Leeds30 January 2018
The people are great to work with and everyday is different, you have to be on the ball as it is a very fast paced environment, overall it is generally a great place to work and the airport environment is nice
Unorganised, Stressful, Unfriendly.
Passenger Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire29 January 2018
Worst job I have ever had and probably will ever have. Made me so ill I had to leave. Long hours, bad management, supervisors were very horrible unprofessional people.
Pros
Working within an airport
Cons
Long Hours
Very demanding
senior ramp agent , relief manager (Former Employee) –  gatwick airport29 January 2018
The job can change daily , the job was very, time demanding , and involved, every body working together as a team to turn around the aircraft within time , this can sometimes lead , to pressures in all areas , but you have to motivate he staff to the best of there ablties.
Pros
discounted flights
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Swissport International Ltd.. Our community is ready to answer.