Swissport International Ltd.

Swissport International Ltd. Employee Reviews

United Kingdom423 reviews
A typical day would be receiving cages of goods to be delivered to retailers stock rooms where they would sign for it on delivery hand held palms. when they have emptied them you go back & bring back to delivery bay ready to go on lorry.Dealing with retailers was for me the best part as I enjoy talking to people & solving their problems if I can. Hardest part of the job is sometimes the cages can be a bit heavycan be a bit
Pros
Great when everything is on time
Cons
Have to rush when it’s late
Poor management never checked on mental health or home situations of employees, just scrutinised them for being 1 minute late or making a small mistake.

Our management worked directly for the airline, constantly bragging about the perks and free flights they would receive. As handling agent staff we wore the uniform of the airline but received no perks.

Our shifts were all 4-6 hours which meant we were never entitled to a break. No opportunity to go full time. All overtime was taken by casual 0 hour staff who sometimes ended up working more than us on part-time contracts
Pros
Some nice co workers and good airline to work for
Cons
Poor management, no breaks, early starts, short shifts
Interesting role based in airport lounge, always very busy with no two days the same . Fast paced working environment with the added challenges of security.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
Constraints of airport security
Bradford-Swissport Limited combines the best of both worlds to form a dynamic company whose sole purpose is to help airports run great. Leader for the Global Aviation Industry in efficiency, safety, security, and sustainability.
Good place to work. Different every day. Shifts not suitable for everyone. During the summer months a lot of overtime is available. Own transport required.
Swissport were welcoming, and the team I was in were mostly nice people. The management were helpful. The hardest part was sitting around waiting for flights to come in. It was enjoyable seeing the planes come in and go out especially ones we had cleaned. We were part of the process. Also the team was good fun to be with.
I enjoyed my job, I felt supported and knowledgeable in my position and I miss working in my role. I enjoyed meeting customers and working with lovely people.
Management very arrogant no time to listen to your concerns. Some of them so nice not enough training and organised chaos. Training very complicated and other airline staff you work with are very cheeky.
Pros
Girls i worked with
Cons
Everything hours anti social very low pay
the job is fast paced and can be very stressfull at times especially in the summer season
unfortunately low moral and a lot of disgruntled staff

Pay could be a lot better to represent the risks and responsibilities of the job
Management is a joke, they are complete bullies
The worse you treat colleagues the higher you”ll get. Training is non existent but dont make a mistake because you will pay for it
Cons
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Swissport International Ltd.?
Some of the staff are really bad, my brother passed away and I was off come back to be told I was lying totally destroyed been told this I left after about 2 weeks as the manager Barbra could careless what was going on.but the rest of the team and the job its self is good
Not paid enough for a dangerous job. No perks and not looked after or treated as a person. Very sexist and male orientated. Irresponsible people in management roles.
They condone bullying and racism, it’s brushed under the carpet by poor managers who have their favourites. No work life balance, treat staff dreadfully, have no clue on employment law - No breaks and no minimum turnaround time on shifts. Long term favourites pick and choose shifts and your left with what’s left. ABSOLUTELY NO CONFIDENTIALITY VERY BAD FOR YOUR HEALTH -MENTALLY AND PHYSICALLY
Poor company to work for wages always wrong no one will help you work it out. They change your hours whenever they like. Overall just don’t work there!
enjoying working with different people, different background workers, getting trained up on different equipment, working safely around aircraft is very key so no damage is occured that would delay the aircraft.
Pros
downtime
Cons
awkward starting working hours
Starts of as an ideal place but then they start messing with pay you will always be short of hours say you contracted 100hrs a month you will always be down 1st company I've met that they pay system is one of shittest I've seen they are scamming peoples money I'm surprised hmrc haven't paid them a visit as they are scamming colleagues hard earned money holidays dont get me started on this plz
Quando trabalhei em Stansted, bad management all of them
1. A Typical Day at work - Expect to push beyond the expectation. A flight requires 5 man's gang. But mostly you get 4 men with 1 TRL. Which means 1 person in the hold to offload more than 100 bags and two to put the bags on truck and leave the bags to Baggage bay. But on a relaxed day, there's less flight and less stress.
2. What I have learned - To be honest I haven't learned anything which can boost my resume. But apart from the resume, I have learned to work in less resource and push beyond the limit.

3. The hardest part of the job -

a) Working with less man in a gang.

b) Working in the hard weather - especially in a rainy winter season. with wet gloves cold wind and heavy bags with less visibility and slippery gloves.

4.Most enjoyable part - A relaxed day with good weather keep you fit and happy. Duty-free shops with a special discount on Christmas.
Not everyday is the same. You come into contact with so many different people. Between staff and passengers, it becomes a family the airport is a friendly place to work. It can also be stressful if airlines have any delays
Pros
Fun to work in the airline/airport environment
Cons
Working hours unfortunately aren't the most sociable
Swissport Newcastle has zero clues on how to manage staff. The worst place I’ve ever worked. The staff are amazing they are ruled by a tyrannical management.
Pros
Other staff
Cons
Management wages shifts
Unfortunately paid minimum living wage which is poor as the job does carry a certain amount of responsibility ie. Drunken/drug passengers, bomb threats.

Great team of people, 4 weeks of training include 2 weeks classroom based and 2 weeks shadowing another colleague.

It is hard work, but great fun. My ideal job.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Swissport International Ltd.. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9