Swiss Re

Swiss Re Employee Reviews

United Kingdom18 reviews
wide ranging. many skillsets to develop.oppotunities to travel. global company. always striving to move with times and drive change and thought processes in the industry.
Management culture is trying to change but unfortunately there are far too many deeply embedded old school thinkers in the organisation. The pace of change is slow and job protectionism is highly valued over the benefits of change
The people and culture is great but the pay is not in line with the equivalent jobs in the industry.
The company offers a lot of time for self development and covers the costs for industry examinations.
Day to day is never exactly the same.
You have your normal password resets and applications break but you also have times where it's all go and you never seem to stop.

The management are working towards new work styles and structures including workplace agility and employee empowerment which although challenging to implement and adjust to helps to further enhance employee engagement and satisfaction.
I have worked at Swiss Re for just over 15 years and it has seen me grow from an Underwriting Assistant to a Senior Underwriter.

There has been opportunities to learn new skills and develop not only the new skills but existing skills.

It has allowed for global travel and global interactions with not only colleagues but clients and brokers alike.
Company looks after it's employees. Great work and social culture. Fabulous office space. Great investment in people and company. I wish I had never left.
Pros
Everything is top quality
Cons
For me - the commute.
enjoyed my years orking with Swiss Re. The company is an excellent one to work for. Benefits offered to staff are good with high focus on business culture as well as charity work and sustainable business/living.
Pros
free lunch (folkestone office), fun, benefits
it is a fantastic environment to work with. A great dynamic with the team doing the tasks required and achieving a high quality service for the client.
Best company I have worked for, Great benefits, mandatory bonus, training, the relaxed atmosphere, I have worked in the banking sector previously and what a difference it is to the re-insurance sector.
Pros
bonuses, training
Cons
I have none
A typical day involves reviewing medical claim cases and deciding the best next course of action. The role also involves being a part of upcoming and innovative new projects in the medical claims field.
Pros
Clinical Claims Intern
I worked at at Swiss Re as a MoSes Developer for about three years. I had the opportunity to work with several large development and was able to improve my high level actuarial and project management skills. All the project were well planned out and managed in a professional and timely manner. I really enjoyed working at Swiss Re.
Pros
Great company
Cons
Wasn't a permanent position
It was hard to implement change in a work environment that isn’t used to change.
Some line managers do not deal with the team dynamics / politics professionally and as a new employee you could feel victimised.
A challenging and rewarding place to work, with a genuine 'no-blame' culture. Unique in the ability to administer a wide variety of Life & Pensions policy data. Focus on personal development for all employees and a management structure which engages staff.
Pros
Focus on personal development for employees
Cons
Lack of commercial acuteness
A target driven established company dealing predominantly with life and pension products.

People are very friendly and management willing to support your development.

Your achievements are based on daily stats and quality driven targets and your ability to interact well with customers.
Cons
• Providing fund information for Bonds, Endowments and Pensions to existing policy holders and Financial Advisers.
• Sending Policy specific information via post, E-mails and Fax

• Capturing and entering data into various systems in a busy call centre environment with continued pressure and customer demand.
Great relationships with managers & other departments due to being a Subject Matter Expert (SME) and assisting with training & new starter packs for our offshore team.
I worked for me for two years on the highly pressured Channel Islands pension administration team.

I was responsible for a specific portfolio of work, and took on every aspect of this very diligently. This was achieved to an incredibly high standard, to the extent that, despite having limited system functionality and demanding customers, I was able to keep complaints to a minimum. Where there were complaints, I managed this aspect too, and resolved them quickly and fairly.

I was very well respected by peers and wider management. I was at the top of the payscale due to their qualities.

I demonstrated the following skills when they worked for me:

Ownership

High level of quality of output

High level of producitivity of output

Ability to work in a team or individually, with minimal management

Customer care

Initiative
Swiss Re UK is very diverse which is great, friendly working environment and management was great to work with.