Swinton Group

Swinton Group Employee Reviews

fun place
fast paced and exciting, different everyday. Writing FRLs and taking calls. Great culture for all, management always on hand, ready to help and provide guidance.
Appalling place to work
A truly despicable company, I had absolutely no enjoyment at Swinton, even working alongside 2 of my best friends the place destroys your soul. The management was a joke, we had a real issue in branch and no matter how much we pointed it out, nothing was done. Leading to misery for all!
Call Center is hard work
Not enough room for advancement
Pay structure needs work

Not enough work life balance

Targets are set too high.

Turnover of staff reflects environment.
Poorly managed
Decided that online loss making sales was the way forward at the detriment of the high street branches. Most of these are closed now - enough said I think
Avoid
Working in a call centre in Manchester that was not big enough for the company needs. Hot desking situation meant there was often times you would turn up and not have a desk to use.
Job advertised as inbound sales, but was actually cold transfers from another company. This meant the targets were unrealistic and the day was a constant barrage of abusive and customers hanging up.

Soul destroying and very little support from management. Also the shift pattern was hard for anyone commuting and was different to what was advised at interview.
Competitive, target driven work environment
Monthly sales targets meant we had to work hard, smartly and diligently on a daily basis. I learned different sales techniques, people skills and communication skills in general.
Insurance
I liked speaking with customers it was enjoyable the hours were very good ..good managers local to where I lived like running through quotes with customers and there vehicals.
Swinton are nice, Rullion are pigs
They will find any reason they can not to pay you for hours you have worked, you will be threatened by any and every member of rullion staff. Even if you are 5 minutes late because of the train (something entirely out of your control) they will take you into a room and give you the line of potential replacements speech. Frankly i believe they should be investigated, but i never took the threats sitting down.
A fantastic opportnity
A distinctive role to transform a business and prime it for sale working with a great team supportive even through the tough times.
Cultural shifts and rebuilding from a very low base could only be achieved with the full support of my peers.
Pros
Flexible working
Cons
Very pressured role - but the way I like it.
Productive and Friendly Environment
Dealing with the Public and telephone based
Dealing with all sorts of customer queries including mid term calculations and processing them.

Money transactions

Cross Selling
Pros
Friendly Environment
Corrupt
Awful place to work since the new company took over. Dont care about staff whatsoever. Joker of a CEO hires his friends and family who do not have a clue!!
Numerous targets overshadowed employee hardwork.
Employee hardwork was overshadowed by over-critical one-to-ones with over-ambitious branch manager who was only focused on delivering results without understanding the employee's personal circumstances.
work colleagues were brilliant,
Ever changing systems and processes. No real leadership at top management level.
Staff having to deal with a hotch-potch of multi computer systems..

Insufficient training
Very stressful
Very stressful sales targets applied no break from incoming phone calls.Management at branch levels seemed to understand the difficulty of the job however middle management were clueless
I was a cleaner
The cleveleys branch was great to work in the staff were great and fun
But they closed it down and move it into Blackpool

So I don't have a job 😞 with them but if you do get the chance there are no better to work for than this company
Nice place to work
Nice Company to work for good staff and good working hours shame that they closed all the branches issue with management no knowing what the staff need to do to meet targets
Excellent management but environment is draining
The managers are really good however a typical day is very boring and the job role itself is a drain on you mentally and physically. Work culture is lacking as they dont offer much in terms of encouraging team bonding.
productive, fast pace, problem solving, competitive
I am currently working for Swinton insurance what my role consists of is helping customers with home insurance as well as car. Therefore, being able to have a good understanding of the business, being confident, adapting to change and being able to solve problems goes a long way. Customers want reassurance since it creates trust and that’s what’s needed to sell and renew policies. Furthermore, my role is set with pressure with given deadlines and targets. As a result, having a competitive mindset has given me the opportunity to push my self to earn sales and also help customers along the way.
Lovely company to work for
Learned more about insurance

Lovely and helpful management

Great and fun loving colleagues always ready to help each other

Hardest part was call monitoring and mystery shoppers.
Decent place to work
Good place to work, ongoing changes and this never stops. Since being bought over in 2018 the new owners have their own plans. Pity really but suppose things need to move on
Pros
Was at one time a household name
Cons
Sadly the name/brand could be lost
Competitively friendly amongst colleagues
Target driven workplace, colleagues were encouraged to compete for highest sales in a friendly manner. Management was fair and supportive.
We learnt to deal with customers under high pressure and tactically handling the most aggravated customers.