Swansway Garages

Swansway Garages Employee Reviews

United Kingdom12 reviews
Long hours bad management
To many hours when really its not necessary.
8.30 am - 7pm finish

Its alwsys awkward when you want to book time off because they want you in 24, 7

Overall i would think again about joining the motor trade.

Its not a career its just a bad job.
People were great, salary doesn't reflect breadth of role
I thoroughly enjoyed my time at Swansway Group. The company is full of adaptive and supportive people who want to develop and be the best they can be.

However, more communication is needed to be able to make the most of your position there. If you're based at head office you'll be surrounded by supportive people who're passionate about their role. But be prepared to not hang your coat on the back your chair and directors to pop into your department at any time.
11 December 2019
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.

We do believe as employer we pay our colleagues fairly for the roles they do, on a regular basis we ensure our salaries are benchmarked to the marketplace to ensure they remain competitive.

No coats on the back of chairs is something we embrace as Swansway! One of the things that makes Swansway successful is the presentation of our dealerships and we believe this should be mirrored in head office. Coats on the back of chairs to tend to look untidy.

Good luck with your future career.
Great colleagues
Good place to work only left to seek full time position, everyone very helpful and friendly very professional. Treated like one of the team lots of team building nights out.
11 December 2019
Thank you for your kind review and I'm sorry we couldn't offer you full time hours. Do keep a check on our career pages for any full time roles.
Great family run business
I find Swansway a great place to work, I enjoy my job and the team I work with.
The Directors are very much present on a daily basis and are approachable.
11 December 2019
It's great to hear you are enjoying your job. Thanks for the review!
Worst company I’ve worked for, and I’ve worked for a lot.
Very poor management, very little training and thrown in the deep end after only 3 days. I was told I’d get a bonus on top of my salary but this turned out to be false. I was told there were opportunities to progress within the company, this was also a lie. By far the worst company I’ve worked for and I’ve worked for a lot of company’s. I would strongly advise anybody against working here. None of the existing staff are happy there so just goes to show how poorly run the place is.
Pros
Cons
Too many to list.
11 December 2019
I'm very sorry to hear the role you started wasn't as expected. If you do wish to speak in more detail about this please contact our HR team.
Really nice job
I have worked here for over three years and found it to be a really nice job, the staff are very friendly and helpful and the management are firm but caring. Pay and bonuses are paid on time and the rate of pay is excellent for this position, annual leave is basic but you gain extra days the longer you work here, a typical days work is writing up your deliveries in the morning and then delivering the parts and in the afternoon it’s more of the same as you are delivering to the same garages you so get to know your route so very little need for a sat nav after the first couple of weeks.
Pros
Day off on your birthday, discount on VW products and parts.
Cons
Having to get cover from another member of staff if it’s your Saturday on and you want the day off.
11 December 2019
Thanks for the review - glad you are enjoying working for Swansway!
Chester Branch harsh
Very nice looking dealership in a good position and some good people on the ground floor . I am told that Swansway are good as an overall company shame it wasn’t at the chester Peugeot branch . General manager very offensive and a bully . Threatening with your job all most daily . Shame
Pros
Birthday off every year
Cons
Long hours no training
Be careful
I was left running the department all the time so very long hours you are told when you can have holidays and when I left they messed up my pay and it's been three weeks hassel to get paid and still no payslip from last month
Pros
Birthday off
Hard work pays.
A family run business that cares about its employees. Work hard, do a good job, get get rewards. If you don’t care about work quality and standards this company is not for you. If you are caring honest and proud you will love this company. I have worked here for 2 years and can say it’s the best company I have worked in over 30 years in the motor trade.
Pros
Birthday off every year. Life insurance. Culture.
Cons
It’s still the motor trade.
Unfair.
I worked here for a short time and during the time I wasn't trained properly, they were on their personal phones all day instead of training me, then rushed me to get on the phone and got rid of me shortly after because I made mistakes.
Worst place I've ever worked and the office culture is very catty.
productive and really excellent family company
Family company running over 45 years. Good managment, friendly people, funny place, excellent opportunites. Bussy at all time work with fantastic team.
enjoyable
Responsible for retail and company new car sales.
Consistantly achieving sales targets.

Contribute ideas to improve services provided.

Excellent qualification of customer needs.

Good communication skills.