Swanstaff Recruitment Ltd

Swanstaff Recruitment Ltd Employee Reviews

Stressful environment with no support.
Family Contact Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bedford, Bedfordshire20 February 2020
Office staff do not interact or support contact workers adaquatley and tend to be 'keyboard warriors'. Company Directors wear sportswear to work and drop in to give negative criticism between gym sessions.
Contact workers try hard to support families but are made to feel at fault if an issue arises, which often happens.
Fantastic agency to work with.
Health Care Assistant/Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Essex30 January 2020
There is no stress or drama to working with this agency, Everyone is so friendly and will go out of their way to help . The training is done on a regular basis, Swanstaff are quick in resolving any issues that may arise.
6 February 2020

Hi, we're so glad you're enjoying working with us and look forward to continuing to work with you in the future!

Hostile
Bookkeeper/ Administrator (Former Employee) –  Bedford, Bedfordshire12 January 2020
I was tuped over to this company. At first you felt that you were not welcome at all. This settled down after a year. As soon as Swanstaff lost Central Bedfordshire contract, they cherry picked the staff they wanted to keep, even though I was tuped over on a Bedford Borough contract which they still maintained. This company made me and others redundant. There were no complaints regarding my work, they just needed to get rid of staff
6 February 2020

Hi there, apologies that you feel this was regarding your experience with Swanstaff, however we always follow best practice when we taking over contracts and the Tupe of new staff members.

As you know when Contracts are taken over, sometimes not all job roles are required anymore and therefore become redundant. This based on the set up of the new company (Swanstaff); as a Bookkeeper this role was not required at a Centre level within Swanstaff and not in line with our other 9 Centres, as we have our dedicated Accounts team based in our Head Office.

We always aim to see if there are other job roles available before the Redundancy route, however, unfortunately in some cases certain employees are not able to fulfill other roles due to the qualifications needed for the sensitive roles within Children Centres.

Brilliant
Chef (Current Employee) –  Ipswich9 November 2019
Fab brilliant never had a problem awesum boss always busy and booked up with work never been without work love my job at swanstaff my two bosses in the office are the best
Good Company
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  High Wycombe5 September 2019
I love working with them, I haven’t got any problem with my payment and payslips all out on Wednesday afternoon. Good people good company no issues. On call is brilliant they responds to issues immediately is reported.
fun in work place
Support Worker Learning Disabilities (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, Cambridgeshire13 July 2019
I love working with swanstaff because they have helped me loads kind loyal to me in person even if i have got a problem they help me out understanding . i have had no issues working with the company been here for bout 5 month now and i can say that i have found my place where i love to work and one day i would like to be a team leader or manger as i have the confidence in me
Pros
good advice pay weekly honest and hardworking
Rewarding And Stimulating
SUPPORT WORKER (Former Employee) –  Ipswich, Suffolk9 July 2019
My role at Swanstaff Recruitment was to represent them as a Support Worker in different ' Health and social Care settings' such as support living care and home care.
Swanstaff opened doors of opportunities for me to develop inter personal skills, team work and building on a daily basis and confidence in projecting my views in a professional manner in order to make a positive impact in each client I worked with.
Adaptability is a skill I was able to develop regularly at my work place, no day at work is the same, care plans and procedures can vary and change according to each clients conditions and needs.
Their was several different challenges in my work place such as clients finding themselves frustrated with their impediments and restricting conditions whether it may be mental or physical which often led on them throwing their anxieties and anger on the person supporting them. Sometimes it was a challenge reporting effectively individual concerns to management as different companies worked differently and management was never the same from company to company.
The most enjoyable part of my job was to be able to add my own essence and creative ideas into improving each individual clients daily life and and often providing long term solutions to their problems by making close analysis of their conditions whether it may be physical or mental.
If you've had an easy shift where not much as happened, chances are, you've not supported someone well.
Am very content to know that I'm constantly learning new methods of over coming challenges.
Overall I enjoyed working for
  more... Swanstaff I learnt from feedback given by management directly which was wonderful because often in companies managers do not communicate with their workers in the same way I felt I could discuss concerns with my manager.
Swanstaff have won awards 'The Times 100 Best Companies to Work for', Swanstaff also won The Great Place to Work award and three Kent Excellence in Business Awards.
They have also been recognised as Gold Standard Investors in People and I can certainly confirm that that was the case for me.
Pros
Branching on the behalf of the company
Cons
No set hours
A great place to work and progress
Head of Marketing (Current Employee) –  Dartford, Kent17 May 2019
Swanstaff Recruitment offer great opportunities to their employees. Since starting I have completed 3 short courses and a high level qualification, I am also given the opportunity to attend various seminars related to my role which all assist with my CPD.

The office is environment is the best I have experienced and whilst we all work hard we also socialise and spend time together outside of work too. There are not jobs where you make friends for life as well as wake up every day with no work dread!
Pros
Great Office environment, Great People, Good Progression Opportunities
Cons
None that require a mention!
Terrible company, stay away.
Contact supervisor (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside8 May 2019
I worked for this shower of clowns due to being transferred from another company. Within the first month they cut the hourly rate and refused to honour holidays. It’s all money with them and they treat staff terribly. They have no idea what they are doing and place profit before everything else.
If you see a job advertised don’t bother.
Pros
Cons
Money before everything, terrible employer.
17 May 2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, some elements of your review are related to sensitive information which we would like to discuss with you directly, please contact hr@swanstaff.co.uk so that we can respond to your concerns privately.

During TUPE situations whereby employees are Transferred from a previous Employer we can only base contractual elements such as salary and holiday entitlement on the information provided to us by the predecessors, where errors occur and incorrect information is passed to us, we work as quickly as possible to ensure that these are resolved at the earliest opportunity, however, this can take time as we require further clarifications from the previous Employer.

Terrible
Support worker (Former Employee) –  Ipswich, Suffolk22 January 2019
Management are completely incompetent. Ring you every day pushing you to pay for your dbs when you don't have the money and you have already told them you couldn't pay until after xmas. Then after Xmas when I borrowed money to be able to afford it they then asked for a load of documents I had already given them. I then sent them double the amount they needed. I then waited every day for my dbs to be processed by swanstaff so I rung them every day. For them to say that the original lady dealing with it was on annual leave and they wanted my passport... I had already sent them everything to the lady who had gone on annually leave. They then said they would call me back. Waited another day... Didn't hear anyrhing. I rung them 3 days in a row. Then the weekend come and something has took that money out for my dbs and now I cannot afford it. There communication skills are diabolical even though they all work in the same office. Still waiting for a call back from the boss .. who I doubt will even bother.
Pros
The branch manager is the only one that has tried to help.
Cons
Everything about this company is terrible.
Temporary Employment
Agency Driver (Current Employee) –  Colchester21 January 2019
I signed uo with Swanstaff Recruitment in Colchester since May 2018 as a HGV Driver as I have a CPC Qualification and Swanstaff have been fairly consistant in finding me work on a contract temping basis. They are a fair company to work for but some of the contracts they have sent me too have been a let down due to some of the trucks breaking down etc.
Pros
Fairly Regular Work
Cons
Long Hours, Poor Pay
Lacked cohesive communication
Care worker Child & Adult Workforce (Former Employee) –  High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire17 January 2019
The particular office allocating work for me often rang in the early hours of the morning. They did not take into account I was caring for a terminally ill parent and trying to fit work around caring, even though I gave weekly availability.
Productive Place To Work
Industrial Consultant (Former Employee) –  Swanley31 August 2018
Good place in branch to work, with fair benefits and salary. You take leadership of your own desk with help if needed. Working hours are appropriate. Commission is fair and easily earned.
Interesting place to work
Deputy Manager (Current Employee) –  Bedfordshire28 March 2018
Good team of people to work with.Pension and shares scheme for full time employees.Very good social activities booked and paid for by the company.Different areas/departments available for different skill sets.
Pros
28 days holidays and good staff social times
Cons
Long hours and work/life balance wrong
Poor Management
Health Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire6 February 2018
It used to be a good company to work for, now it is just a awful place to work, not enough work and very poor management. If you are unable to work when they want you to, you will not be given any work until they are really desperate to get someone to work.
Pros
short hours
Cons
not enough work, favouritism
Waste of time ! Let you down at the last minute
Lorry Driver (Former Employee) –  Colchester, Essex29 December 2017
Not good waste of time Colchester branch!
Let you down at the last minute !
Work is hit or miss.
They always messing up the wages.
They know nothing about running a driving agency.
Pros
No pros
Cons
Stay away
Great fun and exciting company
Trainee Healthcare Consultant (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire20 December 2017
Absolutely brilliant company to work for! Endless opportunities for progression and incentives. Great social calender and alot of job support from a cross the company. I'm generally sad I don't still work, for them!
Ideal working place for goal getters
Health Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  London7 August 2017
The job at swanstaff provides opportunities to show care and empathy to people with various types of challenges called residents. The working environment was conducive and accomodating.
Pros
Helpful supervisors and managers
Poor management
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Ipswich, Suffolk29 July 2017
Terrible management, office staff sending out threatening emails to staff, threatening to take them off their books if they cancel shifts, which they did to me when i had to cancel a shift. Office staff argumentative on the phone, unapproachable, young people running office who seem to have big egos, I would never recommend this branch of Swanstaff. I was there only for a few months. You accept work and it can take 2-3 days before they clarify.
Pros
Flexible hours, weekly pay
Cons
Rude, arrogant, threatening office staff.
Ok
Care Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Chelmsford, Essex25 June 2017
Enjoyed the work that I did, and supported people who have multiple and very complex disabilities, I also worked with the elderly people in their care homes. The reason I left was because I had a disagreements with the management.
Pros
Enjoyed supporting people
Cons
Had to pay all expenses

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Swanstaff Recruitment Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.