Swallowfield Plc Employee Reviews

Productive, friendly and fun work enviroment
Online Shop Co-ordinator (Current Employee) –  Wellington, Somerset17 July 2019
Helpful, easy to get to, good working environment.
line operator
Production Operative (Current Employee) –  Wellington, Somerset8 February 2019
Unfortunately Swallowfield has become a terrible place to work, i have been employed for over 10 yrs now and just recently it has gone down hill fast, unless your face fits you are going no where. There is no training programme that works well, Most of the supervising revolves around a bullying mentality, the agency workers get paid more than full time staff like me, even though i have worked hard for over 10 yrs, they come in and doing less than me and get paid more, its a joke! Totally demoralizing and i dont feel valued at all and its time to find a new job now for me. Do not work here unless you want to be bullied without management stepping in to sort out issues, they are just YES MEN. You will be just a number who they dont care about.
Pros
Weekends off.
Cons
Poor pay, terrible management, racism anc bullying
Factory Work Place
Factory Worker (Former Employee) –  Bideford, Devon5 July 2018
Its good pay

management lacks a little bit.

Hours are a little hard when you have a young family and the hours dont suit around that well.

Most of the management and some of the workers didn't speak or spoke little English so at times in was difficult to understand what they were asking you to do within the work place.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, and mostly didn't speak English
Boring, dictatership job
Production Operative (Current Employee) –  Wellington, Somerset16 February 2018
Im a production operator and have a disability so struggle with some tasks. In my 10th year with the company, but I've hit a wall in terms of progress. Its very much place of, if your face fits your move up the ladder but if they dislike you or a engineer or supervisor dislike you they halt your progression. Average pay aswell
Pros
Weekends off
Cons
Strict supervisors and Engineers, excessive foreign workforce, old deteriating building
Good company to work for
Manager (Current Employee) –  North Devon29 January 2018
The company has a very good outlook and looks after staff, always looking ahead. Has expanded and developed its own brands and is focused on its future and security.
Pros
Good holiday package
Cons
cyclic workload
I enjoyed working there
Asseembly/paint room/machine operating (Former Employee) –  Bideford, Devon9 January 2018
Its a great place to work i would go back , a great bunch of workers , i learnt alot sints working there i built on my confidants and to be calm with my self, also help a worker who is struggling
Pros
Meet lots of diffarent people
Cons
Can be hard work but worth it
Productive workplace
Production and operations department manager (Current Employee) –  Wellington28 December 2017
Very simple things to do, very flexible and very nice people there. You can go there even you are young or old, they have a place for everybody and they will help you.
Pros
cheap food
Cons
far from taunton
Ok
Production Operator (Current Employee) –  Bideford, Devon21 November 2017
This is a fast paced factory and you need to be able to work quickly and effectivly with out time off. They run the Bradford points system for sick days.
Boring
Line worker (Former Employee) –  Unit 23 August 2017
Mind numbing and boring but pay is good, good designated smoking area and good breaks, sit down instead of standing but as is aid the job is boring..!
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Mind numbing
Advanced line support (Current Employee) –  Somerset15 May 2017
Good place to work with good people management could be alot better and so could the factory itself is always in need of repairs leaking rook not very good floors ect.
Moving to cornwall only reason for me leaving.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
No bonuses
Good
Maintaince support (Current Employee) –  Wellington, Somerset12 December 2016
It's a good job, swallowfield is building up and trying it's hardest to make it a better place. The building is old but they are trying to make improvements on it..
Pros
Canteen, bonus, xmas hamper/lunch
Cons
Its an old buiding
a friendly and good place of work
Machine operator, Packer (Current Employee) –  bideford5 January 2015
a good place of work, but unfortunately not enough opportunity's to expand my skills and gain more training within the work place
Pros
excellent co-workers
Cons
not enough money
A secure job but really just a stepping stone.
Goods in controller and forklift driver (Current Employee) –  Bideford, Devon28 June 2014
I am a goods in controller in the warehouse, this a international cosmetics company which can be very busy.
this is not a great managed company and I do not think I get all I can from my potential.
Pros
The company have let me do training which I have achieved a level 2 Btec in team leading
Cons
Bad management