Sussex Partnership NHS Foundation Trust Employee Reviews

No progression
Peer Support Worker and Trainer (Current Employee) –  Hastings, East Sussex24 July 2017
The NHS has a very narrow minded attitude, where clinicians are overly protective of their roles and unable to see the bigger picture, putting themselves above the needs of the service users.
Enjoyable and Progressive, Great Pay and Education
Senior Support Worker Band 3 (Current Employee) –  Chichester5 March 2017
very supportive in route and career progression, considerate of staff on all levels, regular training provided.Excellent staff support and guidance.

Great pay rates, ability to work extra hours if required, many various tasks and expireneces of which to learn from.

Good pension scheme, various localites, will assisit in job security or transferrable posostions if need be.

Good team work and trust given, to empower confidence,
Ability to realy make a possitve diffarence to peoples live's through treatment and rehabilitative strategies via theraputic engagment and a strong sense of empathy and understanding.
Ability to Aquire knowlege within medical, mental health and forensics as well as legal . Excellent psychological setting of which to learn from.
Pros
Great staff, Great pay and benefits
Cons
challenging enviroment at times
Creative environment
Administrative Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Brighton24 February 2017
Great creative environment.
Stimulating.
Enjoyable duties.
Press Releases
Updating intranet
Updating the Trust website and publications.
Varied and Interesting
Senior Human Resources Advisor (Current Employee) –  Hove10 November 2015
Offers plenty of challenges with supportive colleagues and management. The emphasis is on initiating change and developing managers. A decent amount of red tape and politics, but this is expected of a big company. The most enjoyable part of the job is working alongside my colleagues and learning from them. We work on a mobile basis which means lots of variety and opportunities to get to know lots of the business and meeting new people. There was a lot of variety in what I do each day, ranging from routine tasks to new projects that are challenging and exciting.
Pros
Variety, change and automony
Cons
Lots of travelling across large geographical area
Diverse range of clients, doctors and case workers to work with.
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Brighton, ENG21 January 2015
A typical day would be receiving clients to reception at the Substance Misuse Service and handing out bus passes, referring them to the relevant area of the clinic and sourcing information for them. I also answered a busy phone line, answered email queries and wrote letters.

The hardest part of the job was dealing with clients who were inebriated, aggressive or agitated.

The most enjoyable part of the job was when I went out of my way to deal with a particular request from the client and they were pleased with the result.
My Day
TAQA, skills adviser, Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Eastbourne3 November 2013
My working day begins at 0800 when I arrive at a service users home with a colleague to support him whilst his parents are at work. We support this young man with his communications difficulties by using the PECS communication system to allow this young man to have a voice in how we carry on with his day. By using this communication system we can structure the day to a level acceptable to the service user. All risks and risk assessments are acted upon before an activity takes place. I work as part of a team headed by the manager, we hold monthly team meetings and attend regular supervisions. I attend regular training and updates in Positive Behavioural Support.
When my shift is over and on my time off I am employed by my employers as a QCF assessor. I visit candidates in their places of employment, conduct observations and professional discussions and assess the work submitted.
The most challenging part of the job is juggling both roles and allowing enough time for me.
The most enjoyable part of the job is actually helping the people I support access successfully, community projects, activity projects and create community connections. It also gives me a sense of achievement when a QCF candidate I have been supporting completes their work and achieve their award.
Good NHS employer
Mental Health Nurse (Former Employee) –  sussex18 July 2013
Good employer though struggles with communication to staff due to large number of employees and poor human resources service.

The trust allowed me to grow and develop as a professional within a challenging but highly rewarding career. Sussex partnership offered a variety of different practice opportunities and covers a large geographic and demographic area.
Productive, Flexibility in working hours and very encouraging
Sr. Project Manager (L&D and e-Learning), (Former Employee) –  Worthing, UK24 July 2012
Nice place to work with and ideal place for career growth. SPT has good wok culture and giving proper care for employees. I have build a good career and growth while working with them.
Pros
permited to work from home.
Cons
long delay in it - implementations