Sussex Partnership NHS Foundation Trust

Sussex Partnership NHS Foundation Trust Employee Reviews

United Kingdom37 reviews
Good
I would recommend friends to work at Sussex Partnership NHS Foundation Trust
Job culture good

Management style needs some improvement

Staff support is good
Poor
Terrible management. Awful all the way up the ladder. No people skills. No clear direction, no upskilling of staff. Poorly looked after. Only look after themselves.
Productive and fun workplace
Fun and active place to work. Fast paced. Managers can be supportive when needed. Can be stressful at times. Good career progression for the right person
Support services
Rubbish company to work for. No support for support staff, had 6 members of clinical staff leave in one month. All management do is hold meetings and nothing gets actioned. Replacing substantive staff who have left with agency staff, some of which do not have a DBS certificate. There is NO patient first within this organisation. Clinics are cancelled at short notice because consultants don’t want to work.
Bullying culture.
Bullying culture.
Blame culture.

No support from senior management.

Training opportunities low.

Low chance of career advancement.

Lower than average staffing levels.
Too many false promises
Flexi-working is not flexible. Unrealistic working patterns and expectations for working parents.
Good and well led wards, plenty of opportunities to learn from the charge and staff nurses. Good team work on the wards. You are not allowed to complain and must find your own solutions. High turn over of good staff. Has the potential to be an excellent employer and a chance to build a lasting career if only they listened to staff.
Great Employer
Management supported needs and all colleagues good to work alongside. Full induction and training given. Work life balance observed and supported when possible.
Management are bullies
Great place to work but management very clickey your ok if u hold your own good home work life balance great holiday entitlement To many chiefs not enough on the floor blame culture in the work place .
Have loved working here the people are lovely, conditions are good. Lots of training opportunities and team playing. Varied roles on offer. Long shifts but also shorter ones available. Option of working as casual or contract.
amazing
amazing place to work reallly supportive and forward thinking, there is no typical day of work. you will learn so much in such a sort space of time. everyday wil be different
staff are good to work with
full on meet & greet patients,
transcribing psychiatrist letters,

phone calls,

diary management.

not enough staff too many managers

great colleagues to work with supportive

frequent challenging situations with patients with no trained clinical staff present.

going home
Pros
flexible
Cons
low pay
Good place to learn new skills.
Good access to MDT’s
Good training

Good supervision

Bank shifts

Loads of joint working with OT’s, psychologists, psychiatrists and nursing staff.
Pros
Good team work. Good place to learn new skills
Cons
12.5 hour shifts, low starting salary, sickness policy
Varied
You work with many people who share your values and wish to help others. This keeps you motivated and wanting to help. However the hierarchy structure can make you feel a little underestimated.
Under Paid, Over Worked
As per usual working in the Care Work profession we are bottom of the wage scale. Slightly above basic pay and considering what our work involves and the hours we are paid and unpaid for i find it insulting. Sadly this is where my interests as a career falls so unless we are ever valued as HCA's/Support Workers then i wont be on the property market anytime soon.
Pros
As Above
Cons
As Above
Average NHS workplace
A typical day at work included a group therapy session and two individual clinic sessions.
Management was poor - often those in senior positions among the team would bicker in team meetings and appeared quite unprofessional.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the support and comraderie with some of the MDT team members, mostly limited to the nurses in the team.
Pros
Supportive environment within a sub-group of the MDT
Cons
Cramped working environment
Excellent workplace
I feel very proud of working for Sussex partnership NHS and possible have the best Job on the ward.
Getting to do the Job In the best way I can with quality time spent with services users and their families.

I work with a helpful and suppotive team from the Doctors, nursing team and housekeepers.

Been supported in personal issues my my manager who has shown commpassion and understanding.

The ward I work on is a great environment the service users are listen to, respected and cared for.

If one of my relatives needed inpatient services I would want them on the ward I work on.

That says it all!
Pros
Great team
Cons
Not enough mental health services
Challenging
A challenging and rewarding job. A wonderful opportunity to help adults with various mental health conditions.
Every day commences with a degree of uncertainty of the type of work that will be faced on that day.

For me, I find the biggest reward is to see patients make progress from admission to discharge.

The feeling of reward is something that cannot be explained - it needs to be felt.
Pros
Helping others.
Cons
NHS staffing and funding challenges.
Good
Good place to work. Plenty of training opportunities and a supportive team to be a part of. I would recommend working here. Being on the bank offers flexibility.
The Changing face of the NHS
Wards are a continually changing environment to meet the needs of those using who use them.
Woodlands has recently split into male & female wards with the addition of an extra Ward manager. This has greatly improved the physical environment which has also increased the experience, support & interaction the patients receive.

Increased staff numbers & smaller wards lends itself to excellent patient care. Recently upgraded by the CQC to good overall with Outstanding in the caring domain.

Staff training & away days has also helped the team to bond & function better on all levels. Management are approachable & respond to staff's worries.

Nice team to work with & good working hours, 3 days a week. 11.5 hour shifts. Plenty of down time. Good amount of holiday.
Pros
Great team, supportive with good benfits & holiday
Cons
Can be hectic at times due to nature of the work
Unsupportive in way of management , good staff been and gone ; ward challaging , staff not listened to , some team members unprofessional and often not always right in decision making , management need overhaul due to the volume of staff that have left , often feeling unsupportive or quick to point the blame . Again a job where your just a number and not individual , agency staff and bank staff always used putting more pressure on staff . Ward can be risky . List is endless
Pros
Working with a good team who know the ward
Cons
Long hours, agency and bank don’t really care about the risk on the ward
Great employer with excellent oppotunities to gain knowledge and experience within the mental health field.
Flexible working hours have suited me well in my current role, allowing me to balance work and life effectively with support from the organisation. Longest employer i have ever stayed with says a lot about its benefits, despite sometimes long hours.
Pros
Rewarding feeling of achievement in the improvement of patient care
Cons
Very long working hours, especially behind the scenes
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sussex Partnership NHS Foundation Trust. Our community is ready to answer.