Sussex Health Care Employee Review

View all Sussex Health Care reviews

heartwarming and caring environment
Kitchen Assistant (Former Employee) –  Billingshurst, West Sussex2 February 2017
a typical day of work consists of busy carers taking care of all service users very, and us kitchen staff must work in harmony with the carers if we want the trolleys to return in time so that we can all have time to take a break.

I had learnt some valuable lessons on adult life whilst i worked in sussex healthcare and the management has always been understanding that i am a student who may have others assignments and exams that i have to keep in mind as well.

the hardest part of the job was when there was not enough staff so everything is organised and the company had to call in agency who were not aware of the responsibilities in the kitchen and what to do, which slows down the whole day.

but the most enjoyable part of it all was that the service users were nice and the staffs always looked out for each other when things got hard. this example of hard work and team work was what made it enjoyable for me.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
long hours; even if it's a half day it's still 2 hours away from a long day

Other Sussex Health Care Employee Reviews

Mixed bag
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Sussex13 May 2018
Left to get on with the job. Induction is good but follow up is inconsistent when you start on the floor.Managment try but are under pressure from higher up.Rely too much on agency staff who like to tell you what to do.Getting through the shifts.helping the residents.
Pros
Nice residents, rewarding job
Cons
Everything else
Productive and fun work place
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Horsham12 March 2018
My typical day is Cleaning the rooms of the residents and some common areas like corridors, toilets, kitchen, and offices. I learned how to work WITH Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations (COSHH).
Pros
Accommodation 50% discount
Cons
Is located in a sleepy City.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sussex Health Care. Our community is ready to answer.

Sussex Health Care Reviews by Location