Sussex Health Care Employee Review

View all Sussex Health Care reviews

heartwarming and caring environment
Kitchen Assistant (Former Employee) –  Billingshurst, West Sussex2 February 2017
a typical day of work consists of busy carers taking care of all service users very, and us kitchen staff must work in harmony with the carers if we want the trolleys to return in time so that we can all have time to take a break.

I had learnt some valuable lessons on adult life whilst i worked in sussex healthcare and the management has always been understanding that i am a student who may have others assignments and exams that i have to keep in mind as well.

the hardest part of the job was when there was not enough staff so everything is organised and the company had to call in agency who were not aware of the responsibilities in the kitchen and what to do, which slows down the whole day.

but the most enjoyable part of it all was that the service users were nice and the staffs always looked out for each other when things got hard. this example of hard work and team work was what made it enjoyable for me.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
long hours; even if it's a half day it's still 2 hours away from a long day

Other Sussex Health Care Employee Reviews

Support Assistant (Current Employee) –  Horsham, West Sussex10 December 2018
I have worked here over two years now, find everyone really supportive and have a great work life/balance. Their training is great and you can do loads of courses
Pros
Training, free staff transport
Seriousely hard going but good training
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sussex28 November 2018
Great if you want a foot in the door of care work with training and qualifications. Expected to work very hard and under a lot of pressure. Basic pay with little hope of a reasonable rise if anything at all. You get a tin of biscuits at Christmas.
Pros
experience, training and qualifications
Cons
Long hours, no work life balance and low pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sussex Health Care. Our community is ready to answer.

Sussex Health Care Reviews by Location