Sussex Health Care Employee Review

View all Sussex Health Care reviews

heartwarming and caring environment
Kitchen Assistant (Former Employee) –  Billingshurst, West Sussex2 February 2017
a typical day of work consists of busy carers taking care of all service users very, and us kitchen staff must work in harmony with the carers if we want the trolleys to return in time so that we can all have time to take a break.

I had learnt some valuable lessons on adult life whilst i worked in sussex healthcare and the management has always been understanding that i am a student who may have others assignments and exams that i have to keep in mind as well.

the hardest part of the job was when there was not enough staff so everything is organised and the company had to call in agency who were not aware of the responsibilities in the kitchen and what to do, which slows down the whole day.

but the most enjoyable part of it all was that the service users were nice and the staffs always looked out for each other when things got hard. this example of hard work and team work was what made it enjoyable for me.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
long hours; even if it's a half day it's still 2 hours away from a long day

Other Sussex Health Care Employee Reviews

Good Training opportunities, and to further your career
Deputy Manager (Current Employee) –  Billingshurst, West Sussex28 September 2018
I have worked for Sussex health care for almost 5 years, I have gone from Senior Care assistant to Team Leader to Deputy Manager. Training is great and there is always something else to learn and improve yourself on. I did work for the Company from 1998-2007 then cam back in 2014. Despite what you hear please come and see for yourselves, don't believe all that you hear.
Pros
good learning and training.
Cons
honestly can't think of any.
Really, really bad
Senior Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Horsham, West Sussex26 September 2018
A typical day is so insanely busy it can be all but impossible to take a bathroom break, let alone anything else. Homes are chronicly understaffed and so poorly managed it is criminal (literally and figuratively). 'Safeguarding issues' (code for neglect and abuse) is rampant. Managment will condemn no matter what - you're doomed if you do and doomed if you don't. The owners of the company literally own private jets and yachts yet families are lied to about their familiy members' care, especially concerning specific additional care / activities they are funded for that just does not happen. Bullying between staff is not only allowed but actively encouraged by management. Job security is decent and drivers get away with anything - they are pretty desperate for staff so if you are in a bind they would do for a paycheck while looking for something else.
Pros
The residents are lovely.
Cons
Everything else.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sussex Health Care. Our community is ready to answer.

Sussex Health Care Reviews by Location