Sussex Health Care Work-Life Balance reviews

Support Assistant (Current Employee) –  Horsham, West Sussex10 December 2018
I have worked here over two years now, find everyone really supportive and have a great work life/balance. Their training is great and you can do loads of courses
Pros
Training, free staff transport
Seriousely hard going but good training
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sussex28 November 2018
Great if you want a foot in the door of care work with training and qualifications. Expected to work very hard and under a lot of pressure. Basic pay with little hope of a reasonable rise if anything at all. You get a tin of biscuits at Christmas.
Pros
experience, training and qualifications
Cons
Long hours, no work life balance and low pay
Very multicultural and full of hard working people
kitchen assists (Current Employee) –  Billingshurst, West Sussex28 August 2018
Despite its ups and downs, the place is surrounded by hardworking staffs who genuinely care about the services they give to the service users. a typical day at work can vary from being too busy or quite mellow it just depends on how the day is.

I've learned over the years that i've worked in sussex healthcare, that teamwork is definitely the key ingredient to getting the job done, as the place thrives through each staff's support.

the management has been doing so well over the years as well, but it still needs more permanent staffs instead of agencies but overall it's better than it was 2 years ago.

the workplace does a good job of advertising equality and non-discriminatory act e.g. no one is allowed to speak in their own language, which i appreciate.
Pros
lunches provided for £2
Cons
very busy, long hours
Fell free
Senior Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Horsham, West Sussex18 July 2017
I am very HAPPY to work for people with learning disabilities. I enjoy my duties... I am doing night duty but it's very much interesting. It's so fun to work for them. My service users are very happy to see me
I can feel their mind when I am with them.
heartwarming and caring environment
Kitchen Assistant (Former Employee) –  Billingshurst, West Sussex2 February 2017
a typical day of work consists of busy carers taking care of all service users very, and us kitchen staff must work in harmony with the carers if we want the trolleys to return in time so that we can all have time to take a break.

I had learnt some valuable lessons on adult life whilst i worked in sussex healthcare and the management has always been understanding that i am a student who may have others assignments and exams that i have to keep in mind as well.

the hardest part of the job was when there was not enough staff so everything is organised and the company had to call in agency who were not aware of the responsibilities in the kitchen and what to do, which slows down the whole day.

but the most enjoyable part of it all was that the service users were nice and the staffs always looked out for each other when things got hard. this example of hard work and team work was what made it enjoyable for me.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
long hours; even if it's a half day it's still 2 hours away from a long day
Productive and fun working place
Care assistant (Current Employee) –  Broadbridge Heath1 November 2016
It's a nice place to live and work as it's very convenient and money saving. It's fun, strong team workers,kind and caring. Good management with close relationship.
Pros
Paid break
What you learned
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Horsham, ENG16 July 2013
Its a routine work here in sussex and I learned a lot on how to take care of the service users.attended all the provided trainings of Sussex heatlth care.
Pros
no coz I work at night
Cons
work here from 8pm-8am