Sussex Health Care Management reviews

Avoid this company
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Sussex14 November 2017
Avoid like the plague!
Over worked under paid, lots of responsibility no opportunity. Poor management no communication. But lovely service users they are the only good thing about working for this company. The company don’t care about their workers you are replaceable. High turn over of staff lots of Agency workers
Pros
The service user
Cons
No life
Wow
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Horsham, West Sussex11 June 2017
I'd like to start of by saying that I wish I found this company some months ago. They simply are brilliant. The management are great, particularly the Area Manager, who is very down to earth who has worked here from a Care Assistant and worked his way up. I have been offered the chance in September to do my learning disability nursing degree, which I've wanted to do for so long, but have been unable to do so due to my familial commitments. I love this company and think they are well deserved of their award of Employer of the Year.

I am so looking forward to continuing to work for this great company.
Pros
Training, subsidised meals, management, progression
Cons
None I can see
heartwarming and caring environment
Kitchen Assistant (Former Employee) –  Billingshurst, West Sussex2 February 2017
a typical day of work consists of busy carers taking care of all service users very, and us kitchen staff must work in harmony with the carers if we want the trolleys to return in time so that we can all have time to take a break.

I had learnt some valuable lessons on adult life whilst i worked in sussex healthcare and the management has always been understanding that i am a student who may have others assignments and exams that i have to keep in mind as well.

the hardest part of the job was when there was not enough staff so everything is organised and the company had to call in agency who were not aware of the responsibilities in the kitchen and what to do, which slows down the whole day.

but the most enjoyable part of it all was that the service users were nice and the staffs always looked out for each other when things got hard. this example of hard work and team work was what made it enjoyable for me.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
long hours; even if it's a half day it's still 2 hours away from a long day
good
kitchen assistant (Current Employee) –  horsham29 November 2016
- quite busy and stressful some days when working
- salaries are low, mostly minimum rate for high standards
- trainings and courses available when needed
Pros
free lunches
Cons
bad management
Productive and fun working place
Care assistant (Current Employee) –  Broadbridge Heath1 November 2016
It's a nice place to live and work as it's very convenient and money saving. It's fun, strong team workers,kind and caring. Good management with close relationship.
Pros
Paid break