Sussex Health Care Employee Reviews for Kitchen Assistant

3.3Job Security & Advancement
heartwarming and caring environment
Kitchen Assistant (Former Employee) –  Billingshurst, West Sussex2 February 2017
a typical day of work consists of busy carers taking care of all service users very, and us kitchen staff must work in harmony with the carers if we want the trolleys to return in time so that we can all have time to take a break.

I had learnt some valuable lessons on adult life whilst i worked in sussex healthcare and the management has always been understanding that i am a student who may have others assignments and exams that i have to keep in mind as well.

the hardest part of the job was when there was not enough staff so everything is organised and the company had to call in agency who were not aware of the responsibilities in the kitchen and what to do, which slows down the whole day.

but the most enjoyable part of it all was that the service users were nice and the staffs always looked out for each other when things got hard. this example of hard work and team work was what made it enjoyable for me.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
long hours; even if it's a half day it's still 2 hours away from a long day
Rewarding place to work
Kitchen assistant/ chef (Current Employee) –  Horsham, West Sussex20 December 2016
Prep and cook breakfast, prep and cook lunch and again for supper,
All cleaning and opening and closing the kitchen.
The hardest part of the job is having to work weekends and all holidays as it's a care home.
Pros
Rewarding
Cons
Working weekends
good
kitchen assistant (Current Employee) –  horsham29 November 2016
- quite busy and stressful some days when working
- salaries are low, mostly minimum rate for high standards
- trainings and courses available when needed
Pros
free lunches
Cons
bad management