Sussex Health Care Employee Reviews in Billingshurst

Avoid!! Dont work here even if your life depended on it!!!
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Sussex, Billingshurst4 December 2018
This company is completely disgusting!!! The management are so rude, lazy and incompetent! All they do is lie!!! The company have no regard for the staff and they employ a gang of staff from certain countries that all clump together, can hardly speak English (which is just beyond irresponsible and stupid) and then they try bully you because you are not from their country. The amount of safeguardings raised for residents safety because of the staff is just outrageous! They are so understaffed and they don’t care about the residents! The staff doctor the paperwork about the residents and the seniors and nurses encourage it but keep it hushed!!! The residents are roughed about and are abused with illegal lifts and left without personal care!! Serious allegations staff members raise for their safety are swiftly brushed under the carpet and are told to shut up! They punish you for being a victim of dangerous situations because you reported it and you have to adhere to the majority of the staff members that clump togethers culture because otherwise you will be reported for things you didn’t do and threatened (even though the culture they are expressing is immoral and illegal) So many health hazards it’s unbelieveable and you are extremely underpaid!!! The residents all get pushed in front of the tv all day or are left in their rooms or in bed. Residents are taunted, laughed at, pulled about, lied to and have their liberty and dignity stripped away!! It’s a horrible place to work. Call bells that residents ring are answered after ages of waiting and are then switched off and the residents  more... are not helped. The homes are incredibly inadequate all the time until CQC or other inspectors/ family come round them it’s the managers and the nurses pounding everyone to be perfect and everything has to be perfect and then when we say goodbye to them it all goes back to being corrupt once again! This company is immoral and nasty! Do not work here and DO NOT PUT YOUR LOVED ONES HERE!!!  less
Pros
The lovely residents that just want some company and care.
Cons
Everything else
Good Training opportunities, and to further your career
Deputy Manager (Current Employee) –  Billingshurst, West Sussex28 September 2018
I have worked for Sussex health care for almost 5 years, I have gone from Senior Care assistant to Team Leader to Deputy Manager. Training is great and there is always something else to learn and improve yourself on. I did work for the Company from 1998-2007 then cam back in 2014. Despite what you hear please come and see for yourselves, don't believe all that you hear.
Pros
good learning and training.
Cons
honestly can't think of any.
heartwarming and caring environment
Kitchen Assistant (Former Employee) –  Billingshurst, West Sussex2 February 2017
a typical day of work consists of busy carers taking care of all service users very, and us kitchen staff must work in harmony with the carers if we want the trolleys to return in time so that we can all have time to take a break.

I had learnt some valuable lessons on adult life whilst i worked in sussex healthcare and the management has always been understanding that i am a student who may have others assignments and exams that i have to keep in mind as well.

the hardest part of the job was when there was not enough staff so everything is organised and the company had to call in agency who were not aware of the responsibilities in the kitchen and what to do, which slows down the whole day.

but the most enjoyable part of it all was that the service users were nice and the staffs always looked out for each other when things got hard. this example of hard work and team work was what made it enjoyable for me.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
long hours; even if it's a half day it's still 2 hours away from a long day