Sussex Health Care Employee Reviews in Billingshurst

Good Training opportunities, and to further your career
Deputy Manager (Current Employee) –  Billingshurst, West Sussex28 September 2018
I have worked for Sussex health care for almost 5 years, I have gone from Senior Care assistant to Team Leader to Deputy Manager. Training is great and there is always something else to learn and improve yourself on. I did work for the Company from 1998-2007 then cam back in 2014. Despite what you hear please come and see for yourselves, don't believe all that you hear.
Pros
good learning and training.
Cons
honestly can't think of any.
heartwarming and caring environment
Kitchen Assistant (Former Employee) –  Billingshurst, West Sussex2 February 2017
a typical day of work consists of busy carers taking care of all service users very, and us kitchen staff must work in harmony with the carers if we want the trolleys to return in time so that we can all have time to take a break.

I had learnt some valuable lessons on adult life whilst i worked in sussex healthcare and the management has always been understanding that i am a student who may have others assignments and exams that i have to keep in mind as well.

the hardest part of the job was when there was not enough staff so everything is organised and the company had to call in agency who were not aware of the responsibilities in the kitchen and what to do, which slows down the whole day.

but the most enjoyable part of it all was that the service users were nice and the staffs always looked out for each other when things got hard. this example of hard work and team work was what made it enjoyable for me.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
long hours; even if it's a half day it's still 2 hours away from a long day