Sussex Health Care Employee Reviews

Advoid this company
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Horsham31 May 2018
I've worked for sussex healthcare for a while now. I would avoid this company like the plague. Management are bullies. Lots of Safeguarding. And media attention.
If you want a good care assistant job do not come here. Understaffed all the time. Bad attitude throughout upper management.
Pros
Cons
Too much to list
Mixed bag
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Sussex13 May 2018
Left to get on with the job. Induction is good but follow up is inconsistent when you start on the floor.Managment try but are under pressure from higher up.Rely too much on agency staff who like to tell you what to do.Getting through the shifts.helping the residents.
Pros
Nice residents, rewarding job
Cons
Everything else
Hca
Health Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Uckfield8 February 2018
It was my first job like a hca its was a hard job and one experience more in my life about this cain of job . I did many cain of duties and learn how manage my job in different situations
good company i had no issues
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Broadbridge Heath27 November 2017
If you want to progress then Sussex healthcare give you very good training and encouragement, I started with this company as career and left as assistant night manager. Reason for leaving found it to much after having a baby.
Pros
free lunches, good training
Cons
poor pay
Avoid this company
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Sussex14 November 2017
Avoid like the plague!
Over worked under paid, lots of responsibility no opportunity. Poor management no communication. But lovely service users they are the only good thing about working for this company. The company don’t care about their workers you are replaceable. High turn over of staff lots of Agency workers
Pros
The service user
Cons
No life
Have fun and comfortable workplace
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Horsham west sussex united kingdom12 September 2017
Productive place and fun workplace with nice workmates accesable workplace fun and loving people with trainings and orientationswith bonuses and vacations
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Long days
Fun
Senior Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Horsham, West Sussex15 August 2017
The staff is ok but the management is bad because they just don't care about your traing the bigest probleme they hire chip agency rhat are lazy because of that is a lot of stress
Pros
Cheap lunch
Cons
They van give you accomadation
Fell free
Senior Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Horsham, West Sussex18 July 2017
I am very HAPPY to work for people with learning disabilities. I enjoy my duties... I am doing night duty but it's very much interesting. It's so fun to work for them. My service users are very happy to see me
I can feel their mind when I am with them.
heartwarming and caring environment
Kitchen Assistant (Former Employee) –  Billingshurst, West Sussex2 February 2017
a typical day of work consists of busy carers taking care of all service users very, and us kitchen staff must work in harmony with the carers if we want the trolleys to return in time so that we can all have time to take a break.

I had learnt some valuable lessons on adult life whilst i worked in sussex healthcare and the management has always been understanding that i am a student who may have others assignments and exams that i have to keep in mind as well.

the hardest part of the job was when there was not enough staff so everything is organised and the company had to call in agency who were not aware of the responsibilities in the kitchen and what to do, which slows down the whole day.

but the most enjoyable part of it all was that the service users were nice and the staffs always looked out for each other when things got hard. this example of hard work and team work was what made it enjoyable for me.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
long hours; even if it's a half day it's still 2 hours away from a long day
Rewarding place to work
Kitchen assistant/ chef (Current Employee) –  Horsham, West Sussex20 December 2016
Prep and cook breakfast, prep and cook lunch and again for supper,
All cleaning and opening and closing the kitchen.
The hardest part of the job is having to work weekends and all holidays as it's a care home.
Pros
Rewarding
Cons
Working weekends

Want to know more about Sussex Health Care?

Ask a question
good
kitchen assistant (Current Employee) –  horsham29 November 2016
- quite busy and stressful some days when working
- salaries are low, mostly minimum rate for high standards
- trainings and courses available when needed
Pros
free lunches
Cons
bad management
Productive and fun working place
Care assistant (Current Employee) –  Broadbridge Heath1 November 2016
It's a nice place to live and work as it's very convenient and money saving. It's fun, strong team workers,kind and caring. Good management with close relationship.
Pros
Paid break
What you learned
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Horsham, ENG16 July 2013
Its a routine work here in sussex and I learned a lot on how to take care of the service users.attended all the provided trainings of Sussex heatlth care.
Pros
no coz I work at night
Cons
work here from 8pm-8am