Sussex Health Care Employee Reviews

Support Assistant (Current Employee) –  Horsham, West Sussex10 December 2018
I have worked here over two years now, find everyone really supportive and have a great work life/balance. Their training is great and you can do loads of courses
Pros
Training, free staff transport
Seriousely hard going but good training
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sussex28 November 2018
Great if you want a foot in the door of care work with training and qualifications. Expected to work very hard and under a lot of pressure. Basic pay with little hope of a reasonable rise if anything at all. You get a tin of biscuits at Christmas.
Pros
experience, training and qualifications
Cons
Long hours, no work life balance and low pay
Good Training opportunities, and to further your career
Deputy Manager (Current Employee) –  Billingshurst, West Sussex28 September 2018
I have worked for Sussex health care for almost 5 years, I have gone from Senior Care assistant to Team Leader to Deputy Manager. Training is great and there is always something else to learn and improve yourself on. I did work for the Company from 1998-2007 then cam back in 2014. Despite what you hear please come and see for yourselves, don't believe all that you hear.
Pros
good learning and training.
Cons
honestly can't think of any.
Really, really bad
Senior Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Horsham, West Sussex26 September 2018
A typical day is so insanely busy it can be all but impossible to take a bathroom break, let alone anything else. Homes are chronicly understaffed and so poorly managed it is criminal (literally and figuratively). 'Safeguarding issues' (code for neglect and abuse) is rampant. Managment will condemn no matter what - you're doomed if you do and doomed if you don't. The owners of the company literally own private jets and yachts yet families are lied to about their familiy members' care, especially concerning specific additional care / activities they are funded for that just does not happen. Bullying between staff is not only allowed but actively encouraged by management. Job security is decent and drivers get away with anything - they are pretty desperate for staff so if you are in a bind they would do for a paycheck while looking for something else.
Pros
The residents are lovely.
Cons
Everything else.
Very multicultural and full of hard working people
kitchen assists (Current Employee) –  Billingshurst, West Sussex28 August 2018
Despite its ups and downs, the place is surrounded by hardworking staffs who genuinely care about the services they give to the service users. a typical day at work can vary from being too busy or quite mellow it just depends on how the day is.

I've learned over the years that i've worked in sussex healthcare, that teamwork is definitely the key ingredient to getting the job done, as the place thrives through each staff's support.

the management has been doing so well over the years as well, but it still needs more permanent staffs instead of agencies but overall it's better than it was 2 years ago.

the workplace does a good job of advertising equality and non-discriminatory act e.g. no one is allowed to speak in their own language, which i appreciate.
Pros
lunches provided for £2
Cons
very busy, long hours
Advoid this company
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Horsham31 May 2018
I've worked for sussex healthcare for a while now. I would avoid this company like the plague. Management are bullies. Lots of Safeguarding. And media attention.
If you want a good care assistant job do not come here. Understaffed all the time. Bad attitude throughout upper management.
Pros
Cons
Too much to list
Mixed bag
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Sussex13 May 2018
Left to get on with the job. Induction is good but follow up is inconsistent when you start on the floor.Managment try but are under pressure from higher up.Rely too much on agency staff who like to tell you what to do.Getting through the shifts.helping the residents.
Pros
Nice residents, rewarding job
Cons
Everything else
Productive and fun work place
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Horsham12 March 2018
My typical day is Cleaning the rooms of the residents and some common areas like corridors, toilets, kitchen, and offices. I learned how to work WITH Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations (COSHH).
Pros
Accommodation 50% discount
Cons
Is located in a sleepy City.
Hca
Health Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Uckfield8 February 2018
It was my first job like a hca its was a hard job and one experience more in my life about this cain of job . I did many cain of duties and learn how manage my job in different situations
good company i had no issues
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Broadbridge Heath27 November 2017
If you want to progress then Sussex healthcare give you very good training and encouragement, I started with this company as career and left as assistant night manager. Reason for leaving found it to much after having a baby.
Pros
free lunches, good training
Cons
poor pay
Avoid this company
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Sussex14 November 2017
Avoid like the plague!
Over worked under paid, lots of responsibility no opportunity. Poor management no communication. But lovely service users they are the only good thing about working for this company. The company don’t care about their workers you are replaceable. High turn over of staff lots of Agency workers
Pros
The service user
Cons
No life
Have fun and comfortable workplace
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Horsham west sussex united kingdom12 September 2017
Productive place and fun workplace with nice workmates accesable workplace fun and loving people with trainings and orientationswith bonuses and vacations
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Long days
Fun
Senior Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Horsham, West Sussex15 August 2017
The staff is ok but the management is bad because they just don't care about your traing the bigest probleme they hire chip agency rhat are lazy because of that is a lot of stress
Pros
Cheap lunch
Cons
They van give you accomadation
Fell free
Senior Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Horsham, West Sussex18 July 2017
I am very HAPPY to work for people with learning disabilities. I enjoy my duties... I am doing night duty but it's very much interesting. It's so fun to work for them. My service users are very happy to see me
I can feel their mind when I am with them.
heartwarming and caring environment
Kitchen Assistant (Former Employee) –  Billingshurst, West Sussex2 February 2017
a typical day of work consists of busy carers taking care of all service users very, and us kitchen staff must work in harmony with the carers if we want the trolleys to return in time so that we can all have time to take a break.

I had learnt some valuable lessons on adult life whilst i worked in sussex healthcare and the management has always been understanding that i am a student who may have others assignments and exams that i have to keep in mind as well.

the hardest part of the job was when there was not enough staff so everything is organised and the company had to call in agency who were not aware of the responsibilities in the kitchen and what to do, which slows down the whole day.

but the most enjoyable part of it all was that the service users were nice and the staffs always looked out for each other when things got hard. this example of hard work and team work was what made it enjoyable for me.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
long hours; even if it's a half day it's still 2 hours away from a long day
Rewarding place to work
Kitchen assistant/ chef (Current Employee) –  Horsham, West Sussex20 December 2016
Prep and cook breakfast, prep and cook lunch and again for supper,
All cleaning and opening and closing the kitchen.
The hardest part of the job is having to work weekends and all holidays as it's a care home.
Pros
Rewarding
Cons
Working weekends
good
kitchen assistant (Current Employee) –  horsham29 November 2016
- quite busy and stressful some days when working
- salaries are low, mostly minimum rate for high standards
- trainings and courses available when needed
Pros
free lunches
Cons
bad management
Productive and fun working place
Care assistant (Current Employee) –  Broadbridge Heath1 November 2016
It's a nice place to live and work as it's very convenient and money saving. It's fun, strong team workers,kind and caring. Good management with close relationship.
Pros
Paid break
What you learned
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Horsham, ENG16 July 2013
Its a routine work here in sussex and I learned a lot on how to take care of the service users.attended all the provided trainings of Sussex heatlth care.
Pros
no coz I work at night
Cons
work here from 8pm-8am