Sussex Community NHS Foundation Trust Employee Reviews for Healthcare Assistant

Understaffed
Health Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Haywards Heath, West Sussex28 June 2017
Lack of staff lead to low morale

Due to the shortness of staff, it has become difficult to attend the needs of the patient. However I can manage to deal with the difficulties because I can work hard under pressure.

Without the support of the management, it is very hard to do your task.

It was a nice place to work but due to under-staffing many of the new staff has left.

The hardest part of the job was attending to the needs of the patients when you are very short staffed.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the feeling that you have fulfilled your duty and do the best that you could to make the patients happy.
Cons
Understaffed
Stressful but at times rewarding
Healthcare Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newhaven18 March 2017
I felt supported in my learning however I did not feel the management took sufficient care of their staff in terms of acknowledging their need for health and sickness leave, reduction in hours from contract, and point blank refusing to take staff off night shifts that were deteriorating rapidly due to not being able to cope as well as not being aware before they took the job how many night shifts they would be expected to do which sometimes clashed with day shifts.
Pros
Lots of career progression opportunities
Cons