Sussex Community NHS Foundation Trust Employee Reviews

average
Administrator (Current Employee) –  scft9 January 2019
unsupported and no way to progress
there is no more to say the company has no progression and is unsupported in every way - i would be reticent to work there again
Fun place to work
Work Experience Placement (Former Employee) –  Brighton, East Sussex25 September 2018
In my 3 weeks here I thought it was a great place to gain experience I was working on computers
Had a time we’re I was out with one of the nurses attending a meeting
Unappreciated
Podiatry Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Worthing, West Sussex24 May 2018
Let down, no support and unappreciated. Misled by the job and pay. 0% chance of progression, low band scale unable to more onto higher grade. failed by management.
Pros
some fantastic patients and colleagues
Cons
everything else
Productive and fun
Receptionist/Administrator (Current Employee) –  Crawley16 February 2018
The team I work with are very fun and supportive and no 2 days are the same. Although it can be stressful there is always someone you can turn to for help and assistance
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Burgess Hill29 November 2017
A typical day at work would be dealing with messages left on the phone, ringing patients to book appointments. Inputting information onto the system. Answering the phone. Typing reports. filing, scanning and faxing.
You learn to be organised with out organisation one would not be able to get the tasks done for the day. Have built a lot of confidence in talking to patients as well as professional staff.
Pros
To progress and move up the scale
Pressurised and stressful environment
Full time Generic Health Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  West Sussex17 November 2017
Due to teams recently merging it has caused some anxiety within the staff group. Many people are unsettled and are choosing to seek alternative employment.
Love the people I work with.
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Hove, East Sussex23 July 2017
After visiting diabetic patients between 8-9 am, return to the office to co-ordinate the day, managing staff, completing off duty, managing phone calls from patients, and other organisations. Supervision, appraisals, auditing. Allocations of work for the dat ahead. attending meetings with GP's and other managers, visiting sveral complex patients, and managing students.
Pros
I love my job, and the day goes quickly.
Cons
always very busy, not enough time to do everything.
Understaffed
Health Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Haywards Heath, West Sussex28 June 2017
Lack of staff lead to low morale

Due to the shortness of staff, it has become difficult to attend the needs of the patient. However I can manage to deal with the difficulties because I can work hard under pressure.

Without the support of the management, it is very hard to do your task.

It was a nice place to work but due to under-staffing many of the new staff has left.

The hardest part of the job was attending to the needs of the patients when you are very short staffed.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the feeling that you have fulfilled your duty and do the best that you could to make the patients happy.
Cons
Understaffed
Positive team experience
Technical projects / Desktop Support engineer (Former Employee) –  Brighton, East Sussex8 June 2017
Great work environment - relaxed but focused.

Cameraderie and team working a real bonus.

Work was interesting and varied, although pay is limited (public sector....).
Pros
Great team ethic
Cons
Poor pay and conditions
Easy Going and hours of work suit me.
Community Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Peacehaven, East Sussex16 May 2017
The most enjoyable part of the job is going out into the Community and meeting lots of different people on a daily basis. The hardest part is that the salary is very poor and there are no allowances for using your own car.
Pros
The hours suit me
Cons
Poor pay
Stressful but at times rewarding
Healthcare Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newhaven18 March 2017
I felt supported in my learning however I did not feel the management took sufficient care of their staff in terms of acknowledging their need for health and sickness leave, reduction in hours from contract, and point blank refusing to take staff off night shifts that were deteriorating rapidly due to not being able to cope as well as not being aware before they took the job how many night shifts they would be expected to do which sometimes clashed with day shifts.
Pros
Lots of career progression opportunities
Cons
Busy workplace never time to say you're bored!
Ward Clerk (Current Employee) –  Crawley13 November 2016
Busy from the moment you arrive to the time your day ends. Challenging but rewarding at the same time. working alongside people who really care about the wellbeing of patients. Learning something new everyday as the role evolves constantly. The hardest part is learning to accept that you can never finish everything in a day and accepting that funding is always an issue.
Pros
Free onsite parking
Cons
Never enough hours in the day.
I love working here
Dental nurse (Current Employee) –  Brighton and Hove4 September 2016
I really enjoy my job with Sussex community.
I love meeting the variety of patients.
I never get the feeling of "ugh I don't want to go to work today"
The management are supportive and always encourage you to forefil your potential something that is sometimes lacking in general practice.
You also get an NHS petition which you don't get in general practice.
Pros
Never a dull moment.
Large & Expanding NHS Trust
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Brighton, ENG27 December 2015
I work with children complex health needs nurse lead service enjoyable & fun nursing job.
Take childrens out as part local community.
I have gain nursing & clinical skills within this role that can be transferable to any other role within nursing care.
Pros
Some Bank Hols off & closed Christmas & New Year
Cons
Lack of Band 6 roles for RNLDS
Good teamwork
Bank Health Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sussex8 November 2014
Good organization, work flows very well. Staff are helpful and accommodating as well as friendly to all. Patients are happy to be treated there.
the place is enjoyable and fun
facilities assistant (Former Employee) –  brighton27 February 2014
to be able to work and accommodate other co-workers i worked with, the workers were friendly,i enjoyed the job because i learned so much from it. the hardest part was when i had to resume at 6am i had to wake very early and walk down the station for about 30 minutes because there will be bus as at that time
challenging and rewarding work
relaxation and wellbeing therapist (Former Employee) –  brighton and hove9 April 2013
A typical day would involve: prioritising workload, making appointments by phone and other admin tasks; visiting palliative care patients and their families providing support and signposting to other services where appropriate; attending meetings; service development and occasional teaching; drawing up care plans and documentation. I learned a lot about life and it's value; working as part of a multi-professional team; communication skills and conflict management. The hardest part of the job was having enough time in the day to all I wanted to do. The most enjoyable was just about everything really.
Pros
working in an environment with compassion at the heart
Cons
not enough time