Surrey and Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust

Surrey and Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust Employee Reviews

I worked as a domestic assistant, the actual job was good and it was rewarding as you where having a positive impact on patients, there where cleaning plans to follow so you always knew what you where doing and when, however the management was terrible. The supervisors didn’t know what they where doing and I was left without any infectious waste bags for 2 weeks because none of them could figure out who’s responsibility it was. there was also a bad culture among the staff of rumour spreading. It took an incredibly long amount of time from being accepted in the interview to actually working, 2 months to be exact and there was no proper training, just a handbook to read outside of work hours and 3 days with another domestic showing you the ropes and then you where left alone. I would not have left if the management had been better as the job itself was good, and the doctors and nurses on my areas where all lovely!
Pros
Work was rewarding, plenty of time given to do the job properly, easy to follow cleaning plans
Cons
Bad management, lots of rumourmongering, no training
The Trust was deservedly rated Outstanding by the Care Quality Commission, and it was an honour to work for such a respected Trust. Although working on the frontline of the National Health Service is incredibly stressful, the support from colleagues and from line managers was invaluable and you always felt appreciated and cared for.
I look forward to going to work everyday Love my job and of course meeting new people daily.nhs is a good company to work for.kind and caring in a fast paced environment
I find that I am often required to be a clerk for 3 wards and not only the one designated. Not always possible to have any break and high volume of work and low staffing. Very little support from senior members of staff.
Fast paced environment. Management amazing. Excellent team. Good benefits. Appreciated for your hard work. Absolutely amazing. The Administration manager is very easy going, helpful, empathetic and understanding. The team leader is just like your friend and very helpful. The team gels well
Pros
Excellent team
Cons
Working in the porter cabin
So I started work here over 12 yrs ago. Did my training and was encouraged to progress. Holidays are good and pay is fine (it is the Nhs after all) I would urge anyone that wants to work for a good employer to consider SaSh
Pros
Working hours, pay, holidays, career
Cons
Some times long hours
Working at East Surrey Hospital is undoubtedly the best place I worked. . It is an environment where everyone is there to help the patients and other staff members to the best of their ability. Seeing how Surrey's busiest hospital is run was extremely exciting to see, and witness the pressures which the NHS is currently under. I cannot recommend highly enough the benefits of working within the NHS. Brilliant team players, Staff working together to provide care and support to patients and their families. Management are always supportive when it comes to encouraging staff with training.
porters are generally treated like dogsbodies, unimportant workhorses. pay was below requirements for basic living. colleagues were fun to work with
ESH is a very busy hospital, with a supportive management team who are happy to implement staffs ideas. Our governance team are always looking for new and improved methods of sharing learning.
I worked in Microbiology for nearly 10 years at first I loved my job but by the end it was so stressful it made me ill. My colleagues were great, hard working, friendly people but the management ruined the job. We were constantly understaffed and overworked. Instead of training current staff or employing new staff the same people were overworked doing several peoples jobs and jobs higher than their pay band. The constant stress meant people were often ill impacting the service further. This eventually caused several staff members to leave all within a few weeks of each other. Impacting the service further. Despite constant requests to managers for support and help nothing ever materialised. I left for my health's sake.
Pros
Lovely Scientists and MLA's
Cons
Management need to be trained in managing
Learnt new skills here, found it a challenging place to work as very short staffed and this made it feel unsafe. Excellent staff work here under difficult circumstances.
I enjoyed working here. The staff are very friendly. You meet people from different backgrounds and learn a lot. The work culture is very positive. The nursery and per-school are fantastic.
Pros
Excellent Management
Cons
None that I can think of
The culture here is great - really friendly, supportive colleagues and senior management. Everyone is hardworking and it's a great team effort. I enjoyed every day of the interim contract that I had here.
Whilst i have worked atthis Hospital for many years and have a lovely manager, The work is getting very stressful as many more patients are coming to the hospital but the staff numbers are not being increased to cope with this.
Pros
Nice people to work with
Cons
Extremely poor pay
Amazing place to work with diverse workforce, you learn everyday. Friendly staff. Although work can be sometimes hectic, but with strong organisational and time management skills you can sort everything out.