Surrey and Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust Employee Reviews

3.3Pay & Benefits
3.4Job Security & Advancement
Stressful not enough staff
Medical Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Frontier Pathology/Surrey and Sussex Health Care30 January 2019
I worked in Microbiology for nearly 10 years at first I loved my job but by the end it was so stressful it made me ill. My colleagues were great, hard working, friendly people but the management ruined the job. We were constantly understaffed and overworked. Instead of training current staff or employing new staff the same people were overworked doing several peoples jobs and jobs higher than their pay band. The constant stress meant people were often ill impacting the service further. This eventually caused several staff members to leave all within a few weeks of each other. Impacting the service further. Despite constant requests to managers for support and help nothing ever materialised. I left for my health's sake.
Pros
Lovely Scientists and MLA's
Cons
Management need to be trained in managing
Challenging work place
Midwife (Former Employee) –  Redhill21 November 2018
Learnt new skills here, found it a challenging place to work as very short staffed and this made it feel unsafe. Excellent staff work here under difficult circumstances.
Progressive Organisation
Medical Devices Educator (Current Employee) –  Redhill1 November 2018
I enjoyed working here. The staff are very friendly. You meet people from different backgrounds and learn a lot. The work culture is very positive. The nursery and per-school are fantastic.
Pros
Excellent Management
Cons
None that I can think of
A Great place to work
Interim Governance Manager (Former Employee) –  Surrey28 June 2018
The culture here is great - really friendly, supportive colleagues and senior management.
Everyone is hardworking and it's a great team effort.
I enjoyed every day of the interim contract that I had here.
stressful and under staffed
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Redhill, Surrey31 March 2017
Whilst i have worked atthis Hospital for many years and have a lovely manager, The work is getting very stressful as many more patients are coming to the hospital but the staff numbers are not being increased to cope with this.
Pros
Nice people to work with
Cons
Extremely poor pay
Productive and fun place to work
Patient Administrator (Current Employee) –  Surrey27 September 2016
Amazing place to work with diverse workforce, you learn everyday.
Friendly staff. Although work can be sometimes hectic, but with strong organisational and time management skills you can sort everything out.