SUPERDRY

SUPERDRY Employee Reviews

United Kingdom113 reviews
Bullied and overworked
This job became incredibly stressful during busy periods as they were understaffed and did not hire more.
There were times I ran the men's floor by myself with no management on the floor.

They expected you to be security and customer service at the same time.
Family alike
This company has been very friendly to me and therefore I made sure to put in 100% effort into the work. This place has been busy at peaks but with the positive attitude the team always overcome it.
Excellent place to work
Good training, excellent management and great collaboration.

I would highly recommend working at Superdry. Great staff and products.

Training is thorough.
Fun and relaxed workplace
Great, friendly and fun working environment created by staff and management. Working for Superdry helped me to improve upon my costumer service skills.
Energetic, positive but intense workplace
I loved the sense of community at this company. everyone was very welcoming, although one is expected to know what their doing upon arrival which I struggled with. I also felt because of how close everyone was, it was hard to feel accepted as a fresh face and I felt some unfriendliness/ rudeness from other employees.
Pros
Flexible hours. Easy to ask for overtime
Cons
No simple instructions. one must balance many responsibilities at the same time.
Welcoming Family like environment
The staff treat you like family and most of the management team are lovely the odd few aren't but overall it was such a pleasant place to work unless you have illness that might require extensive sick days
The Team becomes like a family.
A typical day at work starts dependant on which shift you are put on, you begin by cleaning and end the shift by cleaning and throught the day you will be serving and helping customers find the right oufit for them.

I've learned how to deal with the genral public, expecially at a retail sector.

Hardest part of the job is inconcistent shift patterns as well as if there are a lot of customers shopping one day it becomes clustered and stressful, however on a slow day it is boring and not much happens.

Most enjoyable part of the job is helping certian customers find the right outfit or item that you know they will ebnjoy, as well a chatting to customers about there day to day activities. The team also becomes like a massive family, from all backgrounds.
productive and fun workplace
the team at basingstoke are great fun and super helpful. everyone is very understanding and will show you how things are done in the correct manner. we always have a good laugh and make sure that targets are known and staff are trying to reach them. the level of service is very high and motivational.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at SUPERDRY?
Relaxed and Well Run Workplace
If retail in a clothes store is a job you have enjoyed or think you will enjoy then I'd recommend Superdry highly. The team where I work are a lovely group who have been welcoming and supportive since I've joined. The work can be tedious but if you're ok with that then the job might be for you.
Friendly work place
Everybody was friendly and helpful.

Good communication with all the costumers.

A very tidy place but not very clean. There was not a regular cleaner.
Pros
Part time
Great place
Management genuinely care for their staff, great team culture and benefits from management, very diverse throughout staff where you can meet different types of people
Working with a variety of people from different ages helped me to engage with people on a daily basis to talk to anyone which has made me very confident from now into my other careers. The hardest part was was the working wasn't working around my flexibility hours.
Pros
Breaks
Cons
No flexibility of my work hours
Fast-paced, enoyable
Working at Superdry can be a very stressful place to work due to the demands of customers and management, however this is expected in almost all retail work, other than that it can be enjoyable as you are in a fast placed environment, and if you are anything like me you will enjoy the team you work with.
Friendly and supportive environment, however somewhat un-organised
I joined Superdry Brighton as a Christmas Temp in November 2019. The staff were friendly and supportive and made me feel very welcome. The workplace was busy but not chaotic which is the type of workplace I enjoy. The only problem I had with Superdry was how they handled the end of my time with them. I knew that my contract was temporary, however I was told that there could be chance for temporary staff to be kept on. Due to filling multiple 'reward stamp cards' during my time and being offered more shifts, I thought I would be in with a chance of staying on. I worked the last day of my contract and was concerned I hadn't been told if i would stay on. I asked one of my managers who said I should have been spoken to already as everyone else had. I asked again later at which point I was told that if I was being kept on I would have been told already. this was very disapointing as the reason they gave was 'not having the budget' and there was nothing I could have done better.
Exciting place to work
I truly enjoyed working here it was fun, yet serious at the same time, really able to establish a good work place family and management genuinely cared about staff and their personal life.
Productive and fun workplace
it has been an eye-opening yet highly rewarding experience where I have been able to express myself and my ideas as well as being rewarded for my handwork.
Friendly staff, Good Benefits
Pay is decent depending on age and needs, 50% Staff discount is very useful and should be considered a blessing. Most of the staff were very friendly and fun to work with. Most Management staff are very helpful and nice towards everyone. Hours were slightly unpredictable, as you could be doing 30 hours one week and 18 the next with no notice. And shifts would sometimes be changed with little to no notice, although it does depend on the manager who controls shift patterns. Overall good company to work for, would recommend. 8/10
Pros
30 mins to 1 hour breaks if doing 6+ hrs/ 50% Staff Discount
Cons
Unpredictable Hours, the odd staff colleague being moody for no reason and taking it out on you
Fun, Collaborative
Workplace culture is friendly, quite responsive to the jobs description,

What you do are standardizing clothes, working at tills, and secure the fitting rooms.

Staff sales are great.
Awful Company, Steer Clear
A horrible company. I started working for Superdry in March 2014 and left early this year. I seen a thriving retail company turn into a literal High School in front of my eyes. The culture is so bad. Progression is unthinkable and bullying is rife. Especially in Scotland. Store managers tend to be OK but those promoted to Supervisor or Keyholder are the bosses pals.

I heard stories from several stores of bullying and favourtism. I.e a managers friend on an 8 hour contract getting to work full time whilst other part time staff are struggling on 8 hours a week.

Until 2016 my wage rose considerably from around £6 an hour to £7.50 an hour. After this, my only wage rise was in line with the living wage standards and not their own pay.

No bonuses, heavy sales tagrets but no comission. Too much time spend playing games and doing morning briefs.

Abuses students and people who have never worked before like something rotten.

Do not recommend.
OK place to work - Management ruin the experience.
Although it is an international brand, even from the ground level it is obvious why the company is failing slowly - the stigma and poor social atmosphere featured at the upper echelons of management, distills and trickles down to the ground level (Shop Assistant/Floor Manager) to be concentrated force of negativity from the moment you start work until you finish.

The above is true in multiple stores (in my experience)
Pros
Relatively Relaxed
Cons
Management arrange rotas and shifts for personal gain
Depends on management
I was bullied out of my job in Trinity Leeds so I recommend staying away from there. Managers don’t care about mental health or health in general and will undermine, intimidate and threaten you. Company in general is decent but rate of pay is horrendous.