Superdrug Employee Reviews

Found 1,124 reviews matching the search See all 1,153 reviews
Lovely!!!
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Taunton10 July 2018
I really enjoyed working with Superdrug. They train well, move you up and support you where needed. The staff are lovely and always plan events outside of work which everyone is invited too.
ONLY did work experience
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London7 July 2018
Since I had only done work experience, I cannot give a true representation of what is like to be employed at Superdrug. At my time there they would assign me tasks but most of the time I found myself bored.
fun place
Customer Service Assistant (Work Experience) (Former Employee) –  Loughton5 July 2018
nice environment and lovely staff to work with got along very well with everyone there they were very supportive loved assisting customers and shelf stacking nice environment but unfortunately they got rid of me and even to this day i dont know why could of got a paid job out of it
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Sutton-In-Ashfield2 July 2018
A typical day at work would be very busy but not too busy therefore the hours would go by really fast. This was great as it made you enjoy work.
This was my first job therefore I learnt a lot such as how to deal with customers and what work life is like.
The management staff were really nice and fair.
The workplace culture was also good.
The hardest part of the job was promotion night as this took a lot of time and energy as you had to change all prices and move the shop around.
The most enjoyable part was re designing the shelves.
Pros
Christmas Bonus
Cons
Some rude staff
Active work place
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chichester28 June 2018
• Working on the perfume counter service customers
• Assisting customers with any queries
• Regular stock checks
• Assisting with deliveries
• Boosting promotions on the shop floor
Pros
Discount - Hours offered
Cons
Late night training after full day
Fun workplace
Assistant Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Croydon, Greater London23 June 2018
I have learnt how to update data and how to file the files clearly and I have had a great exprience as the staff are very friendly, the worplace is very clean and great to work in
Trainee (Former Employee) –  Westfield Stratford City, Greater London21 June 2018
When working at Superdrug my manager knew that I have had no experience at retail whatsoever so he assigned me to be under an employees wing and he taught me many things about retail and how to get the job done. In my opinion it was a great learning experience as at the time it helped with my confidence of speaking to people.
Pros
Free lunch
Enjoyable sales environment
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Melksham20 June 2018
I very much enjoyed working for Superdrug; I appreciated the benefits such as employee discount, and excelled in recommending products to customers such as makeup and perfume. However, I found that due to the management in the particular shop I was in, I was extremely limited and was not taught as much as I should have been. I helped out at other stores and the management was surprised that I could not complete simple tasks simply because my manager had never shown me how to do them. Additionally, I believed that the pay rate was extremely low, even for someone under the age of 18.
Pros
Interest in products sold
Cons
Low pay and poor management
Ok
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Letchworth18 June 2018
Poor salary, met nice people there. Bad management, horrible boss and poor lunch breaks. Good place to get customer service experience. Not long hall job
Bullying negativity and horrible hours
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire17 June 2018
Worst company. Management used to b*tch behind my back, pervy team leader, horrible work/life balance they would change rota at the last minute and expect you to know, badgering us on StarBuys there was a constant negative vibe in our store. I no longer felt welcome working there picking on me for the littlest of things such as forgetting my badge or having my discount card in my pocket.

I was the youngest there and they treat their staff like numbers not people they’re very rude and discriminative always commenting on my hair especially due to being black.

Breaks are so short too

Be prepared to be flexible to work at Superdrug they get mad when you’re sick too.

Overall very catty place to work I don’t recommend working here it just makes you feel horrible
Pros
Pay
Cons
Bullying, discrimination, unequal, no work/life balance
Work experience at school
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kingston upon Hull16 June 2018
Enjoyed the work experience I did, but this is completely unbiased as I was only given simple tasks to do. This entitled me to Ben prepared for the working life.
Pros
Good work experience
Cons
No job at the end
Terrible
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Hull, East Riding of Yorkshire13 June 2018
bullying, harassment and negative environment. treated many staff like children.
unrealistic targets and have to do hard selling every day otherwise you are pulled into the office. they advertise it as a fun work place. IT IS NOT!
ncie work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London12 June 2018
it was a nice place to work at, nice people were. it was my first jon so i was quiet nervous but the team allowed me to grow as a person. i really liked my days there.
it was a fantastic place to work
Training Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Wilmslow, Cheshire10 June 2018
a day at work in superdrug was different each time as i was always learning a wide range of skills and product knowledge, management was brilliant and so friendly, the hardest part of my job was being in a store that sold a lot of female products which i had to learn about in order to be able to engage people
Pros
excellent staff and lovely customers
Cons
thieves
Ok place to work
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Didcot, Oxfordshire10 June 2018
Although this has been a great job to have unfortunately my shifts are not always guaranteed and my shifts can be cancelled at short notice. Unfortunately this does not work for me as I need guaranteed work every week.
Fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Worcester, Worcestershire8 June 2018
Worked on temporary contracts for summer work- always happy for me to return. Interesting to work in a different route of retail to what I was used to.
alright
ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Braehead, Glasgow4 June 2018
worked here for work experience when I was younger and it wasn't too bad the staff were friendly but I could not give an accurate rating as I never was paid for working here.
Pros
flexible
Cons
no pay
Demanding fun at times
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Southampton, Hampshire31 May 2018
I worked for Superdrug Stores when they were Woolworth Holding

great to work for rewarded staff for their efforts.

Kingfisher Plc took over soon after nothing changed much at first

we came more professional. The business grew at quite a rate

very profit focussed.

Some restructuring had to take place difficult times
Pros
recognised abilities and rewarded them for it
Good part-time job
SALES ADVISOR (Former Employee) –  Essex31 May 2018
It was easy work but not enough hours and the pay is not great. Always kept busy. Getting to organise all of the make-up is enjoyable. Promotion evenings are tough sometimes.
great workplace
delivery driver (Former Employee) –  Coventry31 May 2018
management easily approachable, fun place to work with a great team, I qualified as a medicine counter assistant here after being given the opportunity to progress through work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Superdrug. Our community is ready to answer.