Superdrug Employee Reviews

Fun work place
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ilford, Greater London23 September 2017
I have enjoyed working in Superdrug. its a really fun and peaceful environment to work in. I get along with all the customers and provide them with what they need. Also I am able to give customers advice in certain products they buy, and make sure they have high expectations. I use to get praised by working really hard and helping customers out. Superdrug was a really fantastic job. I would advise anyone who is interested in retail to work in Superdrug as they will love the customers and the staff.
Pros
long lunch break if you work long hours
Cons
stopping customers from opening products all the time
upbeat and unpredictable
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ilford, Greater London green lane21 September 2017
Super drug was a very unpredictable place, there were times when the shop floor was packed with customers and hours where there was absolutely nothing to do other than check the stock was constantly replenished . The hardest part of the job was dealing with unsatisfyed customers but on the otherhand the best part of the job was helping customers find exactly what they needed
Pros
local shops I could go to for my lunch breaks
Cons
Having that Superdrug feeling!
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Totnes21 September 2017
Everyday presents new experiences and challenges. I am enjoying working within a team and engaging with the public.

Discovering new products and learning about their benefits has been a really good experience.
Pros
Dicsount, Freebies, Training
Cons
On my feet all the time
Discusting - Dead rats and mold
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Biggleswade21 September 2017
Overworked - 6 day weeks (sometimes 7)
The work place is discsting dead rats outside i slipped on a guy came in and told us all the black mold on the walls was very dangerous to breate in - all round discusting.

The management is awful you cannot go to the toilet without being moanded at

Could write so much more but would be here all day.

- Much better friedly clean places to work.
Pros
Makeup
Cons
Managment, sanitation, long hours, dead rats, overworked
working at Superdrug is an excellent opportunity!
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Kent20 September 2017
I am currently working at Superdrug and love working there, the staff are all lovely and helpful and really helped me settle in. I am happy with my job and love everything about it.
Pros
Good team
Cons
Should treat their staff better.
Sales Assistant / Fragrance Specialist (Former Employee) –  London16 September 2017
Enjoyed the team that I worked with but I felt that this company takes their staff for granted. The branch where I worked was one of their flagship stores but you wouldn't think so with the lack of staff they had and I felt that this was a dis-service to the customer because they could not find staff to assist them. For the low wages they were paying whilst I was there this company definately got their monies worth because most of the time it felt like you were doing 3 peoples jobs.
fun work place
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester16 September 2017
it was really productuive and fun towork there,helping out customers and meeting new people it was also never boring and i always had something to do.
Good
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leamington Spa, Warwickshire16 September 2017
Not a very stimulating experience but not very challenging either. Staff are always friendly and will help with problems if you have them when you first start.
management is a mess
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Rickmansworth15 September 2017
you will be expected to work in temperatures that the council deemed unsafe with no heating or air con
the pay is okay but you will do alot of work for free
Pros
paid breaks, friendly team members, discount
Cons
no heating/air con, aggressive management
productive
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London15 September 2017
I have learned many skills and met great people, I I always had an productive day. this work place was diverse and the most enjoyable part of the job is getting the work done fast and getting new challenge.
Pros
new challenges
Cons
short hours
Nice workplace and lovely team!
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Louth, Lincolnshire14 September 2017
The job has a variety of aspects, all of which are enjoyable and the team is incredible! Some elements of the work becomes very repetitive however this is eventually balanced by changing tasks
Pros
Nice manager
Cons
Short hours, and short breaks
Each day was challenging.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leicester14 September 2017
Typical day for me would be constantly being on the till, but that didn't make it any less boring or the same. I constantly met new exciting people and made great conversations with those, and being able to sell products and registering card's for people always made me happier. It's a very hectic environment, especially on weekend's because that's when the shop is the messiest, and you have to stay behind and make it all tidy, which was the only downside. There's usually a lot of overtime, but it's mostly a very fun enjoyable place to work.
Pros
Benefits, Meeting new people
Cons
Overtime
average experience
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tottenham Court Road13 September 2017
the management i had at my store seemed to lack basic knowledge of how to manage. he was at times rude and hostile to the customers and regarding me, he entered my birthdate incorrectly on some documents which resulted in me being taxed to much. the staff at my store were fairly hostile also, with a few being friendly. being able to interact with different customers over the till was probably the best part of the job. the hardest part of the job is trying to give 100% attention to your customer while also trying to monitor who comes into the store to ensure there is no theft. in some respect it is quite demanding. i learned that it is very important to take responsibility for yourself and that customer service that is good, goes a long way in the customers eyes.
Pros
Customer interaction
Cons
Management, workload
It was fun
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands13 September 2017
Superdrug was not the best as I was on work experience, it was at a time when the weather was not the best so I worked in the warehouse which was cold
Pros
Lunch breaks
Cons
Excellent training and support and excellent benifits bonus and incentives for the whole team
Manager (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire13 September 2017
The training and support was excellent. There is a good work life balance obviously there are occasions when you need to put in extra hours but this is not excessive. Deliveries are on the whole well balanced and not overly excessive. Company KPI are mostly achievable. As manager you can influence and make it a fun place to work
Pros
Good Benifits. Excellent training. Good work home balance
Cons
Staffing hours can be tight
easygoing workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brighton, East Sussex12 September 2017
I enjoyed working at both the Basingstoke and the Brighton stores, management in both locations were very understanding about the importance of getting the work/study balance right.
Pros
discount card
Cons
short breaks and not a lot of rotation of in store jobs
freindly and fast paced enviorement
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London11 September 2017
A very great start for heading towards a successful career in retail management as you come across all the obstacles and pressure you would deal with at any higher level in management and must be productive and actively come up with solutions working as a team and as an individual to achieve your objectives,

overall a very progressive company with an aim to last in the market for the long run and dominate retail and i believe they could achieve they're as im familiar with the companies vision for the future.

Company offers staff with benefits of in store discount and paying for all travel fees for company related journeys
Quite fun
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester10 September 2017
I think this largely depends on the management in your store and area. I got on well with my colleagues but the area managers seem to like to move staff around a lot rather than employ new staff. As a sales assistant, your hours will also fluctuate greatly from week to week which can be annoying
Bad place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Reading, Berkshire10 September 2017
Security and management was awful. There was lots of gossip and lots of favouritism between manager and employees, didn't enjoy at all. Pay wasn't very good either.
Pros
Long lunches
Cons
Negative colleagues
Lovely people to work for in the store I worked in
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Somerset9 September 2017
I enjoyed working with the staff at my store. Helpful and informative. I could do the job asked of me.
The working hours were flexible, although not having regular days was awkward to live with.
The whole Superdrug experience is a complete pain and is one reason I left. Pushing too hard. Asking the same things to the same people day after day, all in case the mystery shopper was in.
Pros
Discounts.
Cons
Awkward working rota. Different hours and days each week

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Superdrug. Our community is ready to answer.