Superdrug Employee Reviews

horrible place.
Sale Assistant (Current Employee) –  Essex7 March 2018
Horrible place to work. Managers horrible. Money is horrible. 4 hour a week contract. is not what you call a job. They need to rethink everything within the employment.
Pros
none.
Cons
everything
Horrible Company to work for
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dundee City5 March 2018
Superdrug care about nothing but money. They don't care about their employee's at all. The management are rude, disrespectful and insensitive to peoples situations.
Pros
nothing
Cons
never ending list
workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Trafford, Greater Manchester2 March 2018
was really good experience on a work experience would of loved to have worked within the store. the staff was every help full and a wonderful team. the store was very clean and a well working environment
enjoyable
Helping staff (Former Employee) –  east london ilford2 March 2018
it was great it was abit challenging for me, I learnt lots off new things on where the products where and what shelf to go to if a customer needed help for a product. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping customers and advertising perfumes out in Christmas which I enjoyed the most.
Retail after school job
Customer/ Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Didcot1 March 2018
It was an after school job for me so I really couldn't comment on much more, than the team were lovely, the work was as expected, and the pay was about standard for everywhere else at the time.
Pros
Local
Cons
Not a career
Lovely place to work
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bodmin28 February 2018
I learnt a lot whilst working at superdrug including working with customers, working with stock etc. The people I worked with were all lovely and I always felt welcome.
Pros
staff discounts
Only care about sales
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester27 February 2018
Staff are lovely other than that, Probably the worst company ive worked for! Company only cares about how much money they take and expect you to work all hours possible on 8 hour contracts. show no credit to sales assistants who actually do all the sales and beauty card registering while management & team leaders get all the bonuses.
Pros
Discount
Cons
3 & 4 hour shifts 6 days a week!
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire26 February 2018
I only worked in a smaller store so we didn’t have many duties compared to large one but we were still held at the same standard. Well located on small
Village it wasn’t always busy so most shifts were spent on the shop floor just checking shelves and what products needed replenishing and moving products back to their areas. As it was only a small village we had regulars who came in for the same stuff so it was often easier to recognise who was new and who could possibly be the mystery shopper. This didn’t mean we slacked any other time. Training was constant so we never forgot store values. And always made sure we were presentable for the day with a positive mind frame to help customers.
Pros
Good money
Cons
Shifts were often changing
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Camberwell, Greater London26 February 2018
I love working at superdrug its a great place to be in , it gave me confidence and experience , I learnt a lot of new things. .
Good for a first job
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London24 February 2018
Working at Superdrug was good as I was able to gain many skills aswell as getting to know amazing colleagues .however, the pay rate for my age wasn't reasonable .
Pros
Discount
Cons
Pay

Want to know more about Superdrug?

Ask a question
Fun and enjoyable place to work.
Nail Technician (Current Employee) –  Colchester, Essex23 February 2018
I have always enjoyed working for superdrug stores, it's a very nice environment to work in. They work you hard but I think that's good because it keeps you busy.
Pros
Staff discounts
Cons
Not enough hours
Left to get on with it
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  North east Northumberland22 February 2018
Worked in this store for over eight years at first it was a fun place to work
Then staff left and were not replaced placing more stress on the staff that were left
Maagment were never on the shop floor leaving you alone often for over an hour
Bells were ignored and customers were waiting to be seen which made you feel awful
Defiantly not customer focused
Pressured to sell star buys at the checkout
Staff morale was 0
Pros
Staff discount 30%
Cons
Rotas changed without being consulted
Productive plce to work
Team Leader/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, Cambridgeshire20 February 2018
I have learned a lot while working for Superdrug. However the hours are getting longer and no work/life balance and impossible sales targets. Absolutely no public holiday off apart from Christmas day so stores are open 364 days of the year. I used to enjoy working for Superdrug however I feel they do not appreciate there employees.
Pros
Staff discount, Salary
Cons
Long hours, High sales targets, No work/life balance
Chilled Out
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Wimbledon, Greater London18 February 2018
The environment at Superdrug is lovely and there is also a good balance between work and personal life. Though there are some things that could be fixed.
it was ok
Senior Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London16 February 2018
I was a senior sales assistant at Superdrug's, Superdrug was my first job I started off as a normal sales assistant, stocking shelf's, on till, dealing with queries and complaints, reporting back to my manager.

after working for a year I got promoted as a senior sales assistant, I would start my shift at 9am and finish at 6pm. I would make sure all stocks are correct according to stock sheet and complete rota and annual leave for the staff.

the hardest part of the job was (nothing)

the most enjoyable part of the job was meeting different people from different background, had a very good team.
Cons
Can be fun, ok management.
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Lewisham, Greater London15 February 2018
Overall Superdrug is nice to work for. The team I worked with was nice but I’ve been to other Superdrug’s and it can be different depending on the store. They like to higher young people (16-21) so the pay is less. This leads to what can be a constant cycle of new people every few months. This can be difficult to adjust to but as I said before everyone was nice that I worked with. I never had a problem with management other than that they can sometimes become a little over reliant on specific members of staff. The pay is decent provided that your over 21. There also isn’t much difference in pay between a sales advisor and a team leader. If you want to progress and have the extra responsibility go for it but if this is a stepping stone sales advisor pay is enough in comparison to a team leader.
Pros
Nice colleagues, nice atmosphere.
Cons
Rota’s weren’t up in due time, very pushy about targets.
4 hour contracts
Beauty Therapist (Former Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff13 February 2018
Everyone works 4 hours a week. Turn over is high. No training provided. Supervisors / key holders paid just 50p more than the staff who stand around all day talking / doing no work.
Pros
lots of time off
Cons
4 hour contracts
its a easy job to do
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Luton13 February 2018
i used to come in go to lockers put my jacket and bag in locker lock it then go scan my finger if light goes red get searched if it goes green go in now get head set and scanner and sign in then get trolley plastic tub and go were head set tells you pick what head set tells you how much it tells you 1s tub is full close it tie rap it and put it in ilea for fork truck to take it its a very easy job.
Pros
take lunch and 15 mins when ever you like
Cons
loads of walking around
Productive work environment
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London8 February 2018
At my branch, we are a small efficient team of which all colleagues know each other on a first name basis. Management is flexible and understanding at times, allowing the shop floor workers to feel comfortable in their surroundings, thus allowing us to give customers the best possible service we could offer. This showed me that when all staff have a sense of compromise, working in retail is nowhere near as stressful as it can be. As I am quite happy in my role the hardest part of the job would simply be the commute, which isn't a long journey, but its mau=inly due to the fact that I am respected and feel like a valued member of a working unit.
Fun hard place to work
Work Experience Placement (Former Employee) –  Blackpool, Lancashire5 February 2018
Superdrug is very noticeable its very well known store, my review would be that it has everything you need material wise e.g make-up, perfumes, creams and others i think it is highly overrated and its quiet pricey some people might think its to expensive compared to other shops. The experience i got from there was how to greet the customers and help them needed.
Pros
right amount of lunchtime
Cons
longer hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Superdrug. Our community is ready to answer.