Superdrug Employee Reviews

The company doesn't care about employees at all
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  North Lanarkshire9 January 2018
I love the people I work with which is the only reason I have stayed in Superdrug. The company as a whole likes to pay minimum wage, cut everyones hours and yet expects amazing customer service and brilliant sales. There is not enough staff to run a store and they are reducing the hours every year. They are greedy and horrible and I wouldn't recommend them to my worst enemy.
Cons
minimum wage, greedy company and cuts hours
Good
sales adviser (Former Employee) –  Dorking, Surrey7 January 2018
I loved working at superdrug because of the flexible hours as they fit in so well with my studies. However, throughout my 4 years of working there we had many different team members and I could really tell the difference in how well people worked with having a different team, luckily i got on well with everyone. The salary isn't great but if you're a big people person this is the perfect job for you.
Pros
good for making friends
Cons
bad pay
Only upside great staff
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Devon7 January 2018
Not a great company to work for, not much incentive to get the best from they’re staff, not enough hours given to do expective jobs. Not great pay, too much pressure.
The upside in the store I worked in was the staff a great bunch of girls ! Manager in this store was useless, always putting on the assistant manager (me), team leaders and all staff, wouldn’t pull her weight and brought her personal life into work day after day !! Not at all professional.
Pros
The staff
Cons
The store manager, long hours etc
Lovely workplace
Sales assistant - Chritsmas temp (Former Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire7 January 2018
As a christmas temp the staff were very welcoming and made me feel like part of the team.
Staff are hardworking and do their best to help customers as much as possible.
Amazing
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chepstow, Monmouthshire6 January 2018
Favourite job Ive had, my co-workers were amazing people and im still friends with all of them and the work was fun. At times it got quite busy but it was never overwhelming and getting to know all of the customers personally was fantastic
Pros
Great co-workers, suitable hours for students
Cons
Sundays are slow with few customers
Bad work environment, low pay
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bicester2 January 2018
The management are unnecessarily rude, often picking favourites, they are also un-cooperative and you have to continually chase things up, the pay is low compared to similar nearby companies. There is also a lack of communication regarding shifts and tasks that need completing
Pros
staff discount
Friendly and fun place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chelmsford, Essex29 December 2017
Easily one of the best jobs I've had, I could fit my job round my school and social life and the pay was very good.
My manger was incredibly nice and extremely accommodating, I entered the nob receiving a lot of training and felt well prepared.
All of my co-workers were extremely friendly making work more enjoyable.

The only thing I didn't like was the treatment I would receive from customers and the strict expectation put in place for mystery shop which meant doing things which seemed unesscary to tick boxes
Pros
Good staff benefits, good pay
Cons
Treatment from customers
Enjoyable job but bad company.
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Oswestry28 December 2017
Brilliant benefits with the job but the company as a whole done care about their staff at all. after working in 3 different superdrugs I would defiantly never go back to the company.
Pros
discount
luton branch
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Luton, Bedfordshire23 December 2017
awful management, the communication within the management was atrocious.
not enough hours given, favouritism goes on with the old staff, the management is not professional
Pros
discount
Cons
not enough attention on new staff
Stressful
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Bond Street Station23 December 2017
Typical day at work was helping customers.advise on make up products.stock.making sure customers had a basket when needed.hardest part was selling star buys and rude customer
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Rude people treating you like your stupid
Straight Foward, fun workplace
pharmacy assistant (Current Employee) –  Inverness, Highland21 December 2017
The team I worked with were fantastic, I learned many new skills such as customer service and communications skills, working under pressure, responsibility and time management skills.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Low Salery
Fun working place
Store Assistant, Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Croydon20 December 2017
Superdrug Stores Plc takes pride in developing its employees. There was good incentives and motivation to develop yourself. There was the need to work as team. The working environment was good.
Pros
Subsidised breakfast and lunch
very demanding job due to lack of staff
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire19 December 2017
a typical day at Superdrug would usually consist of a handful of people doing there job and everyone else's while the rest just stand and look busy. I learned from this job that people get away with getting paid for doing nothing and just look busy. the hardest part of the job is probably getting a thousand tasks to do in a day that are impossible to complete as well as dealing with the busy queues at the tills. the most enjoyable part of the job is leaving at the end of the day. Most of the staff are really lovely people who you can have a laugh and a joke with which makes the day go a bit quicker. good for people in college/school who just want a few hours a week.
Pros
the friendly staff
Cons
understaffed
ok place to work
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Bradford14 December 2017
depends on where your store is and how much money it takes on how much you will enjoy your job. if you are in a low income area the benefits of work will not be as much to you as they are to others
Pros
discount is pretty good
Cons
long hours, no recognition of hard work
workplace and product
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kilburn Park Station7 December 2017
My first day it was no easy and try to do the best to help the customer to get the product and to advice them to buy as well.

I was so happy to meet a different people and leant new things. I really enjoyed because I met a new people, I leant more and get more experience.
Pros
free present
Cons
more hours
It was okay place to work at
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  London6 December 2017
I wouldn't really work their again, everyone was nice and very easy to work with and that overall was really great, but if their was only more help then that would have been great, and would have made my life and the customers life a lot more easier, because it's really sad when i find it hard to communicate, and that's something that is important in a work environment.
Pros
Lunches was great a good lunch break
Cons
It's a 9.00 to 5.00 job it was way too long
Working at Superdrug was a learning experience for me.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Barking, Greater London2 December 2017
I worked at Superdrug for a week as a part of my work experience in 2016. Working at Superdrug was an experience that I am grateful for. I was able to practice my communal skills as well as practicing my professional skills, whiles being easy to approach, for customers.
Unprofessional managers
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London29 November 2017
I have had the opportunity to work for superdrug and i made a lot of friends there but management was poor and biased. They were unprofessional and rude and only favoured certain staff.
Cons
short hours, low shifts
friendly workers
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire29 November 2017
Work experience over all was quite tiring and repetitive as i would be doing the same thing everyday. but it built my confidence and made me see work in a better light.
Pros
long lunch
Productive workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  North Finchley28 November 2017
On a typical day of work I would need to show high levels of customer service skills, responsible for making sure the shop looked presentable, and I was trusted to deal with all stock.
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Superdrug. Our community is ready to answer.