Superdrug Employee Reviews

Found 1,150 reviews matching the search See all 1,179 reviews
Supporting and educational
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Epsom4 October 2018
- Very supporting team
- Very educational in terms of learning many skills which can be used it other work places as well.

Have been there 3 years now.
Was a sales adviser for 1 year till progressing to team leader.
It's the kind of company that you can progress up the chain of command quickly if you put the effort in.
Pros
Easy to apply and join
Cons
Sometimes not enough hours
productive and fun workplace
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  london4 October 2018
A busy fast paced workplace with great team spirit and plenty of opportunity to advance further in the company.
The best part of the job is knowing that your customers are leaving happy after receiving great customer service.
Pros
Great company to work for
Cons
Parking fees
Poor place to work
Fragrance Advisor (Former Employee) –  Bristol2 October 2018
Weak management both in store & from Head Office.
Expected to work all day every day for next to nothing.
Entry level pay is incredibly poor, it does improve as you move up but very difficult to do so.
Cons
Long Hours, Poor Pay, Weak Management
Great work place
Sales Assistant (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Glasgow2 October 2018
Great place to work. Good team work and great management. Flexible in catering for staff needs. Options to go further up the career ladder completing modules.
Pros
Discount
miserable management
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Northampton, Northamptonshire26 September 2018
only done work experience. everyday was the same no fun, obviously works not fun but everything/one was dull and robot like. alway had people trying to steal and a lot of them got away with it.
Pros
nice staff workers god to get along with
Cons
miserable managers
Good Enviroment
Sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Scotland26 September 2018
I had work experience at Superdrug through a Training Course I attended a few years ago, it was a fun work place and good enviroment to work in. I learned how to stack shelves, label items, bringing stock onto the floor, using the checkout, and helping customers with anything they need.
Boring/Monotonous
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fulham Broadway Station25 September 2018
Not many customers led to standing around looking for stuff to do.
Fun environment, colleague's were cool.
Interacting with customers and helping them get what they needed is a fun.
Pro-active
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Mitcham24 September 2018
Superdrug can be a nice place to work but it does depend on the location as well as the management, I was fortunate to have a great manager who helped me in my training but as the hours started to get cut down with staff, then the workload increased greatly
Pros
Fun staff
Cons
Too much stress
Stressful
Sales Associate & Team Leader (Former Employee) –  London23 September 2018
Working as a team leader, I was given management responsibility which put extra stress on my personal life and as a student. Pay isn't worth the amount of work that is done.
Good work environment
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London23 September 2018
My colleagues were very helpful in getting me started and making sure I understood what was expected of me to complete in my time there. I enjoyed the store environment which made it a positive work space.
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ruislip21 September 2018
Typical day at work would be operating the till for a few hours, go for a 15 minute break then put stock out on the shop floor for the rest of the time at work and then, have a 1 hour lunch break and continue with the stock.

I learned how to communicate with customers, because before I started I was very shy and wouldn't speak to anyone or communicate.

The hardest part of the job was probably at the start when I had to communicate with customers but as I got more into the job i'd say the hardest part was being on the till and registering beauty cards.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Longer hours
workplace
Sales advisor (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London20 September 2018
it good place to work for. the people our thier are really good to student who work thier however they mkae you work alot i didnt had promble with that but seen i was fasting i could not do it.
Hard work for little reward
Area Manager (Former Employee) –  South East19 September 2018
Slick in changing to the needs of the high street. Long hours are expected though and reduced staffing has a knock on effect on home/worklife balance.
Fun and Great place to have done work experience
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Catford17 September 2018
Working at Superdrug for 2 weeks was a good way for me to see what its like to work in an retail industry, how to build your way up. One day I could be stacking shelves, the next working in the warehouse, so it was really enjoyable. What this retailer has taught me is to be confident, if you want to sell a product you have to be confident.
Pros
Great Experience
Cons
Okay place to work - would push to accept something else
SALES ADVISOR (Former Employee) –  Brighton, East Sussex15 September 2018
worked for a year - was first job.
four hour shift would feel like a 12 hour shift.
management was okay but would push for unachievable targets given how quiet the store was.
not enough responsibility giben to sales advisors so would find yourself with absolutely nothing to do.
am under 18 so pay was only 6.20 - not the worst but when your only working 10 hours or so a week and every shift feels so long it just feels like a waste of time for such a low pay.
would be doing the exact same as other advisors if not more and get paid so much less
Pros
Discount
Cons
so extremely boring
Terrible, Never again
SALES ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Wimbledon, Greater London14 September 2018
Terrible company, started working there at 17, got paid only £4 per hour. New staff was hired, everyones hours got cut down to 4-8 hours, complete joke. You cant have a social life, they expect you to work everyday, even if you're part time. They don't care about your contract hours, they try to manipulate you into having to work more. The discount wasn't bad, 20% off own brand however, their own brand stuff arent even good. I enjoyed working with the staff (apart from some management). We had a lot of shoplifters stealing fragrances and we were expected to stop them (they should have their own security in stores)
Pros
The discount, the headsets
Cons
Terrible hours, a lot of management problems, bag searches everyday
fun workplace
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sunderland13 September 2018
I enjoyed working at Superdrug massively. unfortunately i was only there a short period of time as I was a Christmas temp, I would of loved the opportunity to be able to stay there and be still currently working there.
Pros
staff discount
Productive and fun work environment
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bristol10 September 2018
I enjoyed my time at Superdrug as it was fast paced and energetic. I learned many skills including how to deal with customers and how to deal with many jobs within retail. The hardest part of my job was the length of each day, but despite this it was very enjoyable and rewarding. My favourite part of the job was the organisation and initiative required to do the job well.
good
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Kingston upon Hull7 September 2018
a good place to start a career from saturday worker to store manager a fun team to work for can be challenging and everyday is diffrent but overall very enjoyable
Pros
career opitions
Cons
Depends massively on what store you are in
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Bramhall, Greater Manchester6 September 2018
Some managers will break their backs all day and take pride in their store, others will sit in the office all day and watch you all struggle with ridiculous work loads. Reall does depend on what store you’re in, smaller stores generall equal nicer managers in my experience.
Good for progression and promotions, pay is ok.
Pros
Pay is ok for retail
Cons
Lazy managers, unsupportive area managers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Superdrug. Our community is ready to answer.