Superdrug Employee Reviews

What you learn at work and the background as well as enjoyable things about work
General Assistant (Voluntary) (Former Employee) –  London Borough of Hackney14 October 2017
A typical day at work is helping customers and giving them the best service they deserve. There is a variety of different backgrounds there. Getting break is the best part of work.
Pros
you get a staff discount there
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Parkgate Rotherham11 October 2017
Excellent plance to work. I was taught so much from the ground up the, managers were very patient and understanding. I would like to think I would have still been there if the shop hadnt downsized.
Pros
Discount card and understanding of parental duties
Cons
No e
Lovely people
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol10 October 2017
Great job managers nice too , met my best mate here so lots of good memories , job was local and enjoyed it just needed better hours and needed to step down from team leader role to suit family life better
sales advisor
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Coleraine9 October 2017
daily tasks is to fill out dutys required of me what ever they may be for that day learned retail work as a team new skills management good hardest part is taking in lots of information when learning enjoyable part is the team very helpful kind i enjoy learning and gaining new skills being part of a team
Pros
discounts
Cons
short lunches
Made To Feel Welcome
Shop Floor Worker (Former Employee) –  Lancaster9 October 2017
I was working here for Work experience. The staff members were extremely Welcoming and Kind. If I ever had an issue or question they would help me out to the best of their abilities. I enjoyed working here, didn't want to leave. Sometimes I would work too fast when it came to putting out deliveries however after a couple of days being there I understood how to work to the best of my ability without rushing. The staff also helped me in the way of teaching me how to recommend products ect.
Pros
Extremely friendly staff
Cons
Nothing to do at Slow Periods of the day.
Progression Possible
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Scotland6 October 2017
This company offers good progression opportunities if you are willing to give up all aspects of your personal life.

On a 39 hour contract I was regularly expected to work 50 hours plus with some weeks being as high as 70 hours for no extra pay.

The company offers its staff a good pay structure at all levels.
Pros
Good Wages
Cons
Ridiculous hours.
friendly and enjoyable
sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Marble Arch Station4 October 2017
i enjoyed my time here working with my team who welcomed me straight away with open arms. it wasnt just another day at work, we would have a laugh and look out for each other like family.
not worth it
Customer Advisor (Former Employee) –  Windsor2 October 2017
superdrug is not fun place to work hated working there the pay was ridiculous and i didn't feel as if i made anything at all and i definitely not recommend working at superdrug
Pros
hh
Cons
iih
A great place for work experience!
Work Experience Placement (Former Employee) –  Cleveleys29 September 2017
Due to this only being my work experience at high school, I didn't get that much of a feel for the workplace. However, all the staff are lovely and very supportive. I was given a great introduction into a retail working environment, and was treated like a member of the team. A typical day would include filling stock and tidying up the shop floor. Due to being under the age of 16, I was not allowed to operate the till. The hardest part of the job was getting to grips with the retail workplace, as I had never done this before.
Pros
Lovely staff
Good for first job/getting sales experience
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sunderland, Tyne and Wear28 September 2017
The job for fab for someone who needs to be part time for university or college but when working there full time was a chore that got very repetitive.
Pros
Discount on products
Cons
Repetitive
it was ok
Student Placement (Former Employee) –  Rugby28 September 2017
I learnt how to put things in places. the hardest part of the job was that some stuff were too moody to me for no reason. the most enjoyable part was when I help customers find the items they are looking for.
Pros
i had to buy my own luch
relaxed atmosphere
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tewkesbury, Gloucestershire28 September 2017
It was very relaxed but sometimes very boring to work there. There wasn't enough to do and management would usually take most of the tasks. The pay also isn't that great which doesn't make it worth it.
fun if you're with the right people
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  North Wales27 September 2017
Not a bad place to work. Its easy work but with a mystery shopper every month there isn't much room for error and are expected to push fragrance star buys and beauty cards heavily which gets boring! Other duties would include replenishing stock to shelves and tidying and greeting customers and helping with any enquiries. Management can be poor shifts can change and end up staying later than expected so a pain if you have children.
Pros
staff discount
Cons
poor management, hours changing
productive
customer service, stock maintenance and rotation (Former Employee) –  Bury St. Edmunds25 September 2017
time went quick as there was always things to be done.
management was kind and supportive and we were appreciated for the things we did for the company.
Pros
breaks
Cons
business
Fun and welcoming workplace
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Bristol City Centre, Bristol25 September 2017
Superdrug is a welcoming and fun place to work,the people and company are extremely nice and caring. The work itself is simple but busy and am always kept on my toes, which I enjoy because the time goes extremely fast and it helps get the job done.
Great company
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Wimborne, Dorset25 September 2017
Great company to work for loads of opportunity to progress and lots of different people to meet best job I've had shame I left would happily work there again
Stable
Retail Assistant (Work Experience) (Former Employee) –  Luton24 September 2017
Superdrugs is a decent place to work in. It is very tiring as the shop is in the mall, so products and shelves are constantly updated and take from the warehouse onto the shop floor. Overall it is productive.
Pros
Management isn't tough
Cons
tiring
Great workplace
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Brighton, East Sussex24 September 2017
Great place to work. busy environment along George street always seeing new faces. A day is never the same as another. A vibrant street and amazing colleagues to work with make it so much better.
Good
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Poole24 September 2017
worked on tills
stock take
shop deliveries
paperwork
date coding
good and friendly staff
flexible contract
I used to get called in all the time to cover sick staff
Fun and happy work place
Store Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Andover, Hampshire24 September 2017
Execellent work place with fantastic staff. Chance to progress through the positions. Good customer relationships. Good location. Opportunity for overtime

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Superdrug. Our community is ready to answer.