Superdrug Employee Reviews

Fun Workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Worcester, Worcestershire30 March 2018
This was my first job and a great way to start work. Everyone there was really lovely and you really felt like you were a part of the family at all times. I would highly recommend a job working at here as it gave me great skills and experiences to carry on into the rest of my working life.
Shocking
Team leader (Former Employee) –  Northern Ireland27 March 2018
I was employed by superdrug as a team leader. 4 months of being in the company I didn’t get my full training or wasn’t signed off as a team leader. I was basically a sales asistant the whole time I was there which completely knocked my confidence as I had been doing amazing in my last job before I started here thinking that I’ll have more opportunities in superdrug. Well wasn’t I very wrong!!! In my interview I was promised lots of hours, The manager knew I was leaving a 30 hour contract to come and work here and then all of a sudden everyone’s hours are all dropped to 20 hours a week after only being in the company a few weeks. How can anyone live of that! Discusting and embarrassing! This job should only be advertised for students! Also the manager wasn’t approachable at all, the way the staff were being spoke to was shocking! Rotas were only getting done a day before the new week began, I could go on forever but this says enough!
Pros
Discount
Cons
Salary
boring
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Woking26 March 2018
Not an enjoyable place to work, my co workers were lovely but the job is horrible. I was stuck on the till for my whole shifts 9-6 without being allowed to move anywhere else. They were surprisingly very strict given the awful salary and there are next to no discounts.
Pros
nice people
Cons
poor salary, boring work, long
Fun workplace and inviting to all customers
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Coventry, West Midlands25 March 2018
I really enjoy working with this company the people are so amazing to work with and the benefits and salary are beneficial to my circumstances everything I needed taking care of in regards to the management was well taken care of
Pros
Employee benefits
Cons
Average pay
So-so
Sales Advisor (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Cambridge25 March 2018
Generally a good job with good range of challenges in store. Learned lots of patience with customers, especially difficult ones. Management are friendly but not as supportive as they could be; seem very stressed with the work load they are given. Not many tasks to complete once most are completed, making every day very customer focused and shifts can eventually become very boring. There aren't many hours available to employees that have more free time. The hardest part of the job personally would be working in such a small environment where time passes very slowly with minimal tasks to complete, making it a very mind-numbing job, as well as serving customers on a till for hours which was also very tiring mentally. The most enjoyable part is probably seeing the results you achieve after you've completed your tasks. Overall good for temporary work.
Pros
Good pay due to city location
Cons
No hours available/minimal overtime
good for work experience
Work Experience Placement (Former Employee) –  Southport, Merseyside24 March 2018
A great place to start retail work experience.
Staff were very friendly and helpful.
Learned how the shop was run, how to deal with customers
Help customers find their desired product
Pros
friendly staff
Workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ilford21 March 2018
I become confident at speaking to customers and staff at Superdrug were really helpful and kind. I really enjoyed working there and work in a friendly environment.
Amazing place to work
SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Leamington Spa17 March 2018
Really fun/ good energy also has opportunity’s to work your way up within the company, people are really nice a lovely to work for! I also liked the discount!
Good experience there but not for rest of my life for sure
Administration Supervisor , Fragrance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  London15 March 2018
Very average job in general if I have to compare to Selfridges and fine jewellery. Quite intense while I was in the office as admin in Superdrug and later very fun at the Fragrance in charge because I loved to deal with people/clients and selling products.
fun workplace
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Slough10 March 2018
i enjoyed working with the customers and being on tills. i learnt how to do stock takes zero to zero filling . facing up and a lot more. my manager is amazing and is very understanding.You get paid every 4 weeks which can be very useful especially for students. the hardest part of the job is promo every month.
Pros
staff discount card
Cons
shop lifters
Awful place of work
Assistant Manageress (Former Employee) –  Ruislip area9 March 2018
I’ve worked in retail for 20 years now and I have never worked for a company that are unsupportive of there managers, and let staff get away with whatever they want, very long hours no thanks for doing it and as I said before very unsupportive, busy workplace which is good but no chance of actually getting any sort of break during the day
Pros
Discount
Cons
My whole experience with the company
horrible place.
Sale Assistant (Current Employee) –  Essex7 March 2018
Horrible place to work. Managers horrible. Money is horrible. 4 hour a week contract. is not what you call a job. They need to rethink everything within the employment.
Pros
none.
Cons
everything
Horrible Company to work for
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dundee City5 March 2018
Superdrug care about nothing but money. They don't care about their employee's at all. The management are rude, disrespectful and insensitive to peoples situations.
Pros
nothing
Cons
never ending list
workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Trafford, Greater Manchester2 March 2018
was really good experience on a work experience would of loved to have worked within the store. the staff was every help full and a wonderful team. the store was very clean and a well working environment
enjoyable
Helping staff (Former Employee) –  east london ilford2 March 2018
it was great it was abit challenging for me, I learnt lots off new things on where the products where and what shelf to go to if a customer needed help for a product. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping customers and advertising perfumes out in Christmas which I enjoyed the most.
Retail after school job
Customer/ Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Didcot1 March 2018
It was an after school job for me so I really couldn't comment on much more, than the team were lovely, the work was as expected, and the pay was about standard for everywhere else at the time.
Pros
Local
Cons
Not a career
Lovely place to work
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bodmin28 February 2018
I learnt a lot whilst working at superdrug including working with customers, working with stock etc. The people I worked with were all lovely and I always felt welcome.
Pros
staff discounts
Only care about sales
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester27 February 2018
Staff are lovely other than that, Probably the worst company ive worked for! Company only cares about how much money they take and expect you to work all hours possible on 8 hour contracts. show no credit to sales assistants who actually do all the sales and beauty card registering while management & team leaders get all the bonuses.
Pros
Discount
Cons
3 & 4 hour shifts 6 days a week!
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire26 February 2018
I only worked in a smaller store so we didn’t have many duties compared to large one but we were still held at the same standard. Well located on small
Village it wasn’t always busy so most shifts were spent on the shop floor just checking shelves and what products needed replenishing and moving products back to their areas. As it was only a small village we had regulars who came in for the same stuff so it was often easier to recognise who was new and who could possibly be the mystery shopper. This didn’t mean we slacked any other time. Training was constant so we never forgot store values. And always made sure we were presentable for the day with a positive mind frame to help customers.
Pros
Good money
Cons
Shifts were often changing
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Camberwell, Greater London26 February 2018
I love working at superdrug its a great place to be in , it gave me confidence and experience , I learnt a lot of new things. .

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Superdrug. Our community is ready to answer.