Superdrug Employee Reviews

Found 1,124 reviews matching the search See all 1,153 reviews
Boring/Monotonous
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fulham Broadway Station25 September 2018
Not many customers led to standing around looking for stuff to do.
Fun environment, colleague's were cool.
Interacting with customers and helping them get what they needed is a fun.
Pro-active
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Mitcham24 September 2018
Superdrug can be a nice place to work but it does depend on the location as well as the management, I was fortunate to have a great manager who helped me in my training but as the hours started to get cut down with staff, then the workload increased greatly
Pros
Fun staff
Cons
Too much stress
Stressful
Sales Associate & Team Leader (Former Employee) –  London23 September 2018
Working as a team leader, I was given management responsibility which put extra stress on my personal life and as a student. Pay isn't worth the amount of work that is done.
Good work environment
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London23 September 2018
My colleagues were very helpful in getting me started and making sure I understood what was expected of me to complete in my time there. I enjoyed the store environment which made it a positive work space.
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ruislip21 September 2018
Typical day at work would be operating the till for a few hours, go for a 15 minute break then put stock out on the shop floor for the rest of the time at work and then, have a 1 hour lunch break and continue with the stock.

I learned how to communicate with customers, because before I started I was very shy and wouldn't speak to anyone or communicate.

The hardest part of the job was probably at the start when I had to communicate with customers but as I got more into the job i'd say the hardest part was being on the till and registering beauty cards.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Longer hours
workplace
Sales advisor (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London20 September 2018
it good place to work for. the people our thier are really good to student who work thier however they mkae you work alot i didnt had promble with that but seen i was fasting i could not do it.
Hard work for little reward
Area Manager (Former Employee) –  South East19 September 2018
Slick in changing to the needs of the high street. Long hours are expected though and reduced staffing has a knock on effect on home/worklife balance.
Fun and Great place to have done work experience
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Catford17 September 2018
Working at Superdrug for 2 weeks was a good way for me to see what its like to work in an retail industry, how to build your way up. One day I could be stacking shelves, the next working in the warehouse, so it was really enjoyable. What this retailer has taught me is to be confident, if you want to sell a product you have to be confident.
Pros
Great Experience
Cons
Okay place to work - would push to accept something else
SALES ADVISOR (Former Employee) –  Brighton, East Sussex15 September 2018
worked for a year - was first job.
four hour shift would feel like a 12 hour shift.
management was okay but would push for unachievable targets given how quiet the store was.
not enough responsibility giben to sales advisors so would find yourself with absolutely nothing to do.
am under 18 so pay was only 6.20 - not the worst but when your only working 10 hours or so a week and every shift feels so long it just feels like a waste of time for such a low pay.
would be doing the exact same as other advisors if not more and get paid so much less
Pros
Discount
Cons
so extremely boring
Terrible, Never again
SALES ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Wimbledon, Greater London14 September 2018
Terrible company, started working there at 17, got paid only £4 per hour. New staff was hired, everyones hours got cut down to 4-8 hours, complete joke. You cant have a social life, they expect you to work everyday, even if you're part time. They don't care about your contract hours, they try to manipulate you into having to work more. The discount wasn't bad, 20% off own brand however, their own brand stuff arent even good. I enjoyed working with the staff (apart from some management). We had a lot of shoplifters stealing fragrances and we were expected to stop them (they should have their own security in stores)
Pros
The discount, the headsets
Cons
Terrible hours, a lot of management problems, bag searches everyday
fun workplace
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sunderland13 September 2018
I enjoyed working at Superdrug massively. unfortunately i was only there a short period of time as I was a Christmas temp, I would of loved the opportunity to be able to stay there and be still currently working there.
Pros
staff discount
Productive and fun work environment
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bristol10 September 2018
I enjoyed my time at Superdrug as it was fast paced and energetic. I learned many skills including how to deal with customers and how to deal with many jobs within retail. The hardest part of my job was the length of each day, but despite this it was very enjoyable and rewarding. My favourite part of the job was the organisation and initiative required to do the job well.
good
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Kingston upon Hull7 September 2018
a good place to start a career from saturday worker to store manager a fun team to work for can be challenging and everyday is diffrent but overall very enjoyable
Pros
career opitions
Cons
Depends massively on what store you are in
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Bramhall, Greater Manchester6 September 2018
Some managers will break their backs all day and take pride in their store, others will sit in the office all day and watch you all struggle with ridiculous work loads. Reall does depend on what store you’re in, smaller stores generall equal nicer managers in my experience.
Good for progression and promotions, pay is ok.
Pros
Pay is ok for retail
Cons
Lazy managers, unsupportive area managers
Productive workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes5 September 2018
Working at Superdrug always made me feel part of the team, even when I was only there for 2 weeks work experience.The team as a whole are very welcoming and the manager was lovely. I learnt how to organise the shop floor and stock take. I was mostly directing customers and advising them, along with stock replenishment which was very enjoyable as jobs go.
Pros
Friendly staff
Awful
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Perth, Perth and Kinross30 August 2018
One of the worst jobs I have ever had, management so rude and very unhelpful in all shapes and forms.very nasty and sarcastic towards you . Far to much to offer at till point - star buys sim cards points card a nusence customers don't want and get annoyed with u asking and can be rude towards you because of this. People just want served and that's it not a million questions customers will be lost this way. Very boring job and everyday is the same. Did not like it as management were so rude to much to push at tills, not enough hours never enough tasks to keep u busy enough therefor extremely boring. No I wouldn't recommend working here.
Pros
Staff discount was good
Cons
Never got all the breaks you were entitled to
fun, easy going place
Store Assistant // Cornwall (Former Employee) –  Liskeard29 August 2018
Was such a joy to work with them while I did, not a fault to pick! Laid back but works hard. Learnt hot to manage my time better and got to learn how to work in as a shop assistant.
Pros
Very friendly people (And costumers!)
great
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands28 August 2018
superdrug is a great place to work so many opportunities within the store many people around to help you out around work. learn lots of traits of working in retail will never get bored always something new and exciting happening.
The hours were good
Sales Adviser (Former Employee) –  St. Neots, Cambridgeshire24 August 2018
The tasks were fun to do, but the management in my store wasn't great. I was quite often left to just stand behind the till and do nothing for hours. The pay was okay but not great.
busy on tills. Friendly people to work with.
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Guildford24 August 2018
Superdrug is a friendly place where I worked in Guildford I had it as a weekend job but sometimes I worked extra days because
I was in college doing beauty therapy. so as I was doing my
Course in beauty it also related to the fact I was working in a career based on beauty and health to
Do with the skin. . i had a inspiration in health and beauty so I enjoyed working there and selling the products to customers and helping them choose the right products when they asked for help. I liked helping people out and making sure they wanted what they needed. I was on my feet all day on tills serving but sometimes I was stocking shelves and helping customers at all times. I have learned that retail can be hard at times and dealing with some hard customers can be hard work but I got management as soon as possible when it was a hard situation or asked for help when I needed it. I enjoyed working with some of my friends and being in ages work environment with products that I love and had a high interest in them.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
6-7 hour only 15 min break

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Superdrug. Our community is ready to answer.