Superdrug Employee Reviews

Enjoyable sales environment
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Melksham20 June 2018
I very much enjoyed working for Superdrug; I appreciated the benefits such as employee discount, and excelled in recommending products to customers such as makeup and perfume. However, I found that due to the management in the particular shop I was in, I was extremely limited and was not taught as much as I should have been. I helped out at other stores and the management was surprised that I could not complete simple tasks simply because my manager had never shown me how to do them. Additionally, I believed that the pay rate was extremely low, even for someone under the age of 18.
Pros
Interest in products sold
Cons
Low pay and poor management
Ok
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Letchworth18 June 2018
Poor salary, met nice people there. Bad management, horrible boss and poor lunch breaks. Good place to get customer service experience. Not long hall job
Bullying negativity and horrible hours
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire17 June 2018
Worst company. Management used to b*tch behind my back, pervy team leader, horrible work/life balance they would change rota at the last minute and expect you to know, badgering us on StarBuys there was a constant negative vibe in our store. I no longer felt welcome working there picking on me for the littlest of things such as forgetting my badge or having my discount card in my pocket.

I was the youngest there and they treat their staff like numbers not people they’re very rude and discriminative always commenting on my hair especially due to being black.

Breaks are so short too

Be prepared to be flexible to work at Superdrug they get mad when you’re sick too.

Overall very catty place to work I don’t recommend working here it just makes you feel horrible
Pros
Pay
Cons
Bullying, discrimination, unequal, no work/life balance
Work experience at school
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kingston upon Hull16 June 2018
Enjoyed the work experience I did, but this is completely unbiased as I was only given simple tasks to do. This entitled me to Ben prepared for the working life.
Pros
Good work experience
Cons
No job at the end
Terrible
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Hull, East Riding of Yorkshire13 June 2018
bullying, harassment and negative environment. treated many staff like children.
unrealistic targets and have to do hard selling every day otherwise you are pulled into the office. they advertise it as a fun work place. IT IS NOT!
ncie work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London12 June 2018
it was a nice place to work at, nice people were. it was my first jon so i was quiet nervous but the team allowed me to grow as a person. i really liked my days there.
it was a fantastic place to work
Training Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Wilmslow, Cheshire10 June 2018
a day at work in superdrug was different each time as i was always learning a wide range of skills and product knowledge, management was brilliant and so friendly, the hardest part of my job was being in a store that sold a lot of female products which i had to learn about in order to be able to engage people
Pros
excellent staff and lovely customers
Cons
thieves
Ok place to work
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Didcot, Oxfordshire10 June 2018
Although this has been a great job to have unfortunately my shifts are not always guaranteed and my shifts can be cancelled at short notice. Unfortunately this does not work for me as I need guaranteed work every week.
Fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Worcester, Worcestershire8 June 2018
Worked on temporary contracts for summer work- always happy for me to return. Interesting to work in a different route of retail to what I was used to.
alright
ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Braehead, Glasgow4 June 2018
worked here for work experience when I was younger and it wasn't too bad the staff were friendly but I could not give an accurate rating as I never was paid for working here.
Pros
flexible
Cons
no pay
Demanding fun at times
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Southampton, Hampshire31 May 2018
I worked for Superdrug Stores when they were Woolworth Holding

great to work for rewarded staff for their efforts.

Kingfisher Plc took over soon after nothing changed much at first

we came more professional. The business grew at quite a rate

very profit focussed.

Some restructuring had to take place difficult times
Pros
recognised abilities and rewarded them for it
Good part-time job
SALES ADVISOR (Former Employee) –  Essex31 May 2018
It was easy work but not enough hours and the pay is not great. Always kept busy. Getting to organise all of the make-up is enjoyable. Promotion evenings are tough sometimes.
great workplace
delivery driver (Former Employee) –  Coventry31 May 2018
management easily approachable, fun place to work with a great team, I qualified as a medicine counter assistant here after being given the opportunity to progress through work
Horrible area/store managers
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Shropshire24 May 2018
Bad management, poorly paid, expected to come in for the afternoon when asked at 9am multiple times, management extremely unprofessional, arguing both inside and outside of work, I was promised advancement on multiple occasions never to receive any
Pros
Radio
Cons
everything else
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  High Wycombe21 May 2018
Superdrug is a fast paced retail industry. great opportunities for advancement within the company. they invest a lot of time into their employees and want to hire from within.
Pros
advancement
Cons
time consuming and salary
challening
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clapham21 May 2018
poor management, which in turn reflected in the results of he company. staff could be better treated in regards to break times, shifts and pay. would not recommend this job.
Awful
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Norwich City Centre, Norfolk20 May 2018
Rubbish pay, awful hours, extreme lack of training. I was rota’d in for 3 hour shifts which is a joke and then disciplined for not knowing things when I received no training whatsoever.

The manager went on holiday the day after I started properly and no one else thought to show me how to do my job so I had to wing it as best I could.

My shifts would be changed without it being focussed with me or without me even being told so I would show up for a shift I thought I had only to find it had been swapped and I’d wasted my time going there.

Awful place to work, don’t do it even if you’re desperate your better off in McDonald’s.
Pros
None whatsoever - even the discounts were rubbish.
Cons
Everything, bad pay, bad management, always expected to stay after hours for no more pay, mean staff
Hours are good for students.
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Southampton19 May 2018
Superdrug is good for a first job, the hours are good for students, I worked Saturday and Sunday but only for 4 hours on Sunday so I could still enjoy my weekends. Unfortunately the management I had was awful, there was a lot of inequality and judgement but I understand that not every store is like this and they pay was £4 something an hour..
Pros
Good first time job
Cons
Pay
Fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London19 May 2018
I was a very young teenagers when i had work experience here, however, it had helped me feel much more confident around customers and made me feel very independent.
productive and friendly
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London Bridge Station, Greater London14 May 2018
a lot of different cultures working together, your given a chance to understand and feel different opinions and you also develop new terms in agreements.
Pros
home brand discount
Cons
very physical

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Superdrug. Our community is ready to answer.