Superdrug Employee Reviews

Mixed experience
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chelmsford, Essex15 November 2017
Hardest part of job: was given "training" online and thrown into the deep end. One lesson learned was never let someone make you feel worthless because they think they are untouchable as a manager. Enjoyable part of job: was getting to meet new people and having some very nice customers. Would have been a very enjoyable job under different circumstances.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Inadequate training
Steady Job
Assistant Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Guildford, Surrey9 November 2017
A typical day consists of usually the same task's - nothing difficult can just become a bit dull after time. But the staff and management are lovely. Good hours and a good job to work in if you like customer service.
Work environment was ok
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London7 November 2017
Typical work day involved price and product replenishing, monitoring shop floor and operating till. The Job was ok, learnt how to work efficiently independently as well as within a team.
Pros
Store discount
Cons
Heavy work load
Everyday was different
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Salisbury6 November 2017
I loved working at Superdrug- meeting new people everyday. Each day was different and I enjoyed helping people. only disadvantage was the pay was very low.
Pros
Targets
Cons
Poor Pay
Fun
Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  Solihull, West Midlands2 November 2017
I have learnt a lot of new skills at Superdrug and learnt how to manage my time better. I was given a lot of responsibility here and wish to be trusted enough to be given this amount of responsibility again.
Pros
meet new people
Cons
the hours and working weekends
Typical retail work
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Reading, Berkshire1 November 2017
Typically long hard hours working in retail, but good opportunities to go on course and progress towards team leader and management. Goof friendly atmosphere
Trusted workplace
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stratford, Greater London28 October 2017
Ready to tale on challenging positions, always looking forward and active for work, very physical, honest and trustworthy, really passionate for work and ready for hard roles.
Super drug
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Barking, Greater London27 October 2017
As every retail market, there was a lot of work witch made the job entertaining and because there was a lot to do so there was no time to get bored, typical pay and typical hours.
Sales assistant
Part Time Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Durham26 October 2017
Position included covering checkouts for both purchases and refunds.dealing with customers for both payments and general enquiries. Check ing and restocking shelves.handing stock deliveries.worked well on own and part of team
Pros
Excellent staff
Cons
Needed more hours
Great expecience
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London25 October 2017
Worked just for a couple of months it has been a good experience for me. My role was to stack shelves with te right products, helping customers find the right products that they need, working in a large team with different staff members and cleaning the store.
great job
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Shipley25 October 2017
superdrug was fun although standing during long hour shifts could be demanding and tiering. for the amount of work done, pay rise is a must. girls would enjoy to work here.
Pros
discount on superdrug products
Cons
provide chairs on tills
Excellent workplace to start career
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Dunstable24 October 2017
Worked for Superdrug for 10 years and have progressed from a warehouse operative to a Team leader. Enjoyable atmosphere and good workplace culture , management are understanding and willing to listen.
Pros
Excellent holiday entitlement
Fairly standard retail
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Berkshire24 October 2017
Store staffing levels are inadequate and there appears to be a total absence of set rotas for part time staff, which means planning for family events is almost impossible. Sometimes requested to work additional hours at very short notice. However I gather this is fairly standard for retail these days.
Rate of pay meets statutory requirements, but no more.
Staff discount is very good.
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
No set rotas for part time staff
Working with my team
Saller assistant (Former Employee) –  High Barnet21 October 2017
A typical day at work in SuperDrug store wos a helpful and learning new things. First i start by fill the shelves and in the same tame help your customers with any needs. I didnt found any part of the job hardest. The most enjoyable part of the job it was when i check the dates of the products.
Pros
Breaks
Cons
N/a
I didn't like superdrug
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  South Elmsall, West Yorkshire19 October 2017
I worked there for a year and agencie kept messing me about putting me on pick then dispatch then I'd book holidays then they would cancel them and make me come in and work and if you were agency's you got the hard work Whilst people who worked for company were on more money and got more breaks easy jobs to do
Cons
1 break
productive and fun environment
Beauty specialist (Current Employee) –  North Finchley18 October 2017
A typical day involves:
- Helping customers with queries on cosmetics
- Tidying up the cosmetic stands
- Serving customers on tills
- Ensuring all our customers went home happy
Good
Sale Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hayes, Greater London15 October 2017
Perfect for new comers and it gets a lot of knowledge and new expriencesite you can develop your skills and techniques. I would say that it's perfect as a job
What you learn at work and the background as well as enjoyable things about work
General Assistant (Voluntary) (Former Employee) –  London Borough of Hackney14 October 2017
A typical day at work is helping customers and giving them the best service they deserve. There is a variety of different backgrounds there. Getting break is the best part of work.
Pros
you get a staff discount there
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Parkgate Rotherham11 October 2017
Excellent plance to work. I was taught so much from the ground up the, managers were very patient and understanding. I would like to think I would have still been there if the shop hadnt downsized.
Pros
Discount card and understanding of parental duties
Cons
No e
Lovely people
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol10 October 2017
Great job managers nice too , met my best mate here so lots of good memories , job was local and enjoyed it just needed better hours and needed to step down from team leader role to suit family life better

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Superdrug. Our community is ready to answer.