Superdrug Employee Reviews

Found 1,077 reviews matching the search See all 1,105 reviews
Sales staff helped run this store
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Ross-on-Wye8 August 2018
When I worked here, the management was all over the place. Our manager walked out and left the supervisors in charge for the whole summer. The sales staff had to pick up 20+ hours a week due to this, most of the staff at the time being under 18. We (as sales staff) pretty much ran this store over the summer, and when the summer ended the manager seemed to think it okay to just "waltz" back in as if nothing had happened. It was hard, but the people who I worked with were lovely and friendly and we did enjoy ourselves working there. Customers were lovely and took our advice and tips on board.
Pros
Friendly staff, friendly customers, flexible hours
Cons
Poor management
Progression
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  South East7 August 2018
They offer a great progression courses for management to Beauty course working in Head office.
Customer service focus.
Loyalty Team.
Fantastic Apprenticeship program
Busy place but enjoyable
Team leader (Former Employee) –  Lakeside Shopping Centre, Essex2 August 2018
Made my way up from sales assistant to team leader. Full knowledge of delivery and office work (cashing up, banking and rota's etc) and was able to cover the shop on managers day off.
Pros
Discount card and days out
Cons
Due to being in a shopping centre you were working till 11pm some days.
friendly workplace
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Swadlincote, Derbyshire31 July 2018
I learned how to stock the shelves with supplies and organise the displays. The management was friendly and approachable, the hardest part of the job was knowing which shelves to put the supplies on, and the most enjoyable part of the job was labelling up the merchandise.
Pros
learning new skills
Easy and fun workplace!
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brighton, East Sussex31 July 2018
Working at Superdrug is a fairly chilled out and enjoyable, the jobs are not taxing and the staff and management are understanding and welcoming, making working here easy even on stressful days.

I received comprehensive customer service training which is applicable to and valuable in all job areas. The pay is decent and the discount is good too, however, you are required to sell and promote "star buys", "beauty cards" and "Superdrug mobile" sim cards to every customer which can be tedious.
Pros
Good discounts
Cons
Sales targets
productive placement
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Southend29 July 2018
i would recommend this job if you are looking for something while you are in full time education as this company actually cares and prioritises in your education first
Pros
staff discount
Cons
standing up for long hours without barely sitting down
The hardest part of the job.
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Sunderland28 July 2018
Because we worked a night shift, I had to check the delivery off with the staff i worked with, then put merchandise out on shelves and there was a lot an awful lot of stock to put away so we had to put cages in the lift, and there could be about 8 cages to put in the lift, and there were heavy boxes. we had to make sure all the products were put away neatly and tidy. The hardest part of the job was the cages because they were hard to pull along, some of them were damaged and it made hard work for us.
Pros
we got good discount.
Cons
we needed new cages and get rid of the ones with wonky wheels.
Awful.
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  London27 July 2018
I've been with superdrug for less than 6 months and can honestly say it is the WORST company i've ever worked for. Poor head office and poor management.
Cons
Poor staff discount 30% own brand and 10% branded (which customers are given anyway on promotions!)
Not a long term job
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Manchester21 July 2018
It’s an ok place to work if you don’t need something long term. Wouldn’t say the management is great. They’re chilled but you do all the work and they get all the praise. The hours aren’t all that either. I’d say it’s ok for a first job just to get you into working life. Feel like it’s the same day constantly because it’s so repetitive.
Pros
30% of one brand or exclusive products
Cons
Short breakst, constant weekend shifts, repetitive days.
fun and nice atmosphere to work in
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Enfield18 July 2018
Good staff discount available for full time staff
Great people to work with, good discount
Friendly management and staff, fab discount 10% everything else
Good staff discount, occasional freebies
Friendly staff and work environment
Pros
Good team environment, Good staff discount
Cons
constant pressure to ask each customer 5 question.
Productive and Fun
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kirkcaldy, Fife16 July 2018
- Good Atmosphere and fun environment
- Appropriate weekly targets
- Good management
- Very flexible
- Great staff discount and lots of fun competitions on the hub
It's something
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Bognor Regis13 July 2018
It's a good first job to get you going in the real world. But it's not very exiting or rewarding. Retail is never great, this is just plain average. It'll do.
Uncomfortable
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Peterborough12 July 2018
I was always made to feel less worthy than other colleagues due to being younger, I always followed instructions and got all jobs done but was made to feel stupid when asking simple questions considering I was new and there was a lot to learn. I often felt frowned upon by the older girls I worked around.
Pros
Give you the hours you want
Cons
Not a good team energy in certain stores
Lovely!!!
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Taunton10 July 2018
I really enjoyed working with Superdrug. They train well, move you up and support you where needed. The staff are lovely and always plan events outside of work which everyone is invited too.
ONLY did work experience
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London7 July 2018
Since I had only done work experience, I cannot give a true representation of what is like to be employed at Superdrug. At my time there they would assign me tasks but most of the time I found myself bored.
fun place
Customer Service Assistant (Work Experience) (Former Employee) –  Loughton5 July 2018
nice environment and lovely staff to work with got along very well with everyone there they were very supportive loved assisting customers and shelf stacking nice environment but unfortunately they got rid of me and even to this day i dont know why could of got a paid job out of it
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Sutton-In-Ashfield2 July 2018
A typical day at work would be very busy but not too busy therefore the hours would go by really fast. This was great as it made you enjoy work.
This was my first job therefore I learnt a lot such as how to deal with customers and what work life is like.
The management staff were really nice and fair.
The workplace culture was also good.
The hardest part of the job was promotion night as this took a lot of time and energy as you had to change all prices and move the shop around.
The most enjoyable part was re designing the shelves.
Pros
Christmas Bonus
Cons
Some rude staff
Active work place
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chichester28 June 2018
• Working on the perfume counter service customers
• Assisting customers with any queries
• Regular stock checks
• Assisting with deliveries
• Boosting promotions on the shop floor
Pros
Discount - Hours offered
Cons
Late night training after full day
Fun workplace
Assistant Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Croydon, Greater London23 June 2018
I have learnt how to update data and how to file the files clearly and I have had a great exprience as the staff are very friendly, the worplace is very clean and great to work in
Trainee (Former Employee) –  Westfield Stratford City, Greater London21 June 2018
When working at Superdrug my manager knew that I have had no experience at retail whatsoever so he assigned me to be under an employees wing and he taught me many things about retail and how to get the job done. In my opinion it was a great learning experience as at the time it helped with my confidence of speaking to people.
Pros
Free lunch

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Superdrug. Our community is ready to answer.