Superdrug Employee Reviews

Fun but hard working
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Croydon, Greater London13 May 2018
Superdrug's new Head Office in Croydon is a fun and vibrant place to work. Everybody does their best and works hard to achieve optimum results for the brand.
Pros
Discounted beauty treatments and a great cafe for lunch
Cons
Very busy environment
Good First Job
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Wallington13 May 2018
Days at work can become repetitive, good if you enjoy routine.
Helpful at basic retail training. Minimum wages are paid, and discount in OK. Work is enjoyable depending on area you work in and management team also.
Pros
discount, competitions to win prizes, good team environment
Cons
Low wages
Effective and Produvtive
Customer service (Current Employee) –  London12 May 2018
Superdrug has given me the knowledge how to assist the customers gently and politely. The company teaches me how a person can be disciplined and organise himself.
Pros
Higher Discount
Cons
Short hours
hated it
SALES ADVISER (Former Employee) –  Rushden, Northamptonshire10 May 2018
was my first job

pay awful

management made me feel stupid when I didn't know how do something even though id never been shown

couldn't even remember my name
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Maidenhead, Berkshire8 May 2018
no communications or help, they don't rally care what you do unless you go for long breaks then they do.
they are not friendly
they don't have good security
Pros
long break
Cons
people
Supportive and enjoyable
Part Time Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Torquay1 May 2018
I worked over the Christmas period and despite this being relatively stressful, there was always an enjoyable aspect. Every member of staff was supportive and genuine.
Awful company to work for, read the reviews beforehand
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Grimsby, Lincolnshire1 May 2018
Where do I start..
The company has no compassion at all, are not helpful around childcare schedules, not supportive to their staff, they could not care less about how they are constantly dragging the staff down. They like to victimise staff by shouting and swearing at them on a daily basis. I wish I had took on board all of the reviews before leaving my previous employer. Avoid at all costs
Pros
Discount card
Cons
Awful management team
good way to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Green Street29 April 2018
it was really good for work experience. it is where i learnt how to deal with customers and learnt time management and problem solving skills and where i learnt how it feels to work
New lorries, bad management,
Lorry Driver Class 1 (Current Employee) –  Dunstable, Bedfordshire29 April 2018
Change yours hours instantly, you never know your rota, they sent to you sms with start time day after, if not you off.
Frends receive better trips and more hrs.
When you need change working days or hrs always problem, but you must be always ready for him.
Pros
new lories, great shops safety sheet
Cons
start times, management, you are sleeve nod human, just number
Most unprofessional manager ever.
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Crawley27 April 2018
A very uncomfortable place to be. The current manager is very unprofessional and malipulative. Had to eventually leave because of feeling picked on and Left feeling insecure about my mental health. Honestly the worst person to ever work for in my experience (and I’m not the only one to think this either) I wouldn’t even rate the managent a 1 If I didn’t have to.
Cons
The manager x
friendly and up beat place to work,
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Warwick25 April 2018
When I worked there I enjoyed my work life and I also enjoyed my home life it was an equal balance for me at the time due to commitments with school. Good place to work however very irritating getting constant paper cuts.
Pros
discount
Cons
short breaks long hours
Positive benefits but no work life balance
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow25 April 2018
As an assistant manager you have a tendency to work 45+ hours a week, sometimes 60 once a month on 'promotion change over' however you're contracted to 39 and no offer of overtime or days back! Working every weekend is a must unless you request it off on holdiay. No work life balance! You can get promoted quickly and they have a scheme to help progress you onto management
There's a lot of stress on ensuring everything is right at all times, sometimes there is a fear of doing something wrong that's so silly incase you get a disciplinary! You forget to sign one tiny thing and if thar creeps up on audit you can get into a lot of trouble.
Pros
Good discount
Cons
Long hours, no overtime
Great
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Saffron Walden24 April 2018
Superdrug is the best retail job i ever had, everything was good about it, if i didn't have to leave, i wouldn't have. If i lived closer i would still be there. The people are great, good hours, good job! Not the easiest retail job but that is what made every day exciting.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Long distance.
Good place to start but nothing else
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brighton, East Sussex21 April 2018
If you're starting off with the working world this is a great place but unfortunately, some of the managers are quite rude. The other staff are polite depending on what branch you're working in.
Pros
Discounts on Own Brand Products up to 30% and 10% on other Brands
Cons
Rude Managers
Horrible
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, Cambridgeshire16 April 2018
Was a horrible place to work. My manager was so horrible i wasn't the only one that left.

Days are very long and hard work. I would say the hardest part of the job was that the company was very demanding.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
excellent working environment
Supervisor/Beauty specialist (Former Employee) –  Abergavenny, Blaenau Gwent15 April 2018
I loved working at superdrug as i was a supervisor so i had to learn managerial skills I also learned alot about cashing up at the end of the day and opening and closing the store it was great having alot of responsibilities
Pros
excellent working environment
Cons
Good place to work, Christmas season
Sales Assistant (Christmas Staff) (Former Employee) –  Chichester11 April 2018
Constantly on feet, busy during Christmas season. Enjoyed working on tills. Stacking shelves, facing up, dealing with customers, majority were lovely. Need to be a strong character to work with general public.
Pros
Kept busy
Cons
When customers are rude, no mate how helpful you are.
Fun, fast paced and innovative
Manager (Current Employee) –  Croydon, Greater London10 April 2018
Joined Superdrug in 2016 and not looked back. The people are fantastic and the business is seeing growth with is rare in retail at the moment.

The exciting constant changes make every day a new challenge and opportunity to progress.
Pros
people, fun
Awful!
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Yate5 April 2018
Worked for the company for 2 months, underpaid every time, shocking and lazy team leaders, and pay is embarrassing. once you go for your 15 min break its over pretty much, no wonder nobody stays with the company smh.
Pros
nothing
Cons
pay
Fun Workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Worcester, Worcestershire30 March 2018
This was my first job and a great way to start work. Everyone there was really lovely and you really felt like you were a part of the family at all times. I would highly recommend a job working at here as it gave me great skills and experiences to carry on into the rest of my working life.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Superdrug. Our community is ready to answer.