Superdrug Employee Reviews

Straight Foward, fun workplace
pharmacy assistant (Current Employee) –  Inverness, Highland21 December 2017
The team I worked with were fantastic, I learned many new skills such as customer service and communications skills, working under pressure, responsibility and time management skills.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Low Salery
Fun working place
Store Assistant, Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Croydon20 December 2017
Superdrug Stores Plc takes pride in developing its employees. There was good incentives and motivation to develop yourself. There was the need to work as team. The working environment was good.
Pros
Subsidised breakfast and lunch
very demanding job due to lack of staff
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire19 December 2017
a typical day at Superdrug would usually consist of a handful of people doing there job and everyone else's while the rest just stand and look busy. I learned from this job that people get away with getting paid for doing nothing and just look busy. the hardest part of the job is probably getting a thousand tasks to do in a day that are impossible to complete as well as dealing with the busy queues at the tills. the most enjoyable part of the job is leaving at the end of the day. Most of the staff are really lovely people who you can have a laugh and a joke with which makes the day go a bit quicker. good for people in college/school who just want a few hours a week.
Pros
the friendly staff
Cons
understaffed
ok place to work
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Bradford14 December 2017
depends on where your store is and how much money it takes on how much you will enjoy your job. if you are in a low income area the benefits of work will not be as much to you as they are to others
Pros
discount is pretty good
Cons
long hours, no recognition of hard work
workplace and product
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kilburn Park Station7 December 2017
My first day it was no easy and try to do the best to help the customer to get the product and to advice them to buy as well.

I was so happy to meet a different people and leant new things. I really enjoyed because I met a new people, I leant more and get more experience.
Pros
free present
Cons
more hours
It was okay place to work at
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  London6 December 2017
I wouldn't really work their again, everyone was nice and very easy to work with and that overall was really great, but if their was only more help then that would have been great, and would have made my life and the customers life a lot more easier, because it's really sad when i find it hard to communicate, and that's something that is important in a work environment.
Pros
Lunches was great a good lunch break
Cons
It's a 9.00 to 5.00 job it was way too long
Working at Superdrug was a learning experience for me.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Barking, Greater London2 December 2017
I worked at Superdrug for a week as a part of my work experience in 2016. Working at Superdrug was an experience that I am grateful for. I was able to practice my communal skills as well as practicing my professional skills, whiles being easy to approach, for customers.
Unprofessional managers
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London29 November 2017
I have had the opportunity to work for superdrug and i made a lot of friends there but management was poor and biased. They were unprofessional and rude and only favoured certain staff.
Cons
short hours, low shifts
friendly workers
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire29 November 2017
Work experience over all was quite tiring and repetitive as i would be doing the same thing everyday. but it built my confidence and made me see work in a better light.
Pros
long lunch
Productive workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  North Finchley28 November 2017
On a typical day of work I would need to show high levels of customer service skills, responsible for making sure the shop looked presentable, and I was trusted to deal with all stock.
My opinion
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Durham28 November 2017
Overall a nice place to work however the management is quite unorganised and also the management make other staff feel as though they have preferred people.
Pros
Friendly team leaders
Cons
The shifts are quite awkward, as they areually during the day which limits opportunities of going out.
Active
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London27 November 2017
I was their for work experience and it required me to be present at 8 o clock and put up displays and make sure that stock where full. overall great experience and lovely staff
Pros
Friendly employees
Ok - if youre a student
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Somerset26 November 2017
This job would be fine if you are studying and need it part-time. I would not recommend this job for a full-time role. Management do not really know what they are doing and expect everything but pay the minimum for it.
It has a great atmosphere
Team Leader/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, Lincolnshire24 November 2017
I was new to Superdrug and the retail industry starting out as a sales advisor but my goal was to become team leader and I felt in that environment that I could achieve that goal.
Pros
Flexable hours
Loved my two week work experience there
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Thetford23 November 2017
I'm the kind of person that loves makeup and organising. So this work experience was a great fit. I got up in the morning feeling great and once I got to work and got stuck in a loop hole of stocking up the shelves and organising the stock room, the time would just fly by.
Pros
Great colleagues and really nice manager
Lovely but tedious
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  York21 November 2017
I loved working here due to the nice customers and fairly easy money. However nasty customers can get you down, hours can be terrible and pay is awful. Sometimes I did a 4 hour shift, and was paid around 16 pound, and a return bus ticket cost £4. Generally though the atmosphere of the staff and shop was good. Also, i understand security etc but sometimes we got 15 minute breaks and had to buy food in store and the queues would 10 ten minutes and we werent told we could have an extra ten, so I'd rush and basically have 2 minutes sit down over 6 hours.
Pros
Discount and pleasant collegues
Cons
Short hours. Low pay and short breaks
nice people, poor management
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  london putney20 November 2017
Other sales advisors were very friendly and welcoming, the manager was not very good at her job a lot of people left after their first day of working due to her poor management.
Pros
discount card
Cons
poor management
A good place to start if you are unfamiliar with retail work
Store Assistant (Volunteer) (Former Employee) –  London16 November 2017
Superdrug is a place where you can start working in retail if you are unfamiliar with work and do not want to be overwhelmed by giants such as Sainsburys. The people are generally very nice and supportive if you are new; in my experience, even though I came in with no previous references, people were willing to show me the ropes and looked like they were genuinely wanting to be helpful as supposed to just having to do it as part of their duty. It is heart warming and I would definitely recommend trying to apply for a place at the Superdrug near you if you are looking for friendly people and enjoyable work.
Pros
Flexible Hours and Generous Breaks
Cons
Manual Work
Bad management and intense environment
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London16 November 2017
As a sales assistant, my job consisted of standing for 6 hours in the aisles and asking if anyone needs help, and people asking me for help. The store I was personally situated in was freezing cold with broken heating, making it an uncomfortable environment for me to work in. My shifts ended at 11pm, but frequently staff higher up than me would have me stay later to tidy up more. It was not a tight knit environment between employees and often was very stressful. Lunch break was also only 15 minutes and the office was minuscule, with one seat between 6+ staff members.
very quiet
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Durham16 November 2017
at the time, the management didn't know what they were doing and it was a bit of a shambles, the shop was always quiet. however the people were good to work with

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Superdrug. Our community is ready to answer.